Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
SVG on K-Meleon
Posted by: _
Date: February 07, 2005 05:20PM

How feasible would it be for the next version of K-Meleon to have scalable vector graphics enabled, and would it add much to the download size?

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/svg/

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SVG on K-Meleon
Posted by: _
Date: February 07, 2005 05:38PM

sorry, this should've been in the Improvement Requests forum

Posted by: ra
Date: February 07, 2005 09:55PM

The last time I tried Mozilla's SVG support I noticed several problems and it felt buggy in general (well, that was over a year ago <g>, but here's a short quote from the current project status: "What exists now in the tree should be treated as a technology preview." ). I'm still using Adobe's SVG 6 Beta Plugin. Works great.

Posted by: tom
Date: August 16, 2005 11:22PM

i know how you feel ;-)
at first it was... awful
then i had another look a few months ago, to see that they now had supported firefox as well as mozilla, and it looked like some activity had taken place
at that point, not being able to get even adobe 6 plugin to work, i moved over [shock] back to firefox from K-Meleon as my main browser... however still prefering K-Meleon, only i have a need for SVG for my browser - and, even though the SVG implementation isn't completed yet i continued down the 1.0+ builds of firefox, and now Deer Park Alpha 1+2
with DPA2 came a few newer changes => more implementation of non-standard scripts, and a few things like that

unfortunately i don't have the ability to build my own build of K-Meleon, and last time i checked here and searched i remember seeing that one of the developers had said that he had made one from the mozilla SVG project code... are any K-Meleon builds running on a SVG enabled GRE availible publically?

if someone has one, i would like a copy smiling smiley
get in touch @
tgdalphabravo _ at _ gmail _ dot _ com

Posted by: rmn
Date: August 17, 2005 03:29AM

Perhaps you can use the Gecko engine files from the SVG-enabled Mozilla, http://www.mozilla.org/projects/svg/build.html (I haven't tested; try at your own risk).

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.