Development :  K-Meleon Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Local Documents for K-Meleon
Posted by: JamesD
Date: August 25, 2014 08:52PM

This thread is for discussion and collaboration on producing some documentation for K-Meleon which a user may run locally.

Some documentation is complete, but only in English.
2014-08-25 https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1522294/LocalDocs74.7z
note: This version installs in K-Meleon 74

Edit # 1 2014-08-26 ( Updated in place - use original link )
Changes  - Revised icon background
           Removed the 990px body width
           Moved icon closer to header
           Changed header width to 88%

Edit # 2 3014-12-05 ( Updated in place - use original link )
Changes  - Spanish translation for menu added
           Revised Command IDs to include Command Names
           Revised MacroLanguage id() for Command Names

I hope to add any updates to this post using edits.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2014 12:18AM by JamesD.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Local Documents for K-Meleon
Date: August 25, 2014 09:08PM

@ siria

I have just remembered that I have my easeread macro running so that all pages that I load have a text zoom times two applied. I will have to keep that in mind when we discuss horizonal scroll bars.

I am running a 1024 x 768 display. Most of the documentation displays within the viewing area without scrolling. Some items require scroll bars even when I zoom out text 2 times. There does not seem to be a way to break up a single line of example code or code description and still convey to the user that it is one long line.

I removed the width 990px statement and fixed the spelling in the current code.

Posted by: siria
Date: August 26, 2014 02:44AM

Thanks - it's nice to have some local help files, always missed that smiling smiley

It really looks like the header causes the scrollbar, even when all body lines are much shorter, like in the ID list. All pages (except desgas list and plugins) are equally about 10% too wide, causing a scrollbar at the bottom. Can only be that the header with its width of 100% plus 2x5% for the borders causes this. But if the header width is set to 85-90% the page width is okay and the scrollbar disappears.
The only exception is the plugins page because of the extra long code lines, but that's a lesser prob, since the text before and after this code shows with the normal 110% width again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2014 02:45AM by siria.

Date: August 26, 2014 06:58AM

@ siria

Here is a replacement css file. I think I included the old one before.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1522294/KDocs.css

Date: August 27, 2014 03:20AM

Edit # 1 2014-08-26 ( Updated in place - use original link )
Changes - Revised icon background
Removed the 990px body width
Moved icon closer to header
Changed header width to 88%

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1522294/LocalDocs74.7z

@ siria

Should I attempt to edit the Quick Reference by desga2 to remove the history plugin or just insert a note that is not included in KM 74?

What version of KM can you run with your Win98SE? This can be made to run there with a new placement of localdocs folder and different macro.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2014 03:23AM by JamesD.

Posted by: siria
Date: August 27, 2014 05:39AM

Works quite nicely now! smiling smiley

Am just afraid KM74 has quite some differences to older versions and for the time being that train is racing on without me. So am rather clueless and cannot tell much about such details like history. Just thinking, perhaps it would still be easier to maintain a universal multi-version macro with a note here and there, as two completely separated macros? Considering how outdated the wiki is, the contents of the files themselves could take a long time until everything is fully updated to KM74, if ever, so why.

And of course, coding myself a bit, tiny adjustments like a folder path are no work but fun grinning smiley Actually, because of the fun, couldn't resist streamlining the code a bit my usual way, no fundamental changes, just gets easier to read.
And renamed the menu entry to 'Manual (macro LocalDocs)', because "if" I were a clueless user I would suspect "Local Documents" were somehow for user documents, like in Windows "my documents" directory, because it's a very unfamiliar name for manual/help files (to me anyway, don't know about developers).
But decided to keep the new 74 path for browser-res anyway, because it doesn't harm and makes multi-version macros easier.

You know what would be handy? To have all manual pages listed as a links row under the header.... but then again, it's just a gimmick.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2014 05:54AM by siria.

Date: December 06, 2014 12:04AM

I have made changes in MacroLanguage and Command IDs to include the "command name" alternate identification for Command Ids.

I also now have a Spanish translation for the menu.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1522294/LocalDocs74.7z

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.