Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
new icon for K-Meleon browser.
Posted by: logiman
Date: May 19, 2004 11:45PM

For the next K-Meleon version. I think you should change the icon and replace it with the lizard that we see here everyday. Maybe make his tongue slither when browsing. I just think it would be more cool since the current one reminds me of the Champ monster from Lake Champlain.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: new icon for K-Meleon browser.
Posted by: Aron
Date: June 17, 2004 10:08AM

no! the current one is wonderful. it is one of the more aesthetically pleasing aspects of the program. it's an excellent icon. no, no, no.

Posted by: guenter
Date: June 17, 2004 01:00PM

yes, i want the blue frog from romanitos page smoking or dancing or catching a fly!
I want a distinct cute logo not the same ugly as all other dragon children, yes yes.

Posted by: Fulvio
Date: June 21, 2004 07:28PM

The present is cute enough. I have some number of Wallpaper of old Castles, and km is there on guard!.It is a keeper..
I always change that hideous Mozilla beast. But, I would not mind one which moves about!

Posted by: Al.
Date: June 21, 2004 10:10PM

Hey don't diss on the old Mozilla beastie, he has a certain charm about him.

Date: June 22, 2004 05:09AM

no way cute enough! grumbel.
rather tell me which program gets background of icon totally transparent.
and which progi makes good throbbers from gifs : o D

Posted by: rmn
Date: June 23, 2004 11:23AM

Hey, this reminds me of something. K-Meleon's icon, IIRC, comes from a Mozilla dll file, but I can't find it (the dll) anymore. Has it been changed or what?

Date: June 24, 2004 05:59AM

hi rmn - when was it taken out - i have several old mozis on hdd. geets

Posted by: rmn
Date: June 25, 2004 10:57AM

I'm not sure at all. I think I've seen it in a Moz dll, but I don't remember where (which version, etc.).

Date: June 25, 2004 03:18PM

hi rmn,
pooh that is not good, if You knew aproximately i could try - but
did You have a look to googled pages already e. g. here
http://dan.drydog.com/xicons/
best WE & regards to You

Posted by: Eyes-Only
Date: June 26, 2004 12:02AM

I'm just surprised that Guenter hasn't mentioned (so I guess it's up to ME) the fantastic and fabulous KM throbber that HE'S made! It has the Chameleon with an entirely NEW look, all dressed up in a tux with a red bowtie and a bowler cap and as pages are loading he tips his hat in a kind of polite, "How do you do?" fashion! It is a real sight to see I'm telling you! If I ever put anything out you can bet your money it'll be in my next theme, or whatever!

And the matching main.ico has a great transparent background (either that or it matches the colour of my topbar?) and he's raising the bowler, up there in the upper-left. I love it so much I've made it my Quick Launch icon on Aston and anywhere else KM appears---next will come my HTML files. It's just that I've been too busy to take a moment to switch them over in File Types.

The man's in a true genius with this design and I've tried to convince him to place this up on the throbber page for one and all to use. He thinks it's not "refined enough" or something like that. But the people, I believe, would clamour for this to be our logo for 0.9 I can feel it in my bones. He's Classy!

Okie Guenter! I've spilt the beans before one and all to read now! And now they've read about your marvelous throbber. winking smiley

À bientôt,

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"

Date: June 26, 2004 10:32AM

I have given it as a gift to You (& 1.8 theme project) in case You wanted a unique design. It has been made for k-m. It is far from good. I do not know to work with wiki.

The chief merrit is that it is unique & that we own the design
& that we have the master files.
(master file? where background is still transparent for easy theme skin adapting / we do not have that for the current k-m throbber) greeting from Hannover

Date: June 28, 2004 04:39AM

with old green throbber - by now I also finished clearing a background making it transparent. In case anyone wants to use it for making custom back.bmp behind throbber - which i think locks better. just write me a mail or something becuase i am too daaft to work wiki pages. regards

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.