Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
ebay
Posted by: bamboum
Date: February 01, 2012 10:39PM

Why I cannot see at the top of ebay.com page the links "Myebay" "Sell"......? I used Kmeleon 1.5.4. Google Chrome clearly shows these indications.....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ebay
Posted by: rodocop
Date: February 02, 2012 06:42AM

Oh, my God!

I think we need write it by big red letters on the top of forum:
UPDATE YOUR K-MELEON TO 1.6 beta version
if you want to get all the best from the web

smiling smileygrinning smileysmiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2012 09:17AM by rodocop.

Date: February 02, 2012 10:02AM

Thanks. On the download part of the kmeleon site at first position is clearly indicate the last stable version 1.5.4 (on the french translated pages). Please if 1.6 has passed the test period please would you like to indicate that information.

Date: February 02, 2012 10:31AM

This is most 'strange area' of KMs today.

The lack of developers results in new version unfinished for a long period, so it stays 'beta', but the 'stable' release is really outdated for more and more modern websites (their number increases day by day).

Don't be afraid - 1.6beta as well as 1.7alpha are fully usable. They have some small limitations but those are significantly smaller than problems with old K-Meleon 1.5.x...

There are numerous links on 'official' and user-supported builds of 1.6 and 1.7 branches on the forum.

Some of them you can find in my signature, for more search the forum (General and Development sections)...

Date: February 19, 2012 02:04AM

I have tried KM 1.6. With same configuration (about:config) that 1.5.4 speed is smaller. This version works fine regarding to the web site navigation but speed smaller and also opening time larger. The version 1.7 seems great and better but I cannot find remembering login and password. Is new instuction needed in about:config ?

Date: February 20, 2012 05:24PM

You cannot access password manager in 1.7 but it works (without confirmation)...

I think the speed difference of versions is sort of artefact though...

Date: February 20, 2012 07:59PM

I do not want to access password manager in KM 1.7, the problem is that it cannot remember any login and password. I never see popup windows pass manager, never appears on my screen...In the past informations were in a file with extension .s, in the kmeleon folder, it was fine !

Date: February 21, 2012 08:17AM

once again:
1.7 don't show you any dialog about remembering password but it DO remember. I use 1.7 and all my passwords are stored - I don't know where exactly, but they are.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: February 22, 2012 01:46AM

bamboum
I do not want to access password manager in KM 1.7, the problem is that it cannot remember any login and password. I never see popup windows pass manager, never appears on my screen...In the past informations were in a file with extension .s, in the kmeleon folder, it was fine !

bamboum,

Known bug, not fixed and probably unlikely to be fixed, unless a new coder comes on board. As rodocop said, it actually works, just doesn't tell you that it is working, so call it the "stealth" password manager. <shrug>

N

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.