Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Hotlist Button
Posted by: Andrew G
Date: November 11, 2002 11:48PM

What's the purpose of the Hotlist Button?,there is nothing in there,can I get rid of it along with the Layers Button as I have no use for it either.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hotlist Button
Posted by: Andrew
Date: November 12, 2002 03:57AM

The Hotlist button is for people who use Opera and want to share their Hotlist between K-Meleon and Opera or import it from Opera. If that doesn't apply to you, you can disable the plugin under: Edit - Preferences - Plugins

That will free up some resources and get rid of the button,

Date: November 12, 2002 04:54AM

Andrew;
Actually,I do have Opera,although I don't use it much,however,I do not see anything in K-meleon referring to importing Opera Hotlist,if it is possible I would use it.

I am very pleased with K-Meleon 0.7 and have been using it quite a lot recently but I am still not used of some of it's features.thanks for your reply.

Date: November 13, 2002 07:10PM

Thanks Andrew,I got rid of those two Buttons,don't need them,now I have all of the buttons on one bar at the top of the Browser,which is what I wanted.Everything is fine now.

Posted by: Andrew
Date: November 13, 2002 07:12PM

Andrew G,

You should have been prompted to import your Hotlist when you installed K-Meleon. The Hotlist plugin is a pretty rough feature that still needs a lot of work.

Date: November 13, 2002 09:02PM

Andrew;

Yes,I was prompted but either I made a mistake or it did not work,it doesn't matter,I am quite happy with things as they are now.thank you very much.

Posted by: John
Date: November 14, 2002 09:25PM

How do I get K-Meleon to point to and share the Opera hotlist? At installation it set itself to create a blank list. I want it to head for the actual Opera file.

Re: Opera Bookmarks - KM Hotlist file path
Posted by: Maxime
Date: February 12, 2003 10:49AM

For the record.

this line in the Prefs.js file sets the location of the file used for the Hotlist plugin.

user_pref("kmeleon.plugins.hotlist.hotlistFile", "c:\\Program Files\\K-Meleon\\Profiles\\default\\xxxxxxxx.slt\\opera.adr");

Change it to point it to c:\Program Files\Opera\Opera6.adr file and you'll make KM use the same file as Opera

1- be careful as to not use at the SAME TIME Opera and KM (problem in synchronising the hotlist/bookmarks).
2- the path to the file in the .js file must be created with the // (double slash)
3- the user_pref(...) line must be on the same line. There could be line wrapping problems with long text lines written on this forum.
4- Opera6.adr is the file used by Opera 6.x AND Opera 7.x (Opera7 bookmarks file is _still_ named Opera6.adr, not Opera7.adr, and the file format is identical). Note the capital "O" in "Opera6.adr"
5- If you have a doubt about the location of Opera's files, open Opera and go in Help > About Opera, and there you will see the "Paths" listed in a paragraph.
6- by default the hotlist plugin creates a blank file containing nothing, if the plugin is activated and it cannot find a path to the file. This file is named "opera.adr". Under certain conditions an existing opera.adr file could be overwritten with this empty file, so it's a good idea to make backups.

Posted by: Fulvio Perini
Date: February 15, 2003 06:45PM

As I found, by searching my Opera 7 folder my Hotlist file is Operadel6.adr. I remove Opera 6.x, so that's why I have that "del"

Posted by: Rottweilerking
Date: February 20, 2003 07:34AM

Ok, so if you use K-Meleon exclusively and don't use netscape/opera/IE what is the best utility for likes? hotlist? favorites? bookmarks?

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.