Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Visual2005 compiler errors
Posted by: marco11
Date: August 18, 2008 07:03PM

compiling the latest code updated from the CVS with visual 2005 gives some errors.
I fixed a few but have still some problems with

in object.h line 146
operator +(Value& right ){ return intval() + right.intval(); }

error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int

I have also problems to compile JSBridge. The nsIJSBridge.h is missing in the CVS. I used the one from a previous version but when Performing Pre-Build Event it seems that the compiler does not find a file/path without giving any details

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Visual2005 compiler errors
Date: August 18, 2008 08:38PM

I got this error linking privacy and history

fatal error C1047: The object or library file '../../mozilla/mozilla/dist/lib\xpcomglue_s.lib' was created with an older compiler than other objects; rebuild old objects and libraries
LINK : fatal error LNK1257: code generation failed

when compiling JSBridge

Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Post-Build Event..."

Date: August 19, 2008 10:49AM

all fixed in object.h Macros2 has minor problems because of more strict compiler

Posted by: Abhijit Gite
Date: September 26, 2014 03:11PM

fatal error C1047: The object or library file '..\mozilla\mozilla\dist\lib\xpcomglue.lib' was created with an older compiler than other objects; rebuild old objects and libraries

Getting this error while compiling kmeleon on visual studio 2008, Need urgent help

Posted by: guenter
Date: September 26, 2014 06:07PM

Abhijit Gite
fatal error C1047: The object or library file '..\mozilla\mozilla\dist\lib\xpcomglue.lib' was created with an older compiler than other objects; rebuild old objects and libraries

Getting this error while compiling kmeleon on visual studio 2008, Need urgent help

I am no VC developer so You best take my answer with a grain of salt.

AFAIK You easiest build the GRE objects and its SDK libs and K-Meleon with the same compiler.

Did You use an old GRE compilation made with VC 8?
And Do You continue now to build -KMeleon with VC 9?

I thinks such procedur would cause Your error.

K-Melon 1.6 and 1.7 were build with VC 8 but could also be build with VC 9 like You try. I recompiled Dorian's K-Meleon 1.6 code with both. Thanks to much help from dealock. That was done so because the GREs for them could be compiled with these compilers.

Current K-Meleon 74 code is compiled with VC 10 because the GRE is build with that compiler version. 74 is based on Firefox ESR 24 code. The latest of that esr line is 24.8.1.

The error tells You IMHO that You have used the GRE/libs created with VC 8 and try to build K-Meleon with VC 9 now. Right?

The only thing I can imagine that could help is that You build all with a VC 8 compiler and try to use the VC 9 MFC libs and includes via project settings for K-Meleon.exe and so on.

Else You do the current GRE with VC 10 (a free Express version exists but has no MFC) and again try to use VC 9 MFC libs and includes in the same fashion as before.

BTW. The last person I found via Google that built a GRE 24 esr with VC 8 was tete009.
The last he did with VC 8 was esr 24.5. If You can build with that You can probably also with VC9. I tried with VC 8 and tete009*s diffs but did not have one essential include he used. So if You still know to build a current GRE like ESR 24 with VC 8 I'd be most interested that You post - how to do this.
Thank You in advance.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2014 11:57PM by guenter.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.