Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Any idea when 0.4.1 nightly builds will appear ?
Posted by: FredP
Date: May 15, 2001 09:27AM

Don't misunderstand me, I'm perfectly happy with 0.4 right now... :-)
But you mentioned this in another post, so I'm curious. I had set up a nightly "cron" job to always have a fresh 0.4 build in the morning, which I now have suspended.

I'd like to be alerted when 0.4.1 binaries come up, so I can patch that job and run it again. Also, I feel that this should be announced in the front page news, as I only learnt of the 0.4 nightlies by accident while reading the forum, probably a long time after it started :-)

Thanks for the good job,
fp

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Any idea when 0.4.1 nightly builds will appear
Posted by: Jeff
Date: May 15, 2001 04:05PM

The .4 nightlies weren't something I'd intended to be available to the public. In fact, they were each meant to be .4, and were just posted so that the testers could run them through tests for a day before they were released. Instead, as things changed with mozilla and moz .9 being delayed as long as it was, they ended up being there a bit longer than just a day or two.

I do intend to make public .4.1 pre releases, and there will be an accompanying new post on the front page. I imagine something will be available in a week or so, but no promises.

-- Jeff

Posted by: Brian
Date: May 16, 2001 03:11AM

I don't think mentioning pre releases on the front page is a good idea. that kinda eliminates the point of pre release dontcha think? Not many people read the forum, if you manage to browse through and find the post that mentions the URL, then you deserve to use the new version, but people that will only use it if it's on the front page aren't the people we want testing the pre-release version.

Posted by: FredP
Date: May 16, 2001 08:17AM

Okay, I understand better what happened with the 0.4 nightlies now... I guess Brian's point is valid too.
So maybe a good compromise would be an annoucement in this here forum (development), with an _explicit_ subject like "0.4.1 prerelease available <here>" ?
It would save us all fans reading each and every message, even seemingly unrelated, in the hope to stumble across the magic formula... :-)
Thanks,
fp

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.