KM 1.0.2 needs updated macros
Posted by: ndebord
Date: November 20, 2006 05:05PM

A couple points. I notice that the Search K-Meleon macro that I have no longer works with the new forum software. In the same vein, I can't seem to get Wackget to work as the macro information refers to sections in menus.cfg that no longer exist.

Are there other similar macros that also need to be updated past KM 0.9 to work with KM 1.0xx?

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2006 05:06PM by ndebord.

Re: KM 1.0.2 needs updated macros
Posted by: Anonymous User
Date: November 20, 2006 05:16PM

The right click --> open target with --> IE also needed a fix to work in IE7, but this was fixed last week by KKO and the next version will have this issue fixed.

Posted by: kko
Date: November 20, 2006 06:40PM

Thanks for the report, ndebord. I'll update the forum search for the next release.
You can update it in \defaults\pref\I10n.js. The new URL is: http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/search.php?0,page=1,match_type=ALL,match_dates=30,match_forum=ALL,search=

As far as the macro library is concerned, that's the particular authors' job...

Doesn't make much sense to update those macros for 1.0x, IMO. We will have again major changes in 1.1. (Probably the last for a while.)

Date: November 21, 2006 02:17AM

kko,

Yes, no reason to fix it in KM 1.0.2, but I mention it so the KM search macro in 1.1 will be correct out of the box. As for Wackget, or any other of the download maangers, I believe it is just a matter of finding out exactly where in the menus.cfg file the information needs to be put now, as it is definitely different than before.

N

Date: November 21, 2006 02:19AM

Enaitz,

Now that you mention it, you're right. The IE thing is broken also. Would never have noticed it myself, as I avoid IE like the plague except for Windows Update.

<wry grin>

N

Posted by: Peabody
Date: November 21, 2006 05:50AM

The right click --> open target with --> IE also needed a fix to work in IE7, but this was fixed last week by KKO and the next version will have this issue fixed.

Along the same idea, can this macro be improved to include other browsers?

I notice that K-M provides at least two places where user lists can be expanded: 1) user-agents and 2) proxies. So why not expand that same idea to opening web pages in other browsers? My reason is not because a handful of web developers are dogmatic and design pages that work only with IE, but that in web development having quick access to other browsers is just plain handy. This is true even for end-users who simply want to test a troublesome page in other browsers to see if their favorite browsers is the culprit.

I am ready to provide testing of any such improvements.

Posted by: guenter
Date: November 21, 2006 08:13AM

AFAIK alain has finished/added macros that open with Opera & FFox.
Just Trident, Presto and Gecko are common on win32 / http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_layout_engines.

Posted by: kko
Date: November 21, 2006 11:54AM

Peabody
I notice that K-M provides at least two places where user lists can be expanded: 1) user-agents and 2) proxies. So why not expand that same idea to opening web pages in other browsers? My reason is not because a handful of web developers are dogmatic and design pages that work only with IE, but that in web development having quick access to other browsers is just plain handy. This is true even for end-users who simply want to test a troublesome page in other browsers to see if their favorite browsers is the culprit.
You're right, the user agent and proxy macros can be modified to support more entries. In 1.1, you can simply add new preferences to extend the user agent list. The IE macro is an example to demonstrate how external applications (or web services) can be embedded. With the modular macros in 1.1 it will be easier to add new applications...

Posted by: Peabody
Date: November 22, 2006 03:18AM

With the modular macros in 1.1 it will be easier to add new applications...

Good!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.