> what environment are you using?
win95b gutted with ieradicator.
No trace of IE on my machine. (my windows directory is only 42 mb -was 39 on install til I started adding my apps in - I think xp windows folder is over 1 GB. ).
I have, though, run 50comupd to install latest version of comctl32.dll tho (ver 5.8),
as well as a new version of mfc42.dll and mscvrt.dll.
I found a workaround.
Turns out if I disable the "bitmapped menu" plugin then all the menu and submen
hotkeys work perfectly.
The only submenus that did work before with the bitmapped menus implemented were the "Go" submenu history itmes, ie, 0 , 1, 2, 3, etc.
Also, I was only able to "first letter" menu select my way through the bookmark
dropdowns _after_ I had added a new bookmark.
Now with bitmapped menus disable it works right from a fresh launching of Kmeleon.
I compared menu.cfg files before and after disabling bitmapped menus and could see no difference. The bitmapping on my system interferes with hotkeys somehow , I guess.
Anyway it works great now.
Thank you, Po, for responding.