Bugs :  K-Meleon Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here. But please, for confirmed bugs, use the bug tracker to report and give feedback on bugs.  
browser.xpt causes an error
Posted by: gino
Date: September 11, 2011 07:17AM

Hi,

I have beta 1.6 running. Search bar and ad block plus installed. Bug one. When I open preferences panel I can't open the entries: when i click on the plus sign nothing happens. Bug two: when on ad block plus i click "open blockable items" nothing shows up.

You can fix it by removing browser.xpt from components folder. But if you open the adblockpus symbol and run over the menu for a couple seconds k meleon crashes. But if you click fast enough on "blockable items" you can see the items.

How do I fix/workaround this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: browser.xpt causes an error
Posted by: guenter
Date: September 12, 2011 04:42AM

Quote
gino
Hi,

I have beta 1.6 running. Search bar and ad block plus installed.

Bug one. When I open preferences panel I can't open the entries: when i click on the plus sign nothing happens.

Bug two: when on ad block plus i click "open blockable items" nothing shows up.

You can fix it by removing browser.xpt from components folder. But if you open the adblockpus symbol and run over the menu for a couple seconds k meleon crashes. But if you click fast enough on "blockable items" you can see the items.

How do I fix/workaround this?

1.) Search Bar and AdBLockPlus are no part of K-Meleon project but they are extensions.
So what You observed is not K-Meleon Bug & You should have posted in the General or the Extensions Forums.

2.) Make sure that You install 1.6 compatible versions of the 2 extensions.

AdblockPlus AFAIK should be updated to a version that is only for 1.6.
If I remember rightly.

& You definitely need the update that is compatible with K-Meleon 1.6!

Searchbar may be compatible to 1.5.x and 1.6 also. But I do not know.

3.) browser.xpt is neither part of K-Meleon 1.6.beta nor 1.6beta2.

browser.xpt is part of Firefox GREs - or GREs build with:

ac_add_options --enable-libxul

Result: they have almost no dll in their components folder and the individual xpt have been linked into one big xpt usually called browser.xpt.


Currently only K-Meleon official 1.7alpha versions use GREs that are compiled like that.
K-Meleon 1.7 will use GRE 1.9.2.x

Make sure that You did not mix GRE versions.

For K-Meleon 1.6 it must be a GRE 1.9.1.x.

And make sure that You do not mix GREs compiled with different parameters.
Unless You compiled them Yourself and know what You have been doing.

You can check that by going to the URL "about:" or Help -> About K-Meleon.

It must say: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.18) Gecko K-Meleon/1.6.0

Bold! The actual subversion depends on how far You updated the GRE.

BTW. You cannot delete that single xpt without doing damage to the browser.


4.) You probably have to make a clean reinstall of K-Meleon 1.6beta and the 2 extensions checking what is working before and after You installed them.



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2011 07:03AM by guenter.

Options: ReplyQuote


K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.