KM window not always opening
Posted by: Chickenradio
Date: February 16, 2011 08:00PM

This happens when I come off KM then try to start it up later in the session.

When I check Task Manager I find that KM is using about 30,000k of memory but it is not visibly running and a new KM window will not open.

My current remedy is to 'End Process' for KM within Task Manager then ignore the warning about the whole computer crashing down around me.
KM will then open easily.

BTW I am relatively new to KM and am very impressed, glad I decided to investigate alternatives to IE8. I am recommending it to my friends & colleagues.

Re: KM window not always opening
Posted by: ndebord
Date: February 17, 2011 10:54PM

Chickenradio

When I check Task Manager I find that KM is using about 30,000k of memory but it is not visibly running and a new KM window will not open. My current remedy is to 'End Process' for KM within Task Manager then ignore the warning about the whole computer crashing down around me. KM will then open easily.

Chickenradio,

Can you tell us which version of K-Meleon you are using and how you are running it, such as using loader, multiple profiles or single user profile (profile.ini file located inside the KM folder, usually c:\program files\k-meleon).

Tks

N

Re: KM window not always opening
Posted by: desga2
Date: March 12, 2011 09:24PM

Read this in FAQ:
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/FAQ#zipversion

Check you have the correct dlls files.
Sometimes for corrupted files or bad profile configuration K-Meleon not close fine and task continue running after close it. Then when you try to run again later nothing happen because KM detects that you already have a KM task running.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2011 09:28PM by desga2.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.