Bugs :  K-Meleon Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
KM does not save IE-Bookmarks (Favorites)
Posted by: Mark
Date: July 03, 2012 07:57AM

Hi,
after searching hours I must ask here:
I am using Version 1.5.4, as OS I a using Win98SE and WinXPPro Sp3. On both system IE and KM is running. So I have activated the IE-Favorite-Plug-in. The path of the Favorite-folder is changed to another drive (e.g. i:\favoriten) and this path is also changed in the registry and in KM (IE-Plug-in - folder for new favorites).
IE is working correctly with it´s Favorites.
KM is reading the IE-Favorites and I also can edit them. But KM does not save Favorites, neither via the menu (Favorites - Add) nor with right-click (add Favorites).
Because I have not found any hint or report about this behaviour I assume that it is my fault - but I can´t see it, I don´t understand what´s wrong.
Please help.
Regards, Mark

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: KM does not save IE-Bookmarks (Favorites)
Posted by: JamesD
Date: July 03, 2012 07:19PM

Mark
The path of the Favorite-folder is changed to another drive (e.g. i:\favoriten) and this path is also changed in the registry and in KM (IE-Plug-in - folder for new favorites).

If the path is changed in the registry, perhaps KM can save to default. I am not sure, because I just use default for both. Try making KM use default. Don't forget to restart KM after making the change.

Re: KM does not save IE-Bookmarks (Favorites)
Posted by: Mark
Date: July 03, 2012 07:53PM

No, KM does not save anywhere.
By accident I found out the reason:
As mentioned I added in the IE-favorites-plug-in-adjustments the path for the (new) favorites, because I assumed this was necessary when changing the location of the favorites-directory for correct working. I don´t know why, but this was wrong: When inserting here the real location of the favorites-directory KM does not add/save new favorites. When keeping this empty (and still having changed the location in the registry HKLU-software-microsoft-windows-explorer etc.) KM adds the new favorites and allows to edit them.
Regards, Mark

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.