What do you mean exactly, Elena
1. Speaking about saving embedded content
like Youtube videos or streaming audio - there are a number of avaialble tools for KM:
- extensions from KM Extensions Central - some of them became outdated but I still recommend Youtube Services and Content Downloader.
First adds save video links panel with direct links to any Youtube page you'll visit while the second (working from context menu on the page) opens online tool to save any embedded content.
- Also I have to point you to ClipNabber extension from the same source. It can handle a lot of different video sites (read there the last item of the list).
NB! ClipNabber service requires the newest possible Java installed on your PC.
- I've update one of the outdated (thus not working properly) extensions to operate with another popular service - KeepVid. So you can get a brand new KeepVid Video Saver here on forum
It also requires Java in order to work.
- Also you can download only audio track from the Youtube using the MP3downloader, created by our comrade Merlin.
You just need to add them to your bookmarks and run them where you need them (simply by selecting them from Bookmarks Menu like usual Bookmarks).
So my K-Meleon Twin has good set of useful bookmarklets right in the Bookmarks Toolbar. Some of them are PwnYouTube, making the same that Youtube Services (cause the latter simply uses power of that js-tool) and KeepIt! that is more convenient frontend to KeepVid, that doesn't need installed Java!
So you can surf to KeepVid.com, look for this button
right-click on it and choose 'Add Link to Bookmarks' (do not follow the on-button instruction - this doesn't work in K-Meleon!)
The same way you can add PwnYouTube from this page
2. Speaking about saving big files
from 'open' links you may want a tool to control such downloads (pause, resume, speed up etc.) - that means you need Download Manager.
There are a lot of such tools out there - FlashGet, FreeDownloadManager, IDM and so on.
We have an extension oGet
which helps to integrate almost any of them into K-Meleon.
Also there are numerous tools to integrate some particular DM's - look on this page
These could add for you: Orbit, Orbit Grab (tool for downloading embedded content), FlashGet, FDM and more download managers... Try and choose what suites you needs better.
You may need KEM
to have the easy way for extensions install.
But as you should know, extensions are simlpy 7z-archives, which could be installed by unpacking them into K-Meleon folder.
Latest Release KM75.1 Latest dev KM76RC
||| Visit The K-Meleon Place
and join me there!
Old good stuff: KM-1.6db+NS
© dugbugoffice // KM-16-S2014
© Fred // KM-1.6beta2.6
© JamesD // KM Twin+ © rodocop
// KM 18.104.22.168
RECOMMENDED! K-Meleon 76 Pro
==» Download portable: 7zip
=//= Discuss on forum
K-Meleon 75.1 Pro
|| Portable Flash plugin (x86/x64 DLLs)
Edited 10 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2013 03:12AM by rodocop.