Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
command ID's in macros.cfg?
Posted by: D'Sphitz
Date: January 04, 2002 08:32PM

is it possible to execute a command from a macro?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: command ID's in macros.cfg?
Posted by: Rob
Date: January 04, 2002 08:49PM

well, after a bit more fiddling im coming to the conclusion it's not possible (unless theres some undocumented macro commands).

if it is indeed not possible, adding this functionality in future releases would be nice. What you can do with macros is very limited if you can't call command_ids.

Posted by: po
Date: January 04, 2002 10:48PM

yep, at this point, what you can do with the macros IS very limited, but hopefully it will get better, with global variables, etc... it's interesting what's being done with javascript macros, but that presents a problem if you keep jscript toggled off... if full-fledged 'zones' aren't in the cards, maybe there's some way to enable scripting only from a local source? i can't seem to find a way to do that, either...

Posted by: Andrew
Date: January 05, 2002 04:58PM

Po,

Rob is looking to work on redoing the Macro plugin. Can you touch base with him to discuss your ideas/experiences with this? You and sesh seem to be the two big macro people out there.

Thanks,

Andrew

Posted by: Nicole Simon
Date: January 05, 2002 05:22PM

[copy via email to rob]

*meld*
At least I would like to be a lurker for this and give little helps & comments. I am not to fancy to go into (deep) coding but am experienced enough to deal with it. yawning smiley)

Nicole

Posted by: Andrew
Date: January 05, 2002 05:58PM

Nicole,

You might want to sign up to the developers lists where some of this discussion is taking place.

Andrew

Posted by: Nicole Simon
Date: January 05, 2002 06:14PM

I though of it be also though I would be tempted to use that forum more often than this but for this I' ll be subscribing - seems as if it isn't a high traffic list nevertheless ;o)

Nicole

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.