Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
K-Meleon won't open
Posted by: Andrew Schamess
Date: August 13, 2009 01:43PM

I love K-Meleon, it's definitely the fastest browser out there. But I keep running into this problem where it won't open. I can't get it to open from the shortcut, the program menu, or even from the exe file or loader file in the programs folder. I click to open it and nothing happens. Windows Task Manager confirms that it's not running invisibly or anything.

I've run into this problem several times over the past few months. Each time, if I uninstall and reinstall the program, it works for a week or two, then the same problem occurs.

I've run several virus and malware scans and cleaned up anything they found. I haven't changed my windows settings or installed anything funky on K-Meleon.

I'm running Windows XP Professional on an HP tablet, with adequate RAM, etc.

Any suggestions? I'm getting tired of reinstalling it every week or two.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Meleon won't open
Posted by: JujuLand
Date: August 13, 2009 02:26PM

For now, you can create a new profile under K-Meleon. in the Profile manager chechk for asking the profile. By default it purpose the last you have used. So, the only problem will be to have to press enter to continue with your usual profile.

Don't use the new one, except perhaps to complete its creation.

After, when you'll have the problem again, try to open the new profile instead of the usual one.

If it works, it's your profile which is bad, else perhaps a windows or other thing problem.

It's perhaps not the answer you were waiting for, but I have nothing else.

Perhaps somebody else ?

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Posted by: Andrew Schamess
Date: August 13, 2009 08:32PM

Thank you... do you know if there is any way to get to the profile manager if I can't open the program? Or would I have to reinstall and then create a new profile?

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: August 13, 2009 08:47PM

I think you must do this creation when K-Meleon is ok,and check 'Ask ..."

After, 2 possibilities :

.....1) It doesn't open the profile manager : the reason is probably external to K-Meleon.

.....2) It opens the profile manager :

..........2 possibilities

............1) It opens the new profile : the old profile is broken. It would be probably due to prefs.js, and it will necessary to analyse it.

............2) It doesn't opens the new profile : I will suspect something out of K-Meleon, but what ??? Not obvious.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2009 08:47PM by JujuLand.

Posted by: desga2
Date: August 14, 2009 08:13PM

Delete Profile subfolder to create a new profile, but I think your problem is dll needed to run K-Meleon, read this in FAQ.

K-Meleon in Spanish

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.