Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
K-Meleon 1.8.0 dev version build 10: bugs and deficiencies list
Posted by: George Hall
Date: January 02, 2014 10:21AM

Has the same flash bug rhar crashes the flash plugin when you click fullscreen

FlashBlock now longer works with K-Meleon 1.8.0 Build 10 which is a downgrade from K-Meelon 74c and 74d which flashblock works.

Also tab bar appears as white line when you disable website icons which does not happen in K-Meleon 74.

The only 2 improvements i found are the following:

about:plugins works without adding chrome plugin files from either K-Meleon 1.6 or from Firefox 20.0.1 into the omni.ja

Mozilla Website Plugin Checks works without adding build override used in K-Meleon 1.6.0Beta2.6 main.kmm macro into the K-Meleon 1.8.0 main.kmm macro.

Sorry George - I changed Your topic line. So that readers know that we talk about build ten by adodupan from this thread started by Dorian. http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,125632,126213,page=7#msg-126213.

adodupan
Posted by: adodupan (92.36.245.249)
Date: January 02, 2014 02:35AM

Dorian
Where can I get your patch?

Here is a package with all the fixes.

Download

With best wishes
Regards to all

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2014 02:51PM by guenter.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Meleon 1.8.0 dev version build 10: bugs and deficiencies list
Posted by: rodocop
Date: January 02, 2014 01:23PM

one more improvement is adodupan's magic UserAgent autochooser.

But we need the precise description of changes made in every assembly as it very difficult to find all the modified places in every assembly by Dorian, adodupan, naruman...

I'm trying to track all changes but it's really inconvenient and hard work ;-)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2014 02:52PM by guenter.

Re: K-Meleon 74a/1.8-alpha bugs and deficiencies list
Posted by: siria
Date: January 02, 2014 01:54PM

Uhm, guys, sorry I can't help with anything due to my old system, but please change the thread titles somehow, with alpha-beta-experimental version whatever? There sure is no officially released and stable 1.8.0 yet, far from it, but if some day there will be one, people are mislead to believe it still had all the bugs described here :-/
(PS rodocop, have sent you another mail about ru-menu ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2014 01:58PM by siria.

Posted by: guenter
Date: January 02, 2014 03:02PM

Ok. Done. I cannot crash with flash @ fullscreen on my system. Maybe give URL.

I have a problem with German and other foreign menues. I also tried French, Spanish and Russian. To test You must copy locales folder from a language package of 1.5.4 e.g. German to the folder browser and to the main K-Meleon folder. Then go to GUI appearance and set the language e.g. to German. It will switch the menues to German for the current session but it reverts to en-US for the next session. You must set it to English or another language before You can successfully set the language to German again.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2014 03:32PM by guenter.

Attachments: Soll.1.6.gif (27.6 KB)  
Date: January 02, 2014 03:16PM

To reproduce the other bug or better two I found You have to enable Bookmarks bar, IE Favorites bar and Hotlist bar and activate display toolbar background.

This is how it should look (screenshot of 1.6 with my favorite skin version).

And this is how it looks in 1.8./10.

Means: Opera Hotlist and IE bar do not show at all and Bookmarks bar is not colored by background picture back.bmp.

If I remember correctly the solution or part of it this was that You have to compile with older IE version number in mind (to get the right dll function support) in StdAfx.h or other central file to be used by toolbars.cpp and these 3 plugins. Or set that in the VC project settings.

Sorry that I do not have my own files with the documentation of deadlock and my changes anymore. I think we had the same problem when we tried in 2011.

I Think I used:

#ifndef _WIN32_WINNT // Specifies that the minimum required platform is Windows 2000.
#define _WIN32_WINNT 0x0500 // Change this to the appropriate value to target other versions of Windows.
#endif

#ifndef _WIN32_IE // Specifies that the minimum required platform is Internet Explorer 5.01.
#define _WIN32_IE 0x0501 // Change this to the appropriate value to target other versions of IE.
#endif

#ifndef WINVER // Autorise l'utilisation des fonctionnalités spécifiques à Windows 95 et Windows NT 4 ou version ultérieure.
#ifdef _UNICODE
#define WINVER 0x0500
#else //for win98
#define WINVER 0x0400 // Attribuez la valeur appropriée à cet élément pour cibler Windows 98 et Windows 2000 ou version ultérieure.
#endif
#endif

// do not set these here!
// #define _WIN32_IE_IE501
// #define _WIN32_IE_IE55
// #define _WIN32_IE_IE60
// #define _WIN32_IE_IE60SP1

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2014 03:52PM by guenter.

Attachments: ist.1.8.gif (21.6 KB)  
Date: January 02, 2014 07:02PM

guenter
Ok. Done. I cannot crash with flash @ fullscreen on my system. Maybe give URL.

I have a problem with German and other foreign menues. I also tried French, Spanish and Russian. To test You must copy locales folder from a language package of 1.5.4 e.g. German to the folder browser and to the main K-Meleon folder. Then go to GUI appearance and set the language e.g. to German. It will switch the menues to German for the current session but it reverts to en-US for the next session. You must set it to English or another language before You can successfully set the language to German again.

Flash crashes with K-Meleon 74 and K-Meleob 1.8.0 dev builf 10 on some websites,
Such as JustDuns.tv

When I click full screen on gthe player their the flash plugin crashes,

I have a Windows 7 ASUS Gaming Laptop with Intel Core i7 2.20 GHz CPU and 8.0 GB RAM.

The flash version is 11.9.900.170. Also K-Meleon 1.6.0Beta2.6 does not crash their.

Posted by: adodupan
Date: January 02, 2014 09:57PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2016 09:08PM by adodupan.

Date: January 03, 2014 07:58PM

adodupan
guenter
It will switch the menues to German for the current session but it reverts to en-US for the next session. You must set it to English or another language before You can successfully set the language to German again.

I tried this. Menus read kml file. Where can i read about kml file, give me links.

Yes.

1.8/10 reads the Kmeleon.kml for the current session from /K-Meleon1.8.10/locales/de-DE/Kmeleon.kml but forgets its location and reverts to English once K-Meleon has been closed and reopened. K-Meleon always reverts without complaint to a language version that it can find. If the one it has been set to does not exist or cannot be found anymore. This is a known and probably wanted feature or capability of K-Meleon since 1.1.x or 1.5.x. It does not only do that with kml but also does that with chrome translation files.

And 1.8/10 remembers the location of of the /K-Meleon1.8.10/browser/locales/de-DE/readme.html. But it cannot read the rest of the translation/locales files like the Kmeleon.kml from that location.

Maybe that gives a clou about what can be done.

About KML maybe read here: http://home.arcor.de/cool.mckluus/software/kmeleon/project/reference/localization/menus.html

I do not know another place to read about kml K-Meleon language file.

kmeleon.kml starts with:

# K-Meleon Localization (version 1.5, encoding must be UTF-8)

OK=
Cancel=
Close=

# ----- Toolbar Names (View > Toolbars)....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2014 08:00PM by guenter.

Posted by: Goerge Haal
Date: January 03, 2014 08:01PM

The gestures bug is still present in both all K-Meleon 74 versions and both K-Meleon 1.8.0 Dev Builds.

When Gestures is enabled the Scroll Bar does not work correctly, The Scroll Bar does not go up and down you try to drag it up and down.

Scrolling works when you click under or over the Scroll Bar.

Date: January 03, 2014 09:01PM

I perdonsly think if you don't make any changes to files you should nt change their dates.

If you change dates with the XUL Runner files it can makes us think your using a newer XUL Runner version.

Also chasging K-Meleon macros and other K-Meleon file dates without nay foxes or modficationss. It can make us think you are not using files from an earlier version of K-Meleon. Such as K-Meleon 74d and earlier.

The only files that should have changed dates are ones you fixed or modified so we know whiches files you fixed or modified.

It is easier to find bugs or problems with K-Meleon 1.8.0 dev builds files. That way we can all work to make K-Meleon better.

Date: January 04, 2014 04:22AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2016 09:09PM by adodupan.

Posted by: Geroge Hall
Date: January 04, 2014 08:33AM

adodupan
George Hall, your remark is ok. Here is a list of changes.
If you can, you try to find bug in encryption settings.

I was talking about bugs in the changed files.

Because both K-Meleon 74 and 1.8.0 dev build use the same encoding macro makes it harder to find problems.

You can compare changed macro files with the KMDoff3 free file compare utility.

Comparing files from K-Mleleon 74 amd 1.8.0 dev builds may show a bug you have missed when you change macros and other K-Meleon files. Such as spelling mistakes when you changed macros.

Comparing macros from older versions may lead to to some fixes on some files.

To find location to put buildid override to check plugins at mozilla show the location that is was located in K-Meleon 1.6.0Beta2.6.

Notepad++ can also help locate where the changes were made. Becuase you can load two files side by side with Notepad++.

Date: January 04, 2014 08:46AM

K-Meleon 1.8.0 dev build has the same flash plugin that crashes flash plugin when you click Full Screen.

When "Run this Program as an administator" is selected flash plugin crashes in bith K-Meleon 74 and K-Meleon 1.8.0 Dev Builds.

I know this a bug in both those browsers becuase the flash plugin does crash when K-Meleon 1.6.0Beta2.6 is in adminstrator Mode

Compatibility Mode is enabled on both K-Meleon 74 and K-Meleon 1.8.0 Dev Builds clicking full screen does not crash the flash plugin.

Date: January 04, 2014 11:40PM

I think would be better if flashblock was not part of kmleon.jar.

I like it better when flashblock has its own chrome file.

flashblock is easier to update that way. When a new flashblock is created we dont have to rebuild kmleon,jar everytime a new flashblock is created.

Also K-Meleon 1.5.4 had an integrated flashblock in embed.jar

When K-Meleon 1.6 was created flashblock had its own chrome.

I thought this is a real improvement.

Also K-Meleon 74c+1 had a new flashblock chrome which you can just drop into in K-Meleon 1.6.0Beta2.6 and it works just fine.

Also the integrated flashblock can ot use the white list like it can in K-Meleon 1.6.0Beta2.6 and K-Meleon 74c+1

Date: January 05, 2014 06:39AM

George Hall
I think would be better if flashblock was not part of kmleon.jar.

I like it better when flashblock has its own chrome file.

flashblock is easier to update that way. When a new flashblock is created we dont have to rebuild kmleon,jar everytime a new flashblock is created.

Also K-Meleon 1.5.4 had an integrated flashblock in embed.jar

When K-Meleon 1.6 was created flashblock had its own chrome.

Big combined chrome.jars start faster than small individual ones.
That is why Mozilla created the big omni.jar and its optimizations.

So it is a trade easier update or faster start. I personally like individual.jar because update is easier but speed also has merit these days.

Date: January 05, 2014 08:29AM

Embedding Extentsions into kmeleon.jar is a mistake.

If going to embed extensions into kmeleon.jar you might as well adblock plus, flashblock, and newsfox.

Adblock Plus is updated more often than the other two extensions so new a kmeleon,jar would be needed to created more often

Embeding files into kmeleon.jar which directly related to kmeleon such as kmprefs would make sense,

Firefox does not embed extensions into its omni.ja file so why should kmeleon embed extensions into its kmeleon.jar

Posted by: Zero3K
Date: January 08, 2014 06:28AM

I have three issues and a suggestion to report regarding Build 12 of v1.8.0:

1. Keyboard shortcuts do not work when a page containing a flash element is displayed.

2. It sometimes opens a folder that I assigned a nickname to even though I didn't type the nickname into the address bar

3. Sometimes, it tries to load a url that has weird characters in it when I try to go to a url.

4. Consider using Coverity Scan (https://scan.coverity.com/) to fix errors in its code which might help reduce crashes and memory leaks.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2014 03:48AM by Zero3K.

Date: January 09, 2014 04:50AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2016 09:09PM by adodupan.

Date: January 09, 2014 06:08AM

adodupan
If you think about keyboard shortcuts such as Ctrl+T or F2, keyboard shortcuts execute commands always, in all circumstances. Also, i could not produce other errors that you mentioned.

1. Try using the keyboard shortcuts that switch between the previous and next tab.
2. My OS is Windows 7 SP1. I'm using nicknames for the bookmark folders.

EDIT: The other errors I mentioned are being caused by going to a site with foreign characters in its page name first before opening a couple of pages with just English characters in seperate tabs.

EDIT2: Here's the Event Log entry that has detailed information regarding the crashes I've been experiencing:

Faulting application name: k-meleon.exe, version: 74.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x52b6b800
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18247, time stamp: 0x521ea91c
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x000c3873
Faulting process id: 0x42c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf0e4713b11e28
Faulting application path: C:\Users\Bryan\Desktop\kmeleon.1.8.0.build.12\k-meleon.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: d7125372-7a59-11e3-9dd3-001d60724170

EDIT3: I have uploaded a crash log I generated with WinCrashReport to a hosting service. Here's the link to it:

http://www.tempsend.com/4D9149F8D0

EDIT4: Also, for some reason, its not ignorning the keyboard shortcuts when typing into the Quick Post text box on forums such as the one hosted at http://boards.openpa ndora.org (delete the space). Its functioning correctly when typing into the text box on this forum, though.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2014 08:35PM by Zero3K.

Date: January 14, 2014 11:33PM

Another issue I've been noticing is that the URL autocomplete function is adding other urls into the url bar as its being typed (such as www.anime-koi getting animetosho.org added to it).

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.