Bugs :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
You can talk about issues with k-meleon here.  
save files
Posted by: Emmanuel
Date: January 03, 2002 12:27AM

Using K- meleon has been great upto now
when I discovered that when I try to save pages....itdoesn't!!!!!
which makes it a bit useless for me since I am always downloading pages to read offline....... the save box disappears instantaneously, obviously not saving anything.
Can somebody help?
Also my Norton Cleansweep never has anything to clean up when using K-Meleon
Is that a bad thing?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: save files
Posted by: po
Date: January 03, 2002 08:17AM

are you using File>Save as... from the menu to save the currently loaded page, or saving the pages by right-clicking on links to them?

Posted by: andres
Date: January 03, 2002 03:53PM

You probably won't need Norton Cleansweep to clean up K-Meleon cache, as K-M's cache is transparent. It's in your K-Meleon\Profiles directory somewhere under cache. You can clean it right from K-Meleon (Edit - Preferences - Cache) by using "Clean Memory Cache" and "Clean Disk Cache". So I like to see it as a good thing, not bad (Internet Explorer uses some hidden settings which cannot be deleted; in K-Meleon it's all honest and clear).

And K-M does generally save pages for me. Just use Save As from the File menu.

Date: January 03, 2002 08:07PM

I'm using File>save as
It appears that some files are saved and others not
not sure which type.
are they instantly downloaded or does it take time?
THANKS

Posted by: po
Date: January 03, 2002 09:59PM

when i use File>Save as... the suggested file-type/extension is usually gibberish, unless the last part of the URL happens to be a proper file extension. when i change the type to 'Web Page, HTML only' the name of the file is lost from the name field, but after fixing that, the page seems to save ok, and doesn't need to be downloaded again. sometimes, though, when saving files, they vanish (when kmeleon is exited?) (see bug #16)... this may be related?

Posted by: Arual the Wyrd
Date: January 05, 2002 03:36AM

A subject dear to my heart. I can save one (1)loaded page ala file menu, then it just pretends. Also, when it does save, the silly lizzerd wants to save it as numbermumble.tmp. It has gotten that way sort of gradually, I remember being able to save normally at first. Same thing with "view source" - I get one shot at it, then nothing but a blank notepad next time. If I close and reopen, it works again. Just once each time. If I want to collect a few pages, like some nice juicy tutorial, I have to switch to Opera. Graphics are no problem, or any other files. Is great mystery.
I don't think it gets excited, just ignores me... :].

Re: clean caches
Date: January 06, 2002 09:02PM

Thanks for the info........so I went immediately to the cache source box
and pressed the required buttons......and then what? Nothing seems to happen.
The numbers in the memory cache boxes don't go down. Nothing to signify that anything is happening. I pressed the OK button for the sourcebox, is that all I need to do? Please advise.

Re: clean caches
Posted by: Arual the Wyrd
Date: January 07, 2002 03:18PM

My latest workaround to save pages is to open each one in a new window, and off the "disposable window" when I know I got it.
Hey, I still love K-M. It's not half as cranky as my system in general...

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.