How can i install an *.XPI Plugin in K_Meleon?
Posted by: Brunner Ueli
Date: June 13, 2007 07:55PM

I want to install the currenverter, but i had no chance to do that? How's the way to do that?

Re: How can i install an *.XPI Plugin in K_Meleon?
Posted by: guenter
Date: June 14, 2007 07:28AM

Unzip (xpi is another name for what we call zip, so You will find files in folders and subfolders. The structure corresponds with k-meleon folders and subfolders; plus You will also find some rdf or js that tells the xpi where to unzip with the browser/application for which the installer was designed).

Basically: You look what is inside the xpi and put it back at the same place inside K-Meleon folder. You adapt the paths of the Chrome of the Firefox extension. Then You write a calling macro. With luck the extension is compatible.

You will find examples of unpacked xpi prepared for to be packed for k-meleon installers available on Jujuland French K-Meleon Page.

They prepared/adapted extensions have example *.kmm that call XUL items.
They have chrome items with manifests that have paths adapted for K-Meleon.
You simply use the examples.

If You find *.xpt that go to ./components You must delete compreg.dat and xpi.dat in that folder (there are only these two files with extension that in this folder) / the 2 files are regenarated with the new items listed inside.

And Firefox calls what K-Meleon knows as ./default/pref folder differntly namely ./defaults/preferences (that is just if You find the subfolder and wonder where it is).

BTW. what does the extension do and what is the url.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2007 07:30AM by guenter.

Posted by: D555
Date: July 25, 2007 05:04AM

There aren't supporting singles folders for each extensions ... Am I right ?
Does it must be integrated in profile or KM folder ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2007 05:30AM by D555.

Posted by: guenter
Date: July 25, 2007 01:31PM

1.) right / and writing path to profile chrome (and other folder) is hard (by hand smiling smiley and I have not tested it with current chrome.dll.

2.) So we best place it into K-Meleon main (chrome) folder.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2007 01:33PM by guenter.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.