Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Switching profiles from within K-M?
Posted by: ra
Date: December 16, 2004 06:09PM

IIRC switching profiles from within K-M was possible in a past version, wasn't it?

I just created a new profile to check s.th. out and the only way to switch to the other profile seems to be to enable the prompt on K-M startup. That's a bit inconvinient

Could a switch be added to the menus, that allows the following:

- Choose profile x
- Shut down K-M (display warning)
- Start K-M with chosen profile x

Profile x should probably be used for further starts until the profile is switched again.

Would that be do-able with an easy addition to the menus?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Switching profiles from within K-M?
Posted by: jsnj
Date: December 16, 2004 08:45PM

IIRC switching profiles from within K-M was possible in a past version, wasn't it?

Not v0.8.2. I don't have previous versions prior to that to test.

Would that be do-able with an easy addition to the menus?

No way I know of through macros. Creating a menu entry seems complicated since menus aren't automatically updated unless they are plugin menus like bookmarks. So, the user would have to manually place any new profile in menus.cfg upon creation. That's assuming there's a pref that can be referenced and I'm not sure there is. I'm surprised KM doesn't do it the same way mfcembed does it which asks you if you wanna switch to the new profile immediately upon creation. And also whenever a user double-clicks on a profile within the 'Manage Profiles' modal window, mfcembed asks if you wanna switch to it now. That seems the best and least complicated way.

Options: ReplyQuote

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.