Auto Copy to Clipboard
Posted by: pandaface
Date: June 10, 2008 01:33PM

I think it is convenient when you select some texts, they are automatically copied to clipboard? Can someone help implement it?

Re: Auto Copy to Clipboard
Posted by: kko
Date: June 10, 2008 02:51PM

Imagine I wanted to replace text B by text A. Normally, I would select text A, copy (or cut) it to the clipboard, then I would select text B and paste text A from the clipboard. How am I supposed to do that when each selection is automatically copied to the clipboard? grinning smiley

Posted by: desga2
Date: June 10, 2008 06:33PM

I think that it's possible, but i don't know how copy selected text automatically.

kko
Imagine I wanted to replace text B by text A. Normally, I would select text A, copy (or cut) it to the clipboard, then I would select text B and paste text A from the clipboard. How am I supposed to do that when each selection is automatically copied to the clipboard?

We can do a extension similar to Multi-clip (in CCF ME versions), this define some clipboards to save (really i think it were prefs), we can save selected text automatically in a new AutoCopy clip and we can use a different accelerator to paste this AutoCopy clip, as for example Ctrl+M.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2008 06:34PM by desga2.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: June 10, 2008 06:41PM

@ desga2

I wonder what the physical limit is for string value of a perf? We don't know what length the user might select.

Date: June 10, 2008 07:40PM

@ JamesD;

I know this and i think about this, save text in pref value isn't a good solution, i only put an example.

I'm thinking that we can created a temp text file.
In CCF ME with Lua is more easy (sorry CCF ME not save this in prefs as i posted before) this save multiclips in an array (Lua structure)
multiclip[label]
I don't know what is vars size (in characteres in strings) in macro code or if is possible created similar structures in macro code.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2008 07:44PM by desga2.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: June 10, 2008 08:34PM

@ desga2

I agree that we could overload the perf system this way. It seems all for nothing unless we can capture the mouse up event. I have not found a way to do that. If we are going to have user do keystrokes, then there is a right click menu when text selected which has cut, copy, and paste.

Standard macro language does not seem to have a way to write a file. The only output I have been able to find is to the perfs system. The exec statement is very limited on the size of the string that can be passed there. It was so limited that I had to resort to the perfs system to make FavRenAdd macro work.

Date: June 10, 2008 11:39PM

I have some ideas and i'm thinking about this.
But now i'm busy with 1.5beta2 test and spanish translation to this version.

My K-Meleon task pending list:

User Agent Extension. (Read about in 1.5beta2 thread)
K-Meleon Nauscopio update. (Old spanish K-M version)
AutoCopy Extension (This project)
Others projects in my mind.

Everyone request because is free, but few help us. sad smiley

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: pandaface
Date: June 11, 2008 12:23PM

Seems this functionality is implemented in netscape.

Posted by: spyspeed
Date: July 25, 2008 01:22AM

I'm thinking about jumping ship to K-Meleon (thanks to buggy Firefox 3), but I would sure miss this functionality (provided via the Autocopy Firefox extension). The javascript for this extension is driven by the mouse-up event.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2008 01:23AM by spyspeed.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.