Bugs :  K-Meleon Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
adding new search engines to websearch
Posted by: Kevlar
Date: June 07, 2014 07:40PM

Hi guys! Thanks for bringing a wonderful lean and mean browser back to life.

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong:

When I go to Tools -> Websearch ->configure -> websearch I find the three default search engines and the usual button ADD ENTRY. It says " Warning:this featrure requires the Macro Extension". If I press ADD it simply says "remove this entry".

What Macro Extension does it refer to? search.kmm is in the right place, and all search engines appear in the list at the right. It has always worked for me until I gave up K-meleon as my main browser about a year ago, and in fact I love the flexibility of the system, Now, I'm stumped

This was happening to me throughout the 74b3 series. I just waited thinking it would be sorted out. But browsing the forum I can see that this works for other people.
I'm using XP SP3, and have been using K-meleon for YEARS, ever since the project started.

Thanks!
Kev

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: adding new search engines to websearch
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: June 07, 2014 11:53PM

[Spanish]
Comprueba que, en la ventana de preferencias>K-meleon plugins>macro extension, tienes marcado "search" con la descripciĆ³n "Provides web search functionality". Si no me equivoco es la macro responsable de la funcionalidad.


[English]
Check that, in the preference window>K-meleon plugins>macro extension, you have checked "search" with the description "Provides web search functionality". If I'm not wrong that is the macro responsible of that functionality.

-----------------------------
If I'm required and I don't reply in a long time


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: adding new search engines to websearch
Posted by: guenter
Date: June 08, 2014 03:55AM

Quote
Kevlar


This was happening to me throughout the 74b3 series. I just waited thinking it would be sorted out. But browsing the forum I can see that this works for other people.

I'm using XP SP3, and have been using K-meleon for YEARS, ever since the project started.

No. This happens only with some 74s that have a chrome bug.

Configure search.xml with any 1.5.4, 1.6, 1.7 or working 74/1.8 and copy it from that version's profile to your 74/1.8's used profile. Sometimes some additional search configuring via F2... is needed.

XP SP3 also - user since 0.6. Default since 0.7.1 / 0.8.2. Contributing a little since Fred's 1 rst 0.9 update. And I have 8000 plus times spammed in this forum.cool smiley



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2014 03:56AM by guenter.

Options: ReplyQuote


K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.