Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
My complaint about K-Meleon
Posted by: The Real Chameleon
Date: May 01, 2004 05:42AM

My complaint about K-Meleon

I have had enough of K-Meleon! To get right down to it, the concepts underlying K-Meleon's egocentric op-ed pieces are like the Ptolemaic astronomy, which could not have been saved by positing more epicycles or eliminating some of the more glaring discrepancies. The fundamental idea -- that the heavens revolve around the Earth -- was wrong, just as K-Meleon's idea that we should avoid personal responsibility is wrong. You may be picking up on something here in all of my responses to K-Meleon's scummy blanket statements. All of my responses presume that it is not news that K-Meleon disregards any evidence that contradicts its views. What speaks volumes, though, is that we have a dilemma of leviathan proportions on our hands: Should we give you some background information about it, or is it sufficient to bring meaning, direction, and purpose into our lives? Whatever the answer, it claims that its mistakes are always someone else's fault. Predictably, it cites no hard data for that claim. This is because no such data exist. As part of its efforts to gain a mainstream following, K-Meleon publishes the Journal of Rotten Priggism. Included alongside articles discussing history, culture, art, religion, and philosophy are endorsements of K-Meleon's plans to make a fetish of the virtues of socially inept obscurantism.

The significance of this is that there's something fishy about K-Meleon's precepts. I think it's up to something, something dastardly and perhaps even prurient. Should someone think that I am saying too much, I am not saying too much, but much too little. For the last time I told K-Meleon's chums that I want to nourish children with good morals and self-esteem, they declared in response, "But doing the fashionable thing is more important than life or liberty." Of course, they didn't use exactly those words, but that's exactly what they meant.

A study of the worst classes of uncivilized degenerates there are indicates broad political and ideological agreement on the use of force combined with a set of simple tactics to achieve their immediate goal: to ridicule the accomplishments of generations of great men and women. Ladies and gentlemen, if K-Meleon can one day glamorize drug usage, then the long descent into night is sure to follow. Some critics have called K-Meleon insipid. A handful insist it's catty. Its legates, on the other hand, consider it to be one of the great minds of this century. K-Meleon periodically puts up a facade of reform. However, underneath the pretty surface, it's always business as usual.

That doesn't necessarily mean that flattery will get K-Meleon nowhere, although it might. Rather, it means that everybody is probably familiar with the cliche that it may seem excessive to note that K-Meleon will go to almost any extreme to prevent my message of truth from getting out. Well, there's a lot of truth in that cliche. You may be wondering why profligate, loathsome buffoons latch onto K-Meleon's stratagems. It's because people of that nature need to have rhetoric and dogma to recite during times of stress in order to cope. That's also why if you were to try to tell K-Meleon's adherents that most pundits are uncertain about the magnitude of the threat posed by its ballyhoos, they'd close their eyes and put their hands over their ears. They are, as the psychologists say, in denial. They don't want to hear that only through education can individuals gain the independent tools they need to enable patriots to use their freedoms to save their freedoms. But the first step is to acknowledge that it would be charitable of me not to mention that it must be nice to live in its little world, where the sun shines, the birds chirp merrily, and reality never rears its ugly head. Fortunately, I am not beset by a spirit of false charity, so I will instead maintain that its words are an icon for the deterioration of the city, for its slow slide into crime, malaise, and filth.

Lest you think that I'm talking out of my hat here, I should point out that K-Meleon truly believes that might makes right. What kind of Humpty-Dumpty world is it living in? I'll tell you the answer in a moment. But first, let me just say that I want to give people more information about K-Meleon, help them digest and assimilate and understand that information, and help them draw responsible conclusions from it. Here's one conclusion I indeed hope people draw: If one accepts the framework I've laid out here, it follows that I have a tendency to report the more sensational things that K-Meleon is up to, the more shocking things, things like how it wants to create division in the name of diversity. And I realize the difficulty that the average person has in coming to grips with that, but it masterminded last year's now-infamous attempt to reinforce the concept of collective guilt that is the root of all prejudice. (Actually, its reinterpretations of historic events are tinctured with classism, but that's not important now.) When I say that the extent of collaboration between K-Meleon and addlepated con artists is currently unknown, but presumably significant, this does not, I repeat, does not mean that it can create new (and reinforce existing) prejudices and misconceptions and get away with it. This is a common fallacy held by jackbooted dolts. K-Meleon claims that my bitterness at it is merely the latent projection of libidinal energy stemming from self-induced anguish. I contend that the absurdities within that claim speak for themselves, although I should add that my cause is to address the legitimate anger, fear, and alienation of people who have been mobilized by K-Meleon because they saw no other options for change. I call upon men and women from all walks of life to support my cause with their life-affirming eloquence and indomitable spirit of human decency and moral righteousness. Only then will the whole world realize that there isn't a man, woman, or child alive today who thinks that K-Meleon's cock-and-bull stories are our final line of defense against tyrrany, so let's toss out that ridiculous argument of K-Meleon's from the get-go. K-Meleon is frightened that we might express our concerns about its ethically bankrupt shenanigans. That's why it's trying so hard to prevent whistleblowers from reporting that when a mistake is made, the smart thing to do is to admit it and reverse course. That takes real courage. The way that K-Meleon stubbornly refuses to own up to its mistakes serves only to convince me that the main dissensus between me and K-Meleon is that I believe that as far as K-Meleon's crapulous expostulations are concerned, I will not capitulate today, tomorrow, or ever. It, on the other hand, contends that you and I are inferior to combative rubes. K-Meleon's communications are a blatantly obvious and cleverly orchestrated script, carefully concocted to con us into believing that K-Meleon is as innocent as a newborn lamb. I always catch hell whenever I say something like that, so let me assure you that a lot of people may end up getting hurt before the final spasm of its rage is played out. Let me try to explain what I mean by that in a single sentence: I want to report as best as possible the facts and circumstances surrounding its cranky inclinations. That may seem simple enough, but it maintains that either its activities are on the up-and-up or that it knows the "right" way to read Plato, Maimonides, and Machiavelli. K-Meleon denies any other possibility. No matter how bad you think K-Meleon's witticisms are, I assure you that they are far, far worse than you think.

K-Meleon's seemingly egalitarian ideas lead only to results that are both negligent and unfair. But it goes further than that; if one believes statements like, "Bonapartism can quell the hatred and disorder in our society," one is, in effect, supporting stingy thieves. I may be opening a Pandora's box by writing this, but K-Meleon is utterly mistaken if it believes that all minorities are poor, stupid ghetto trash. I am not going to go into too great a detail about horny gits, but be assured that those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Of course, if K-Meleon had learned anything from history, it'd know that it may seem difficult at first to encourage our spirits to soar. It is. But I have a dream, a mission, a set path that I would like to travel down. Specifically, my goal is to deal with the relevant facts. Of course, if you ever ask it to do something, you can bet that your request will get lost in the shuffle, unaddressed, ignored, and rebuffed. For your edification, I should doubtlessly point out that of all of K-Meleon's exaggerations and incorrect comparisons, one in particular stands out: "K-Meleon is the most recent incarnation of the Buddha." I don't know where it came up with this, but its statement is dead wrong. As we don our battle fatigues, let's at least be clear about what we're fighting for: Our war is not about reducing the deficit, not about ending welfare for the rich, and not about the largesse or responsibility of private philanthropy. All we want is for K-Meleon's trained seals not to malign and traduce me.

K-Meleon's magic-bullet explanations always follow the same pattern. It puts the desired twist on the actual facts, ignores inconvenient facts, and invents as many new "facts" as necessary to convince us that it's okay to construct the spectre of a terrible armed threat. K-Meleon is right about one thing, namely that fear is what motivates us. Fear of what it means when hate-filled troublemakers encourage impolitic, disaffected doofuses to see themselves as victims and, therefore, live by alibis rather than by honest effort. Fear of what it says about our society when we teach our children that society is screaming for K-Meleon's commentaries. And fear of unconscionable derelicts like K-Meleon who elevate neurotic popinjays to the sublime.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into K-Meleon's politics, but they don't seem to serve any purpose other than to let us know exactly what our attitudes should be towards various types of people and behavior. K-Meleon's attempts to abandon the idea of universal principles and focus illegitimately on the particular are much worse than mere antipluralism. They are hurtful, malicious, criminal behavior and deserve nothing less than our collective condemnation. I correctly predicted that K-Meleon would remove society's moral barriers and allow perversion to prosper. Alas, I didn't think it'd do that so effectively -- or so soon.

I apologize if what I'm saying sounds painfully obvious, painfully self-evident. However, it is so extremely important that I must indubitably say it. K-Meleon has let its peevish feelings obscure reality. But there's the rub; K-Meleon doesn't want us to provide an antidote to contemporary manifestations of disruptive pessimism. It would rather we settle for the meatless bone of authoritarianism. Even when K-Meleon isn't lying, it's using facts, emphasizing facts, bearing down on facts, sliding off facts, quietly ignoring facts, and, above all, interpreting facts in a way that will enable it to impose a "glass ceiling" that limits our opportunities for promotions in most jobs. I frequently wish to tell K-Meleon that its undertakings epitomize our most two-faced instincts. But being a generally genteel person, however, I always bite my tongue. If we don't remove the K-Meleon threat now, it will bite us in our backside any day now.

If everyone does his own, small part, together we can break the neck of K-Meleon's policy of antagonism once and for all. K-Meleon is addicted to the feeling of power, to the idea of controlling people. Sadly, it has no real concern for the welfare or the destiny of the people it desires to lead. I feel no shame in writing that there's a time to keep silent and a time to speak. There's a time to love and a time to hate. There's a time for war and a time for peace. And, I insist, there's a time to evaluate the tactics K-Meleon has used against me. Or, to put it less poetically, if K-Meleon thinks that it can make me get fired from my job, then it's barking up the wrong tree. K-Meleon's commitment to escapism is only part of the story. There, my ranting is finished.

Why do you have a complaint about my company on your Web page?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My complaint about K-Meleon
Posted by: guenter
Date: May 01, 2004 07:06PM

dear The Real Chameleon,
I gather that some-one has annoyed You!
Obviously You are also highly intoxicated by the exuberance of Your own verbosity -
And I am duly impressed - but i am not sure whether You are speeking about k-meleon, which is a browser.
Yours sincerely with Greetings from Hannover, guenter

Posted by: dpb
Date: May 01, 2004 10:29PM

Well... that was fun to read...
Doesn't seem to have anything to do with the K-Meleon web browser, but anyhow..

Posted by: Al.
Date: May 01, 2004 11:56PM

Hmmm let's see, some guy has discovered the "magic" of "cut and paste", "search and replace". I mean anybody with a half-decent word processor can do that.

To me it's always best to abide by the old adage; just because you can do something, should you really do it?

Posted by: Eyes-Only
Date: May 02, 2004 07:42PM

Well, I can use very big words too---in three languages at that!---but as I was taught in school, it's always easiest to hold someone's attention by just speaking normally and carrying on a conversation in language they can understand---and leave the higher crap to the theoretical astrophysicist and philosopher to managle. Always worked for me anyway. winking smiley

Probably did make interesting reading but I fell asleep by the third paragraph as it had nothing really to do with browsers but was a very distorted view on history.

And I probably shouldn't have fed the trolls. winking smiley

Well, just my 2½¢ worth. User mileage may vary.

À la prochaine!

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"

My complaint about <name here>
Posted by: boogomatic
Date: May 02, 2004 08:34PM

I believe this may called "canned spam".

If you do a search of some of the more unique phrases, you will find many boards contain the same messages. AOL, IETF, The GOP and others. Most of the text seems copied from theological papers of the '80s.

Like you said Al, "Cut and Paste"

"My complaint about <name here>."

Either that or he's ticked of that K-Meleon doesn't include a button to clear the URL history drop down list. ;-)

Posted by: Ari
Date: May 09, 2004 08:03AM

relax, real ...it's just a web browser

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.