Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
K-Meleon 74 u4 outside link bug
Posted by: adXok
Date: August 13, 2014 08:45AM

When a friend sends me a link to some page (Youtube, Facebook, url:\ whatever)
and I click on it:

1. K-Meleon 74 u4 opens a new Empty tab
2. K-Meleon 74 u4 opens the link in the current tab (not in the created Empty tab)

That is annoing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Meleon 74 u4 outside link bug
Posted by: guenter
Date: August 13, 2014 04:27PM

добре дошъл, welcome adXok,

we are testing 74 RC Release Candiate now. Most problems are fixed in that.

A 74 RC download link can be found here:

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?8,128577

If You find a bug in that 74 RC version please post in that thread.

With a step by step description how to reproduce Your error on another machine.

Greetings from Germany to Bulgaria

p.s. What the browser does after You paste an URL is set under Browsing Options.

Choices are: Open in current Tab, New or Background both Tab or Window.

Make sure that You have set it they way You want it. Mine does what I want.

What can possibly cause Your bug?

Either a broken install or that You have set the browser up in a way where it has no writing rights in the profile folder. Then You cannot cange options etc.

Please make sure: that have set the options the way You want and that the browser can write them into prefs.js.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: August 15, 2014 09:55PM

The same behaviour in RCC (and in all the 74 betas).

I second this report as bug with one addition:

KM74 when getting link from third-parties - opens new tab, but only AFTER it loads external link in current tab.

Posted by: Dorian
Date: August 17, 2014 07:33AM

External link works fine for me. Did you change any settings?

Posted by: adXok
Date: August 18, 2014 08:03AM

Hi, guenter
Thanks, I am truly from Bulgaria smiling smiley and I love K-meleon since Christophe Thibault and Dorian era!

K-meleon 74 u4 is set as my default browser. I installed the new 74 RC.

– When a friend posts me a link in Skype (in its message window) or whatever outside link and I click on it directly, K-meleon 74 u4 opens a New Tab (good) but... the link is opened in the current tab instead (bad) of in the newly created (empty) tab.

That is the bug. My Prefs are always: open any links, text in New tabs in Background - every time I first install K-meleon I make those prefs.

– Also... some pictures cannot be saved with Right Mouse Button -> Save Image As...
Yet some can be saved and its odd.
A workaround is to Refresh the Image-link-page with F5 = refresh page! Then it can be saved as image (otherwise it wants to save it as a 'url.htm' It's working after manualy refresh page!

– The "Zoom Text Only" option works only with the Zoom buttons. It does not work with the "Ctrl +" and "Ctrl -" keyboard shortcuts.
Zoom in Text -> Zooms the images also (seems a bug to me)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2014 08:46AM by adXok.

Date: August 19, 2014 02:30PM

adXok
Hi, guenter
Thanks, I am truly from Bulgaria smiling smiley and I love K-meleon since Christophe Thibault and Dorian era!

K-meleon 74 u4 is set as my default browser. I installed the new 74 RC.

– When a friend posts me a link in Skype (in its message window) or whatever outside link and I click on it directly, K-meleon 74 u4 opens a New Tab (good) but... the link is opened in the current tab instead (bad) of in the newly created (empty) tab.

That is the bug. My Prefs are always: open any links, text in New tabs in Background - every time I first install K-meleon I make those prefs.

– Also... some pictures cannot be saved with Right Mouse Button -> Save Image As...
Yet some can be saved and its odd.
A workaround is to Refresh the Image-link-page with F5 = refresh page! Then it can be saved as image (otherwise it wants to save it as a 'url.htm' It's working after manualy refresh page!

– The "Zoom Text Only" option works only with the Zoom buttons. It does not work with the "Ctrl +" and "Ctrl -" keyboard shortcuts.
Zoom in Text -> Zooms the images also (seems a bug to me)

hi adXok, I am cheating. I am a moderator and can see the URLs, which I can send to a search engine if I want. This helps to tell who also speaks the poster's language and can help. And I can tell how to greet posters if I want to be polite. smiling smiley It sometimes also helps to decide what is SPAM.

If I remember correctly the open two tabs/windows and not using the correct tab or window was a rare system registry related thing/bug. Someone explained it years ago. Next winter I will be here 10 Years. :O I wished I remebered all I red.

In that is true - it cannot be reproduced on each machine.

For bug reports: please write and post for Dorian (if You want that he can try to fix) a step by step guide how he can reproduce the bug on what page. He has very limited time and many things that need his attention.

That way we others can also check whether we can reproduce the receipe or whether it only happens on one PC.

Right click to save sometimes not working.

On some pages they still have that old JS (sometimes with a nag screen like: copy right material - no right click!) that prevents that You right click to save. Very annoying because it interferes with mouse gestures also (and I read also with some devices for the handicaped people). On such pages. I usually descative JS or use the print button and insert the picture into Irfan view else I look into the browser cache. People that do not want to share should not publish in the Net.tongue sticking out smiley

If we could over-ride that sort of script (by default) it would be nice.

Also when I save pictures several after another the right click context menu sometimes gets stuck until something has downloaded. My guess. But that has no consistent pattern that I can report with a receipe how to reproduce.

p.s. There is even a Firefox extension because of that "No right click" and other annoying JS scripts. It is called RightToClick and partially works for K-Meleon 74.

It can disable Page context menue handlers (which re-enables right click).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2014 02:52PM by guenter.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: August 19, 2014 05:50PM

When I get a page with images that block "Save image as", I just right click on the page and select "Page properties" and then select "Images". Doing that opens a page with all the images but that new page has no restriction on doing "Save image as".

Date: August 20, 2014 10:29AM

JamesD
When I get a page with images that block "Save image as", I just right click on the page and select "Page properties" and then select "Images". Doing that opens a page with all the images but that new page has no restriction on doing "Save image as".

Thx for the tip.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.