Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
problem with multiple pages
Posted by: kippaxkid
Date: April 17, 2010 03:59PM

Hiya, I'm noticed two problems since I recently installed KM.
The first is that if Iask itbti open from the home page instead of the recently closed pages, it refuses. Just sits there and sulks until I realise its not going to do anything and reopen anew.

The second is that if i have more than one window open, it won't let me select a particular page from the bottom toolbar.
I suspect it's hanging as I have to click on the window to remove the toolbar popup and then open task manager to allow me to select the page required.
Any ideas, anybody?
Regards

chris

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: problem with multiple pages
Posted by: siria
Date: April 17, 2010 06:54PM

Well, it just does what you tell it to, and can't read thoughts. If you prefer to sulk and cry "Bugs!" instead of telling the program what you want, by clicking the right buttons, it's no wonder nothing happens :cool:
Selecting windows works perfectly fine too, no idea what you're doing there exactly? Or what a "toolbar popup" might possibly mean?

But not all people like the same programs, there are different tastes, and if from the start things are so unclear, perhaps it would be easier to look which friend could show you in detail how his browser works and then you just use that one smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2010 06:55PM by siria.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: April 17, 2010 09:52PM

hi chris, you didn't explain the problem thoroughly, it's hard to understand what you were trying to do and it failed

if you mean opening links in background tab, you just have to go to tools>mouse accelerators> and select either seamonkey or firefox(kmeleon's default is opening in a new tab-not in the background)

if you mean when clicking a shortcut, kmeleon will either open a new tab or a a new window depending on your settings.. take a look in preferences>browsing

if you want to open a new instance of kmeleon, that is not possible without an extra parameter

for another km instance, create a shortcut with -new command
e.g.
c:\programs\kmeleon\k-meleon.exe -new

Posted by: guenter
Date: April 18, 2010 02:03AM

kippaxkid

The first is that if Iask itbti open from the home page instead of the recently closed pages, it refuses.

The second is that if i have more than one window open, it won't let me select a particular page from the bottom toolbar.

1.) Sessions - Open last session, Or set it to always open last session?
Right click on the home symbol in main bar & select what You need.

btw. Right click often shows what You can do in a given situation = the menus adapt to the context and show what is allowed or possible. So right click over a link in the web page will have another menu than marking a text and right click then - or inside the edit bookmarks menu.

2.) The Toolbar popup is possibly the menu You get when You right click on a tab in the tab bar?

What is opened and done depends on the settings You have selected in the F2 -> Browsing menus of the Preferences panel.

btw. K-Meleon is an old project older than e.g Firefox. Default is what was available in old times.

Example: What You can do when You chose tabbed browsing with multiple tabs and windows is possible too but some of it was developed later smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2010 02:04AM by guenter.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.