Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: announcement of new unofficial version
Posted by: Al.
Date: October 10, 2004 01:01AM

Actually, I like Jan's version of it in his boxed classic where small icons are next to small text. A matching checkmark when enabled and X when blocked may be simple enough to implement for most themes. What do you think?

I sort of did something similar with Early Blue and a couple of other themes (with the Bonus Packs) where there is a red x or similar in place (in the toolhot.bmp) when the mouse passed over the icon. The only icon that could show it always however when "depressed" was the "Block Popups" button though, the other buttons didn't stay "depressed" for some perculiar reason, however the mouse-over state was still there. Has that situation changed with the new build I wonder.

Providing the icons are there in the first instance, then all the theme/skin maker has to do is provide a new icon for toolhot (x and/or checkmark) like you say. To me it is a simple enough change to make with short notice so yeah it's a idea at least.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: October 10, 2004 01:18AM

You can use it if you want ;-))

I just uploaded the last version: http://hch.uwnet.nl/k-meleon/tmp/boxed_classic.exe

Jan.

It's not a bad variation on the default IE style skin Jan, but it would be better with an optional larger size toolbar. No offense, you've done some good work there but the small size icons had me squinting just a little to make out the icon. With the Phoenity theme, the good part about it is that Chee Aun has a small and large toolbar image set which means that you can opt for larger icons if needed. Downside is it'd be a bit more work on your behalf.

Apart from that I would say that the boxed_classic theme would be a suitable replacement for the tatty old IE5er. Question is has Andrew seen it yet? His judgement on these things is always pretty good so maybe he could have a look and tell whether it's good for inclusion.

Posted by: jsnj
Date: October 10, 2004 03:28AM

Has that situation changed with the new build I wonder.

Make sure that the name of the toolbar where the button is located is the same in toolbars.cfg as it is in macros.cfg. In 0.8.2, check the buttonSync macro.

Date: October 10, 2004 06:55AM

Make sure that the name of the toolbar where the button is located is the same in toolbars.cfg as it is in macros.cfg. In 0.8.2, check the buttonSync macro.

Ah that's what it is. Much appreciated.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: October 10, 2004 05:17PM

jsnj

It's good to hear that privacy.dll is included in the new official release and equally good to hear that Flash, Javascript and Java buttons are there too. I assume you'll be able to drag them from the privacy bar onto the main navigation toolbar if you so desire as you can with earlier releases in some themes, like Early blue, of course!

Anyhow, this is all very good news indeed

:-)

N

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.