Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Uploading menu defs to godamn Wiki
Posted by: Valmi [scozy@yahoo.com]
Date: January 18, 2004 12:35AM

Heyda,

I remade the French menu defs some two weeks ago and sent them to Emanuele because I couldn't understand nothing as of how the f... I was supposed to make that with the Wiki, but it looks like Manu is dead or whatever, so I just look like a fool right now, to myself anyway.

Er, yeah, the point is: could someone explain that to me with very simple words, or, better yet since I shan't update the translation every second week, upload it for me? Thanks a lot -- well, I do use this translation already anyway, but thanks for the French-reading folks out there, and tell me by the way, is Cristophe dead too?

My utterly very, very best regarrrds to all of y'all,
Valmi

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Uploading menu defs to godamn Wiki
Posted by: JP
Date: January 19, 2004 04:21PM

Dude watch your vulger , Andy ,-title.

Posted by: alain.NOSPAM.aupeix@wanadoo.fr
Date: January 19, 2004 04:35PM

Valmi,

Je ne comprends rien à ton jargon, c'est plus que confus, et peut-être qu'en français, tu t'exprimeras un peu mieux.

Le site wiki a tété mis en Français par ma pomme, et si tu ne comprends pas comment ça marche, il suffit de lire. Mais tu peux poser quelques questions.

Pour les menus traduits en français, il en existe plusieurs versions, et notamment la mienne, voir dans les Ressources et dans Télécharger (pas le menu de gauche, mais dans KmeleonWikiFr Télécharger.)

Tu y trouveras la version des exe et dll en français et les menus, toolbars, ...

Enfin, tout ce dont tu as besoin.

Posted by: Valmi [scozy@yahoo.com]
Date: January 23, 2004 05:12AM

Come on JP, granted I forgot about how serious this place is -- I haven't hung out around serious places since a while now -- but we aren't children, are we?

Hello Alain Nospam,

As a matter of fact I have a few back-up jargons, thus will you allow me to pick one more suitable to your needs.

My problem was I couldn't find the way to upload a file in the documentation system albeit I could create the link to it -- or rather to the place where it should be. That won't as I understand it apply to me anymore since I did find out the french files, though the information might prove useful for translators to other languages.

By the way the reason I though there was no french translation of menus available is simply that those are provided only in the French version of the website, which I would tend to consider an issue: if I ended up browsing the English version although I basically speak French, I expect others might do it as well and not be able to find those translations.

(OK, you could argue I'm just so stupid, but anyway.)

Valmi

Posted by: alain.NOSPAM.aupeix@wanadoo.fr
Date: January 23, 2004 08:14AM

Valmi:

1) I don't say you're stupid, and I agree my explanations about wiki translation are perhaps complicated.

2) If I understand what you say, you want to put french menus translation. But you want everybody can found it.

Just put your translations
here

Just a remark, a french user who wants to acces to this page just have to click on the 'Traduction nationales' link, it goes to the common page (I modified it). There is no difference for this page beetween the french access or english access. An other point: all the guys who don't need french translation pages (because they understand english ones) , don't really need menu french translation to understand the meaning of kmeleon's menus. But there is a lot of people who don't understand it, and, a little click on french flag, and they can understand ...

I agree that the french translation is a little outdated, but it's just because it's very hard to maintain the translation pages. I ask for a tool since a long time, and the guys who maintains this site seems to be deaf, I have no answer.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.