Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
reactOS
Posted by: oui
Date: January 02, 2009 10:26AM

Hi

I am trying to use K-meleon 1.5.2 in reactOS 3.7 starting in Virtualbox because the usual drivers for Windows XP for my PC don't work under reactOS and it goes really. the result is that the screenresolution is limited.

But I encontre diverse problems:

a/ The view is not really not as good as in Firefox 2. (it is the same under wine: this browser has a really to complex conception concerning arts usage taking no attention to user of new FOSS possibilities!)

b/ There is no link to download k-meleon in reactOS. I think, it is really poor...

c/ The symbolic in the edit window of this forum is difficult to understand and the same view under firefox 2.0 completely clear and good!

I am sorry: there are no good informations, I know, but it is so...

Kind regards

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: reactOS
Posted by: desga2
Date: January 02, 2009 01:47PM

A) Are you tried with k-meleon9x.exe instead k-meleon.exe?

cool smiley It isn't our problem. reacOS is a free OS and his website is for his reacOS not for download others softwares. You must talk with reacOS developers if you like to include a link to K-Meleon in reacOS website.

C) Try A. But problem is reactOS they must adapted his libraries to be compatible with standard windows applications.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Re: reactOS
Posted by: guenter
Date: January 02, 2009 02:04PM

K-Meleon is not listed at:
http://www.reactos.org/support/index.php?page=db&view=comp&sec=name&letter=all&curpos=150
AFAIK K-Meleon was running on Reactos some time ago.

Poor show of an OS that wants to be fully compatible with other Win32 OS.sad smiley

p.s. As private individual You have the possibility and choice to add some genuine MS dll.

These older Release Notes have a section about incompatible or obsolete dll.

Follow the link to MS. Download and extract the dll update for Your native language.
For You it is IMHO this version vc6redistsetup_deu.exe.
If that does not work search the relevant files in Your system. Afaik this selection: Comctl32.dll, Mfc42.dll or more likely Mfc42u.dll, Msvcirt.dll, Msvcp60.dll and Msvcrt.dll.

Place the included or searched dll into the ./K-Meleon folder and test the hybrid.

Inkompatibilität kann ich auch von MS haben - Vista kriege ich mit jedem PC aufs Auge gedrückt :mad: Ich kann und werde warten bis Reactos K-Meleon unterstützt smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2009 02:16PM by guenter.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.