Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
address bar auto completion doesn't work
Posted by: Kirill
Date: June 18, 2012 08:48PM

Address bar auto completion doesn't work in any of the 3 latest releases (including 1.7 beta), and re installing doesn't help either... I tried to disable and enable back this option in preferences but doesn't help either...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: address bar auto completion doesn't work
Posted by: JamesD
Date: June 18, 2012 10:53PM

Do you have history enabled?

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Date: June 18, 2012 11:18PM

I do...

Date: June 19, 2012 11:36AM

I am using the beta 2.4 version of KM which you can find here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1522294/K-Meleon1.6.0_Beta2dot4_en-US.7z

In preferences under finding websites, url bar, url bar autocompletion, I have both items checked. I just tested and when I typed a w into the url bar, my list changed to show all the items with w as the first letter. When I added an e the list changed again to show only items with we as the first two letters. When I added an a the list changed to show only the one item that had wea as the first three letters.

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Date: June 19, 2012 02:16PM

That's the thing, it always worked, but now it doesn't. I have those two options on... I'm thinking maybe uninstall with some advanced uninstaller and then reinstall...

Date: June 19, 2012 03:49PM

One final thing to check. Do you have write authority to your profile? Is your history getting written? Did you try my beta 2.4? If you have that one loaded, look under HELP - TROUBLESHOOTING - CHECK PRIVILEGE.

JamesD

Date: July 23, 2012 06:23PM

I figured it out. In order, I had to delete the program, wiping couple of leftover dlls in the folder. If I'd leave those 3 dlls, the problem sticks for the next install. So I solved it first by deleting 1.6 beta and going back to a stable, but a stable is too outdated (interestingly why) so I had to go to 1.6 beta doing the same thing (reinstalling and deleting the dlls).

Now there's a new bug... I have my home page set to the hotmail (live.com), and whenever I open up a message, it gets a seizure and jumps to the 'write new' window back and forth. The same problem also started to occur in 1.7 beta...

Any help would be appretiated.

KM is my favorite by far browser because it's the lightest and the most efficient (I really don't like the heaviness and visual gliding effects of all popular browsers which you can't turn off)... so I go with KM...

Posted by: rodocop
Date: July 24, 2012 12:12PM

Try to set modern UserAgent string, for example:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:1.9.2.29) Gecko/20120126 Firefox/3.6.29
(set Windows version corresponding to yours own)

In any case, there is something wrong with your system, not KM, if you have permanent problems.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2012 12:14PM by rodocop.

Date: July 24, 2012 12:21PM

Kirill
I figured it out. In order, I had to delete the program, wiping couple of leftover dlls in the folder. If I'd leave those 3 dlls, the problem sticks for the next install. So I solved it first by deleting 1.6 beta and going back to a stable, but a stable is too outdated (interestingly why) so I had to go to 1.6 beta doing the same thing (reinstalling and deleting the dlls).

Which dlls are you changing? If they are in the components folder, it may be necessary to delete the files "compreg.dat" and "xpti.dat". They get rebuilt upon next run of KM.

JamesD

Date: July 25, 2012 02:06PM

I can't recall now because I already reinstalled but the 3 that remain in a folder after you uninstall, they were causing the problem...

Posted by: rodocop
Date: July 25, 2012 04:33PM

I think they were msvcp71.dll msvcr71.dll etc.

Date: July 25, 2012 07:55PM

I think the files used in 1.6 beta and 1.7 beta are msvcp80.dll and msvca80.dll.

JamesD

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.