Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
Comments on wordpress
Posted by: KMfan2
Date: September 26, 2014 07:37AM

Hello. Another bug i've found: can't post comments on wordpress platform with Google profile. I havn't tryied with others (OpenID, AIM etc).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Comments on wordpress
Posted by: JamesD
Date: September 26, 2014 03:14PM

Are you using the FireFox compatible user agent string and do you have Javascript enabled?

Date: September 26, 2014 03:55PM

JamesD
Are you using the FireFox compatible user agent string and do you have Javascript enabled?

Yes.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: September 26, 2014 06:14PM

I have not used Wordpress, so all that I can do is suggest possibilities. Does Wordpress open a new window or frame for you to enter comments? If it should do so, but is not now doing that, perhaps some content filter is preventing this action. Check the following:
EDIT - PREFERENCES - PAGE DISPLAY - CONTENT FILTERS

It is also possible that the site just does not accept our user agent string.

Posted by: guenter
Date: September 26, 2014 06:39PM

KMfan2
Hello. Another bug i've found: can't post comments on wordpress platform with Google profile. I havn't tryied with others (OpenID, AIM etc).

Too vage for a bug report IMHO.

Give URL and action in Your bug report = receipe to reproduce.

Does it only happen when You use the Google profile...

Mention all that can help others to reproduce Your bug.

p.s. Mention essential browser settings like AgentString and adblocking stylesheet.

Also mention: If You are using addons like Adblockers. Thx in advance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2014 08:04PM by guenter.

Date: September 27, 2014 04:51AM

When trying to post comments on wordpress platform i'm asked to select an account to post with (google, AIM, livejournal etc.). When i select Google account that redirects me to Google login page (but not a pop-up page). I login but when the page redirects me to wordpress page the google account it is not selected. If i do this in FF even WITH ADDBLOCK ENABLED, all works well:

-KMeleon 74 RC2 (i enabled everithing: flash, java etc) and i disabled adblocking

-Firefox with all addbloking:

You can easily see that with KM it doesn't work. I've tryied also with wordpress account. Same thing. I think that someone do the same thing i did and see for itself. Maybe i'am doing something wrong.

Posted by: siria
Date: September 27, 2014 05:20AM

For another site someone mentioned to allow third-party cookies, perhaps that? In Priv Menu that appears as "allowed", and priv button is not blocked if only external cookies are blocked.

Date: September 27, 2014 06:13AM

siria
For another site someone mentioned to allow third-party cookies, perhaps that? In Priv Menu that appears as "allowed", and priv button is not blocked if only external cookies are blocked.

I've made a little mistake. The platform is BLOGGER (blogspot domain). My bad. I do not know why i didn't watch the addres. I've assumed that is wordpress because the page i enter it looks like wordpress.

Nevertheless, it is still a problem.

Posted by: guenter
Date: September 27, 2014 04:11PM

The bug report procedure tries to conserve the developer's/Dorian's time not Yours or mine.

You must explain to us step by step how we can replicate/confirm Your bug.

Work on a bug does not start before it is confirmed.

Your report is too vague. The exact URL / Link? ...

If it is site specific go to & exact URL/Link. If it is a private site You give the link to another public site that has the same bug.

If You do not find one - it well never become a confirmed bug.

Not even I want to search the page. No dev will look a such a bug (except maybe Dorian who has much patience). Ulf who was core dev before Dorian would not look.
All devs that I have encountered fixed the well documented and confirmed bugs first.

p.s. You test before You cry wolf. Is there a receipe to provoke the problem that You can post? Does it work in Firefox esr 24 or another browser that uses this major GRE version as K-Meleon 74 and can be installed additionally to a Firefox?

Like: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:24.7) Gecko/20140802 Firefox/24.7 PaleMoon/24.7.1

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2014 05:02PM by guenter.

Posted by: siria
Date: October 04, 2014 07:20PM

JamesD

Looks like in the future the next question will have to be:
Have you also tried *without* the FireFox compatible UA? :cool:

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.