Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
After downloading pictures the download dialog didn't want to close
Posted by: Hermit
Date: January 25, 2009 10:21AM

I have used K-Meleon for about one month, and every time I saved a picture from a webpage, the download dialog progress would show for a split second, then close by itself (automatically).

However, today while I was downloading some pictures from a website (pictures were normally displayed on webpages, not with any download links), the download dialog progress box did not close after one of the pictures has been downloaded to my computer. It remained open and I had to close it by clicking on "close".

I tried to reinstall K-Meleon but the same thing happened again. I went to Preferences and under "Browsing -> File Handling" I ticked the option "When a download completes ... Close the progress dialog". Now it does close the download progress dialog as soon as the picture is downloaded (as it did before). But I wonder how and why this odd thing happened in the first place, since I am sure I had never changed that option?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2009 10:23AM by Hermit.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: After downloading pictures the download dialog didn't want to close
Posted by: guenter
Date: January 25, 2009 03:18PM

Create a new profile. Reinstall does not fix it because it will reuse the profile.

If You report a bug our project relies on You to post a link - so we can try to reproduce it.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: January 25, 2009 04:11PM

i remeber this once happened to me too.. it was in 1.5.0 or maybe 1.5.1 don't remember.. it happened when i was downloading a file whilst browsing another site and that site caused km to freeze for a bit.. it did not crash though but after that freeze the download dialog would linger around and wouldn't close..i think, i;m not sure..either the close when done box got disabled or removed. i did not know what exactly was the cause and couldn't reproduce and it happened just that once so i couldn't report as a bug. a profile restore fixed it..so it's definitely something that went haywire in prefs.js

Posted by: panzer
Date: January 25, 2009 04:32PM

It happened to me to. i woldn't close and little box at the left was not seen. I tried to download another picture, box appeared, I checked it from then on it was fine.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.