Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
your favorite theme
Posted by: ndebord
Date: March 22, 2004 03:25PM

Now that Al and Rapido and others have spent so much time developing new themes for K-Meleon, how's about sharing your favorite themes with us. Something like my top three choices and perhaps an opinion on the default theme!

My favorite theme is Early Blue, my second favoirite is the default theme and my third favorite is Kamino. I'm fine with the default for now, that is. <g>

N

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: your favorite theme
Posted by: Fast Sjonny
Date: March 22, 2004 04:43PM

I really think you all have done a really good job. Because of all those new themes users can choose their own look and functionality.
Maybe I am a stranger in this sort of things but I started with the original theme and after that I have modified the 'kute' team to a smaller version. The buttons are 18x18 and I am only using three buttons.

Here you can see how it looks: http://home.tiscali.nl/hayabusaclubholland/tmp/theme.jpg

And here you can download it as a zip:
http://home.tiscali.nl/hayabusaclubholland/tmp/smallkute.zip

As you can see I also changed the menues, but that's not the point in this topic...

Jan.

Posted by: jsnj
Date: March 22, 2004 07:51PM

Cool. BTW, Kute comes with 2 toolbar cfg files. 1 for big(24,24) and 1 for small(16,16) buttons. You just have to rename toolbars-SMALL.cfg to toolbars.cfg.

Posted by: Eyes-Only
Date: March 23, 2004 12:54AM

Evening though I made two of the themes, and altered some skins and themes for my particular usage, I like the Kute theme and use that a lot as it matches so well with the Thunderbird theme. I like themes that match with Thunderbird basically since I have my two (KM & Tcool smiley joined together as a sort of "mini-Suite".

But I really like the Kute theme. The person who made that had a really good eye and a great sense of balance. True artist! smiling smiley

After that I like to use my KMBeOS. Though I didn't like it at first (actually hated it!) I found it does kind of grow on you. LOL!

À la prochaine,

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"

Posted by: ndebord
Date: March 23, 2004 02:41AM

Kute's good, particular the smaller version. OK. Make that my No. 4 choice!

N

Posted by: Fast Sjonny
Date: March 26, 2004 09:25AM

Hi Jsnj,

You are right about the 16x16 version, but I made the 18x18 because this is the largest possible without making the bar higher then without.
I made it from the 24x24 file to have a little more sharpness.

Jan.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.