Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
K-M RC1 - No layer open when browser starts.
Posted by: logiman
Date: January 04, 2005 01:36AM

I noticed that the latest beta RC1 has various options for layers, but there should be an option to not automatically open layers when browser starts, because when you have the options "Always Open in a new Layer" and "Layers Only" you end up not using the current blank layer that K-Meleon automatically open when you start it. Not really a bug I thought, but something the developers might have missed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-M RC1 - No layer open when browser starts.
Posted by: jsnj
Date: January 04, 2005 02:33AM

By default just like v0.8.2, KM starts with both Layers & Windows available. 'Layers Only' mode doesn't prevent you from using the current layer. That mode simply catches new windows and turns them into layers. It has nothing to do with URL Bar text entries or using the current layer/window.

By default 'Always Open in Current' is the choice for URL Bar text. You can keep it on that setting and only open new layers for URL Bar text by using Alt+/, or Alt+', or Ctrl+Alt+N instead of the ENTER key.

What I think you may be requesting is for the 'Always Open in New Layer/Window' URL Bar text option to not open in a new layer/window if the current layer is blank. That option is not available right now.

Options: ReplyQuote

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.