Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
[Theme] Tango 1.0
Posted by: syrek
Date: January 22, 2007 06:52PM

I've been working on a tango theme, with 16x16 incons.

I'm not a programmer, so I used other theme's as my editing base (many thnx for that) I hope you people like my efforts.

I don't like backgrounds, so there is no background.bmp

Questions, suggestions, etc. write them here and I will comment on them.

as you can see on the screenshot, it's beautiful with the HmmXP theme winking smiley

you can download it here: Tango Theme

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: [Theme] Tango 1.0
Posted by: r-meleon
Date: January 23, 2007 03:52PM

this is good.

Date: February 01, 2007 03:16PM

I've updated my [url=http://www2.hku.nl/~kris2/Programs/k-meleon/tango 1.5.rar]tango theme[/url], with 16x16 incons.

I've learned a little about making theme's for k-meleon and now discovered some tools (next to photoshop), which made my work a lot easier smiling smiley

I still don't like backgrounds, so there is still no background.bmp

Questions, suggestions, etc. write them here and I will comment on them.

[img]http://www2.hku.nl/~kris2/Programs/k-meleon/tango 1.5.png[/img][sup]
as you can see on the screenshot, it's beautiful with the HmmXP theme winking smiley[/sup]

you can download it here: [url=http://www2.hku.nl/~kris2/Programs/k-meleon/tango 1.5.rar]Tango Theme[/url]

[i]changelog:[/i]
- changed toolbars to 16px high
- split the main toolbar in 3 toolbars
- added bookmarks icon and search icon
- cleaned up some icons
- changed dead icons
- tested on the 1.1 beta

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2007 03:17PM by syrek.

Posted by: sliderule
Date: February 01, 2007 04:15PM

Syrek:

Have you considered adding your skin 'Tango' to the K-Meleon Wiki page . . . so . . . others can easily see / download it ? ? ?

The page is at: http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/SkinsAndThrobbers#skins and at the bottom . . . is the option to "Edit this page".

Thanks for your efforts.

Sliderule

Posted by: Dekan
Date: February 02, 2007 08:00AM

Very nice skin, but the toolbar buttons are missing some of the functions. E.g. if you compare toolbars.cfg in Phoenity and Tango, you can see that options are available by right-clicking on the buttons in Phoenity which I can't access in Tango. Obviously users can edit toolbars.cfg themselves, but if you're willing to make the changes it would be more convenient.

Posted by: desga2
Date: February 14, 2007 08:40PM

Good work, thanks. If need help, with add mouse rigth button function, for example, or add your theme to official K-Meleon Themes page, tell me.

Questions about Tango theme;
File history.bmp not is a history file is equal to bookmarks.bmp, favorites.bmp, and hostlist.bmp. If this three files are equal, why three? With a one generic file as bookmarks.bmp, for example, is sufficient.
The real history file is histobook.bmp. I think that you must rename this file as history.bmp.

Where are print button in new 1.5 version?
You lose this button from version 1.

You could add a optional background, named file as background_op.bmp.

You must continue working with this theme and more others.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2007 08:40PM by desga2.

Date: February 16, 2007 04:13PM

Dekan
Very nice skin, but the toolbar buttons are missing some of the functions. E.g. if you compare toolbars.cfg in Phoenity and Tango, you can see that options are available by right-clicking on the buttons in Phoenity which I can't access in Tango. Obviously users can edit toolbars.cfg themselves, but if you're willing to make the changes it would be more convenient.

@Dekan
I'm willing to make changes, but I don't understand about which functionality you are talking. I just copied the *.cfg from other theme's but I will look into it.

desga2
Good work, thanks. If need help, with add mouse rigth button function, for example, or add your theme to official K-Meleon Themes page, tell me.

Questions about Tango theme;
File history.bmp not is a history file is equal to bookmarks.bmp, favorites.bmp, and hostlist.bmp. If this three files are equal, why three? With a one generic file as bookmarks.bmp, for example, is sufficient.
The real history file is histobook.bmp. I think that you must rename this file as history.bmp.

Where are print button in new 1.5 version?
You lose this button from version 1.

You could add a optional background, named file as background_op.bmp.

You must continue working with this theme and more others.

@desga
1. Go ahead and add it to the themes page, I don't feel like making another account for it. For the toolbar.cfg you are also welcome to make the changes, but I will look into it myself also, shouldn't be harder then copy-paste winking smiley

2. As for the same Icons, I just replaced Icons in an other theme so I replaced those with the same icon. I will replace them with a suitable icon when I find one.

3. Histobook is the toolbar bmp for showing the history and the bookmark icons.

4. I just didn't find a suitable place for the print icon, any suggestions on that point are welcome

5. You are free to add your own background.bmp to tango, just dump it in the directory and it should work. But I would like the keep the tango theme free of backgrounds, because I believe the window-theming should be done on Operating System level (by windows).

6. I will continue to work on theme's, but I'm switching from a school life to a work life. And I don't know where all my time went to?

Posted by: desga2
Date: February 21, 2007 08:35PM

I make a litle modifications on your theme Tango 1.5, i named Tango 1.5+.

Link to preview image.

Modifications incorporates to Tango 1.5+ (desga2 version):

- Added a modern backgroung. (recommended disk size < 15 KB, you can disable it in Edit -> Preferences dialog)
- Changed throbber (recommended size 28wx21h and disk size < 50 Kcool smiley.
- Added (or repair) context menu right-click mouse button options.
(You must keep original button names, descriptions and macro conexions for extended options and translations be showed good)
- Bookmarks, Favorites and Hotlist icons corrected.
- Print button recovered.
- Changed History icon. (now equal to history button)

You can learn more about K-Meleon themes studing default K-M theme Phoenity.

Download: Tango 1.5+

Thanks to;

- Original Backgroung by;
Modern theme for K-Meleon, partial conversion from Mozilla
Sven Vahar <sven@apollos.ttu.ee>

- Original Throbber by;
Storm by Oops66

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2007 08:37PM by desga2.

Posted by: guenter
Date: March 01, 2007 01:46PM

Great job You 2 - greetings to beautiful NL and ES.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.