Unexpected situation on installing the Event Logging module: running the install queries from file ./mods/event_logging/db/mysql/2.php failed. The error was ALTER command denied to user 'k14285rw'@'172.30.30.73' for table `k14285_kmeleon`.`phorum_event_logging` KM74 crashing when bookmarking
Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
KM74 crashing when bookmarking
Posted by: BillH50
Date: July 28, 2014 01:29PM

KM74 has been crashing when bookmarking a page from second tab. Have not noticed it if only one tab open. It seems to happen after closing second tab and then opening second tab on another site. KM will crash without saving the bookmark.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: KM74 crashing when bookmarking
Posted by: guenter
Date: July 29, 2014 05:20PM

Dorian will need a rceipe to reproduce the error. Just write a

1.) do this on page www.mm.
2.) close first tab ....

Posted by: Zero3K
Date: July 29, 2014 07:52PM

BillH50
KM74 has been crashing when bookmarking a page from second tab. Have not noticed it if only one tab open. It seems to happen after closing second tab and then opening second tab on another site. KM will crash without saving the bookmark.

Try using the latest update mention in K-Meleon 74 Beta 4's thread. Before applying the update, you have to upgrade to Beta 4 of K-Meleon 74.

Posted by: BillH50
Date: July 30, 2014 08:58PM

I am using beta 4. As far as when it crashes it happens quite often and on no particular website. I am not an expert on computers so not sure what anyone needs to know. All I know is it happens when bookmarking a page from second tab and it does not save the bookmark either. If I re-open km it asks if I want to restore last session. If I say yes the page that I wanted to bookmark will open and km will then let me bookmark it without crashing even though I have other tabs. I almost forgot. It happens more when the second tab has been opened, closed, and then open again to bookmark another page.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2014 09:00PM by BillH50.

Date: August 05, 2014 03:44PM

BillH50
I am using beta 4. As far as when it crashes it happens quite often and on no particular website. I am not an expert on computers so not sure what anyone needs to know. All I know is it happens when bookmarking a page from second tab and it does not save the bookmark either. If I re-open km it asks if I want to restore last session. If I say yes the page that I wanted to bookmark will open and km will then let me bookmark it without crashing even though I have other tabs. I almost forgot. It happens more when the second tab has been opened, closed, and then open again to bookmark another page.

Try using the Crash Report plugin available at the following URL to report the crash that you're experiencing:

http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/files/crashrpt.zip

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2014 03:44PM by Zero3K.

Date: August 12, 2014 11:28PM

You should try using the new RC of it that was released yesterday. The bug might've been fixed in it.

Posted by: Dorian
Date: September 07, 2014 07:32AM

I've got severeal crash report for this, but can't find the root of the problem. I suppose it happens after editing bookmarks, because when kmeleon crashs, bookmarks are in an incoherent state.*

EDIT: I think I've found the cause: dropping a bookmark in an empty folder.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2014 08:15AM by Dorian.

Posted by: Drew
Date: September 22, 2014 07:09PM

I've been able to set bookmarks no problem using right click, but when I went into toolbars.cfg and set the button to do bookmarks(add) on left click instead of bookmarks(edit), K-Meleon crashed every time I left clicked. Today after some frustration I finally put my first bookmark in the main folder using right click (all my bookmarks were in folders, none were out in the main folder), and now left click works fine.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2014 07:10PM by Drew.

Posted by: Michael Sattler
Date: October 21, 2014 04:52PM

I noticed something different:
Bookmarking creates only bookmarks with an empty URL.

Date: October 21, 2014 06:02PM

Michael Sattler
I noticed something different:
Bookmarking creates only bookmarks with an empty URL.

Works for me XP PRO SP3. Please check whether You have privileges of the folder where the profile is. Help -> Troubleshooting...

Greetings from Hannover

p.s. Hilfe -> Fehlersuche -> Schreibrechte für Profil prüfen.

Posted by: siria
Date: October 21, 2014 06:20PM

I dimly remember some bug with empty bookmarks being discussed, but may be fixed meanwhile, no idea. Perhaps others know better. Which MK version are you using exactly?

Date: October 22, 2014 04:28AM

siria
I dimly remember some bug with empty bookmarks being discussed, but may be fixed meanwhile, no idea. Perhaps others know better. Which MK version are you using exactly?

The bug with it not filling in the URL of a page being bookmarked is still occurring in the final version of KM 74.

Date: October 22, 2014 04:40AM

Zero3K
siria

The bug with it not filling in the URL of a page being bookmarked is still occurring in the final version of KM 74.

If so we need for Dorian or the cript coders an exact reipe and page to repliacate or is it random?

Date: October 22, 2014 06:09AM

guenter
Zero3K
siria

If so we need for Dorian or the cript coders an exact reipe and page to repliacate or is it random?

Its not random. It happens when bookmarking any page.

Date: October 22, 2014 07:31AM

indeed, happens when bookmarking any page!

my version is Gecko/20140105 Firefox/24.0 K-Meleon/74.0
OS is XP SP3

Date: October 22, 2014 07:33AM

and yes, I have privileges of the folder where the profile is.

Posted by: Dorian
Date: October 22, 2014 07:47PM

Does it happen with an empty profile? A different locale?

Date: October 22, 2014 08:09PM

Dorian
Does it happen with an empty profile? A different locale?

I probaly uses the same as me. German.

Posted by: siria
Date: October 22, 2014 08:12PM

Locale? Ah that reminds me again of the missing locale bug in english (only portable?) version, as long the user never clicked on "english" in the pref sheets... who knows...
Michael, do the Help>Welcome page appear for you?

Date: October 22, 2014 08:20PM

Dorian
Does it happen with an empty profile?

It will happen when You have deleted a bookmarks.html.
I just tested this because You mentioned empty profile.

74.0 creates the new bookmarks.html only for the session and never stores it to disk. At least that happened to me now when I used a freshly created profile.

This seems a new bug. I checked with 1.5.4 and and 1.6.

They started a new bookmarks.html after a complaint or without and wrote it to disk.

I cross tested with 74 (same install and profile) by using the bookmarks.dll from an 1.6. It issues a complaint and writes a new bookmarks.html to disk.

p.s. And something unwanted also will happen when You use a write protected bookmarks.html like one that can come from an backup medium/CD when the attribute is not cleared. 74 will silently and without complaint create an error file (here bookmarks.htmla04000) on XP SP3 where it does the changes. On next start it will tell You it cannot find bookmarks.html (the unaltered one still exists and the new one has the wrong extension) which naturally exist.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2014 08:58PM by guenter.

Date: November 03, 2014 07:47AM

The Welcome Page works.

I now use bookmarks.dll from 1.6, thanks for the hint!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.
K-Meleon