Development :  K-Meleon Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Searchengine Problem
Posted by: Rapido
Date: July 16, 2007 07:08PM

Hi! I need help with this search engine: Ixquick Pictures = eu.ixquick.com/eng/pics.html/do/metasearch.pl?cmd=process_search&language=english&query=

I need to know how to get this to work because now i doesn't. I don't know what's wrong with it. Can someone help me to fix this?

Yours: Rapido

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Searchengine Problem
Posted by: Fred
Date: July 16, 2007 08:55PM

The searchstring you should use is

eu.ixquick.com/do/metasearch.pl?cat=pics&cmd=process_search&language=english&query=

for Ixquick Pictures.

Regards
Fred

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Searchengine Problem
Posted by: Rapido
Date: July 17, 2007 07:06AM

Hi! That solution don't work i've just tried it. So give me something else.

Yours: Rapido

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Searchengine Problem
Posted by: Fred
Date: July 17, 2007 03:09PM

The string should be correct, as you can see if you enter it directly
in the URL bar and add the keyword after the last =.
Try to replace for testing only the string part of an existing engine in macros.cfg
that you normally do not use often and entering a keyword in the prompt should
lead you to Ixquick pictures.
If you succeed in doing that, try to copy and adapt the other string and add it
as a new engine.
Avoid copying the samples from the wiki, because they are corrupted since the
change in the wiki structure. You will see there question marks (?) that work
like links. It cannot work, if you copy these to a macro together with the
correct text.

In macros there could be:

IxquickPictures{
&OldSearch; $search = "IxquickPictures";
$eng = "eu.ixquick.com/do/metasearch.pl?cat=pics&cmd=process_search&language=english&query=";
&SetSearch;
}

and within:

EngineSync{

setcheck("macros(IxquickPictures)", getpref(STRING, $sen) == "IxquickPictures" ? true:false);

}
In menus:

Engines{

macros(IxquickPictures)

}

Keep the long line of $eng before the semicolon ; within one line.
I hope that this will be ok.
Fred

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Searchengine Problem
Posted by: Fred
Date: July 17, 2007 03:17PM

P.S.:
If the macro structure should have been changed in the 1.1 version,
try to adapt it.
I have not yet studied this sufficiently up to now, as I still always
have to use the older versions here on Linux, because the new ones are
difficult to handle.
Fred

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Searchengine Problem
Posted by: Rapido
Date: July 17, 2007 08:24PM

It works now thanks a million times. It was http:// error but when I removed the http:// it worked just fine.

Yours: Rapido

Options: ReplyQuote


K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.