Adding bookmarks to folder
Posted by: Ronery
Date: February 09, 2012 08:26AM

Hi all,

I created a bookmarks-folder, then attempted to drag a bookmark to that newly created, empty folder. This seems to be impossible. I had to choose "add bookmark", which moved another bookmark, which I did not intend to move, to that folder. After this I could drag the bookmark I originally wished to move there.

Even then it's quite difficult to get the bookmark to end up in the intended folder. Often it ends up just over or below it.

Re: Adding bookmarks to folder
Posted by: guenter
Date: February 09, 2012 10:55AM

I agree it is mechanically difficult.

Thx for the tip with creating a new one. I did not get on that idea.
Always tried till I found the right spot to insert.

It gets easier after You have two bookmarks inside the folder if You tug them between two that are already there. So maybe add two as a starter.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: February 09, 2012 12:46PM

Ronery,
if you talk about Bookmark Manager - it's not too hard:
just hold the wished link on the folder - and it 'opens' so you could place link there...

Posted by: Robert
Date: February 21, 2012 08:35PM

I have a similar problem. When I open the bookmark manager, create a new folder and rename it, it's impossible to put a bookmark inside. I have to create a folder, drag something inside and then rename it. Otherwise it doesn't work.

Posted by: Ronery
Date: October 18, 2012 09:05AM

One must close the "edit bookmarks" dialog after creating a new folder, then open the editor again to be able to drag the bookmark to the new folder.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2012 09:06AM by Ronery.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.