Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: lua macro plugin 0.3.2-
Date: November 12, 2006 11:01PM

I forgot to mention that you should save the sample code as sample.lua

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mark307
Date: November 18, 2006 07:58AM

Sorry for late reply.

I see IUP is so good. But "iuplua51.exe" is too big to be included with a plugin. I want to keep it optional even if it can be use with the plugin. So I'm looking for how to build IUP as lua addon.

Thanks.

Date: November 22, 2006 06:24AM

Awesome. I really like IUP and the ease it can do things. Easy GUIs are great for developing ideas that can be later implemented as a full-fledged plugin. What's even more exciting is that IUP is in constant development. I've been talking to the head honcho over there and things like grid layouts (similar to html tables) will be released in January in the form of IUP beta 3.

Posted by: Hao Jiang
Date: December 14, 2006 09:58PM

@Mark307,

The link :

http://rapidshare.de/files/36058658/luamacro-0.3.3.zip.html

is not working now. Please update it. Thanks.

Hao

Date: December 16, 2006 02:33PM

@Hao
Sure. I saw kmplus was deleted too.
luamacro-0.3.4.zip
kmplus-0.0.5.zip
Because some scripts are updated, these versions are also incremented. But dlls are same as before.

@simpleinventor
I still can't build IUP. I got error from tecmake. If you have any idea, please tell me.

I found another library vclua. It is based on Delphi and VCL. However I don't know what does happen when mix MFC and VCL.

Thank you.

Date: December 16, 2006 10:02PM

Hi Hao, can you expand upon what you did to try and compile? I would highly suggest talking to Antonio Scuri, the main developer. He answered me multiple times within a day. His email can be found all over the site, like Here. My question is why do you need to rebuild the file? Can't one of the dll's be used? I think I don't know enough about the plugin system to fully understand your concern.

Date: December 18, 2006 02:02PM

@simpleinventor
May I answer?
Because luamacros is linked lua statically. I just want to keep consistent. And tuning IUP to k-meleon may be needed.

BTW: I have worked with pre-builded binary, I found a recipe to use iup with k-meleon.
1. Get iup binaries "iup2_5_Win32_dll.tar.gz" and lua binaries "lua5_1_1_Win32_bin.zip" from luaforge, and unpack them.
2. Copy all dlls except "iuplua51.dll" in these archive to k-meleon's folder. Copy "iuplua51.dll" to your lua path (profile).
3. Eval 'require "iuplua51"; dofile("sample.lua")' from K-Meleon.

Uninstall recipe is just remove all iup*.dll and lua5.1.dll in K-Meleon's folder.

Because some reason (dll, mainloop, thread) this recipe will have trouble. For example, luamacros expects dialogs are modal, because luamacros is based on single thread model.

Thank you.

Date: February 20, 2007 03:56PM

@Mark307,

Would you please add one more function in the luamacro plugin? To give every tab an 'id' number, so it could be easily recognized. In K-Meleon tab versions, every tab have a pointer associated with it, so I think this could be done in luamacros plugin. Thank you.

Hao

Date: February 22, 2007 02:09PM

I will help you with pleasure. But I don't know tab api. Would you tell me about it?
Thank you.

Date: February 24, 2007 02:35PM

@mark307,

I 'm not very familiar with all the codes in tab version. Dorian told me "the lparam for WM_SWITCHTAB, WM _CREATETAB, WM_CLOSETAB is a pointer to a tab" as the hint. And I hope it could help you figure it out. Thank you.

Hao

Date: February 26, 2007 02:03PM

Thank you. My plans with the hint are

- add new "tab" argument to On~Tab Callbacks
- add SendMessage function that is just wrapper of Win32API.

Do you have comments? Is it OK?
Thanks.

Date: February 27, 2007 04:49PM

@mark307,
Should be fine as long as the new luamacros plugin can record the position of tabs corretcly. The basid idea to use this function is to write a session lua macros so when K-Meleon crashes, it's able to recover the whole session.

Regards,

Hao

Date: March 02, 2007 01:28PM

I did my plan with CCF0.05.6.5. The result was disappointing, your hope will not be met in my plan.

- The plugin can't get tab position.
- When last tab is closed, then blank tab is created, but OnCreateTab function isn't called.
So in this case the plugin can't detect a tab.
- The plugin can't switch tab with message WM_SWITCHTAB. I misunderstood about it.

I need more hint. Maybe we need more API.
thank you.

Date: March 02, 2007 04:47PM

@ mark307,
I have no clue right now for this. Well, if the plugin can get the tab ID when On_switchtab, it should be OK for now. The APIs for tab exe is currently limited and we probably need to wait until Dorian release a new one. (I have the latest source code, and if you want to modify it to put more api, it would be very welcome.) We can try to make part of this function work and try to fix the bug afterwards. How about that? Thanks.

Hao

Date: March 06, 2007 02:24PM

The source code of tabbed k-meleon is very interesting. I hope the source code to be opened to the public.
I'll wait for the progress of tabbed version. Probably I can only advise or report issuees, because I don't have well experience of C++ and knowledge of gecko. (I have learned gecko for saving page function since last year, but I don't get it yet. orz)
Thank you.

Date: March 07, 2007 05:28PM

@mark307,
If you can provide me an email address, I can send the tab sources directly to you. Thanks.

Hao

Date: March 12, 2007 02:28PM

@Hao
Thank you for your kindness.

I have other problem. My k-meleon (1.02) has broken since updated with seamonkey. (I'm using old one.)

When luamacros.dll is loadded, windows shows blue. A null dummy dll named "luamacros.dll" can't be loaded too, it's very strange. If the plugin is builded as "luamacro.dll", it's fine. The combination of 1.1a2 and "luamacros.dll" is also fine. I can't tell why.

Well, I have thought to change the filename. The candidate is "luamacro.dll". Do you have an idea?
Thank you.

Date: March 12, 2007 09:37PM

@mark307,

luamacro.dll sounds good to me.

Regards,

Hao

Date: March 27, 2007 06:03PM

@mark307,
The kmplus 0.05.zip is not available now. Can you upload it again? Or I can host it for you. Thanks.

Date: March 29, 2007 02:24PM

I posted. Sorry I couldn't find good non-Japanese file hosting service. Please push the second button to download.
kmplus-0.0.5.zip
And you may host my plugins/addon freely.

K-meleon 1.1 beta can load luamacros.dll (but it can't find macros.lua in profile, because API is changed). This crash probably occures only on unofficial GRE updated.

Additional jobs for renaming is only replacing "luamacros" to "luamacro" in some files. So the next release will be renamed in any case.

The next release will be 0.4 with 1.1 new API. It will be released after when 1.1 will be released.

Thanks.

Date: March 30, 2007 05:12PM

@mark307,

That would be great. And according to Dorian, a new 1.1 tab exe will be out in the future after the release of 1.1. And I will update the K-MeleonCCF version according to that with the new luamacro plugin. Thank you for your work. And I will be very proud to host this plugin for everbody to download. I will post the download link later.

Regards,

Hao

Date: May 01, 2007 04:39PM

Hi, Mark307,

The 1.1 RC is out already. According Dorian, if you would like to update lua macros plugin, you could do it now by getting the latest kmeleon_plugin.h from CVS. Thanks.

Regards,

Hao

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2007 05:10PM by Hao Jiang.

Date: May 05, 2007 02:16PM

I finished to work with 1.1, maybe.
Luamacro 4.0 beta will be appeared in next week.

Thanks.

Date: May 06, 2007 04:31AM

Great news! Thanks for your brilliant work on lua macros.

Date: May 11, 2007 01:59PM

luamacro 4.0 beta for 1.1

* Change: Plugin name is renamed from luamacros to luamacro.
* Change: Lua 5.1.2
* Change: Rename RegisterCommand to GetFID.
* Add: 1.1 new API.
GetFolder, SetAccel, SetMenu, RebuildMenu, GetWindowVar, SetWindowVar
GetMozillaSessionHistory, SetMozillaSessionHistory
* Add: Addtional argument on OnCloseTab, OnCreateTab, OnSwitchTab,
it means tab ID.
* Add: SendMessage
* Add: example; setmenu.lua (almost compatible with kmplus version)
inject_script.lua

Notice: ToggleSideBar function makes crush with 1.1.

Thanks.

Date: May 11, 2007 08:31PM

Great news. I 'm gonna check it right now. Thanks.

Date: May 12, 2007 07:22AM

Looks like the new lua macro plugin can't work with the old tab exe right now so probably I have to wait for Dorian for an updated exe right now.

Date: May 13, 2007 02:11PM

Hi, Hao,
The package what I posted is only for 1.1.

luamacro 0.4.0 beta for 1.0

Thanks.

Date: May 13, 2007 06:21PM

Thanks. Great to know there 's one for 1.0

BTW, there will be a new tab exe which might be called K-Meleon 1.5 alpha out very soon...

Posted by: D555
Date: June 17, 2008 07:24AM

mark307
I'd like to suggest an Extensions System based on lua !
It seems to me - lua+js would be the great extensions system for KMeleonCCF!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.