Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
a few weesmiling smiley problems
Posted by: Shan
Date: April 06, 2010 02:42AM

I am on dial up due to circumstances beyond my control...Also I'm in New Zealand and our Telcos Suck and charge alot...The indigenous People Rock however smiling smiley

I can't get the page to fully load it's like it times out then stops finishing the page load...The pictures don't show even on google images I have to reload the page at least six times to see about 6 pictures sometimes...

I have to always reload every page I go to but to even get that happening I am having to press the mousebuton on Reload,Refresh or Go/F5 and sometimes where applicable ENTER key sometimes over thirty times It's way old now...

I cannot use hotmail with kMelon...I can open it sometimes with Kmelon but I can look at email or write anything...All my cookies are enabled F9 is enabled...I have tried looking for timeouts or forceloading but nothing seems to work...I have had to change my settings for the internet because somethings email and facebook...My java and flash player get some weird messages eg site http://www.pizzahut.co.nz It keeps saying my flash player is on even after re downloading adobe's flash player...I have noticed with some updates especially Microsoft things stop working...The cache and internet temp folders get deleted along with cookies every time I shutdown K Melon.

After hearing this many would think it's easier to go do another browser...I have used Firefox, Advanced, Maxthon IE and I like K melon's speed and userfriendly interface more...So when the going gets tough...The Tough get Tough...

Any help much appreciated

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: a few weesmiling smiley problems
Posted by: Shan
Date: April 06, 2010 02:45AM

Shan
It keeps saying my flash player is on even after re downloading adobe's flash player...

It keeps saying my flash player is old and out of date even after re downloading Adobe's latest flash player

Posted by: disrupted
Date: April 06, 2010 06:47PM

hi shan

1- dialup related problems can be due to connection or firewall..if you use software firewall, make sure k-meleon is granted network access. ..gunter knows some very good settings for dialuup, hopefully gunter can elaborate here
also check this thread for optimising dialup
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,90534,90554#msg-90554
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,81876,81889,quote=1

2- flash plugin doesn't seem to have been recongnised properly in kmeleon..first try this:
go to help>about plugins
and check if it's now using the prper version..try restarting the browser..if oth fails, copy the flash np plugin directly into kmeleon\plugins folder..this will definitely make kmeleon use it
the standalone flash plugin 10 can be downloaded from:
http://kmext.sourceforge.net/mplug.htm

3- hotmail amongst other websites have browser detection bugs in identifying kmeleon as a gecko browser since it's an obscure browser, change the user agent to firefox and this will make hotmail behave
go to tools>useragent>select firefox

Shan
.So when the going gets tough...The Tough get Tough...
spoken like a true kiwi smiling smiley

Re: a few wee smiling smiley problems
Posted by: siria
Date: April 06, 2010 09:35PM

Shan
The cache and internet temp folders get deleted along with cookies every time I shutdown K Melon.

Considering that you're on dial-up, I'm not sure whether you mean those settings are what you want or not...?
And regarding cache, it's slightly embarassing, but after many years on the internet I discovered only recently that "Go" reloads from cache (the stuff that's already there, then the rest from web), and "Reload" starts loading everything all over again! *blush*

Posted by: ndebord
Date: April 07, 2010 04:46AM

Shan
Shan
It keeps saying my flash player is on even after re downloading adobe's flash player...

It keeps saying my flash player is old and out of date even after re downloading Adobe's latest flash player

Shan,

Since you are on dialup, perhaps you might consider using the Flash plugin instead of the full flash product and use it along with FlashBlock. I have a sometimes slow connection and when I do have a slow connection I always use Flashblock enabled thereby only seeing a flash presentation when I really want it.

N

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.