Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Contact Needed: Microsoft Browser Choice Screen for Europe
Posted by: Chris Mullaney
Date: January 07, 2010 11:31PM

I am a principal program manager at Microsoft working on the Microsoft Browser Choice Screen for Europe. I am emailing in reference to an opportunity related to web browser distribution in Europe. This opportunity applies to the K-Meleon web browser.

The European Commission announced that it has adopted a legal decision that declares certain commitments to be binding on Microsoft. (This link has additional information: http://ec.europa.eu/competition/consumers/web_browsers_choice_en.html.) These Commitments include an obligation to deliver a software update in Europe that provides users with an opportunity to choose to install web browsers on their Windows PCs in addition to the browsers they may already have. This opportunity will be delivered by a “Browser Choice Screen.”

Microsoft and the Commission have determined that K-Meleon qualifies for inclusion in the Browser Choice Screen. We'd like to send a responsible person additional details and information on how K-Meleon can participate.

Given the tight deadlines for our implementation of the Commitments we wanted to reach out via email to ensure that this invitation receives appropriate and speedy attention. I would appreciate it if K-Meleon could identify a K-Meleon representative that we should work with to ensure that K-Meleon can participate in the Browser Choice Screen.

If you have any questions or requests, please do not hesitate to contact me. We look forward to your participation in the Browser Choice Screen.

Thanks - Chris

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Contact Needed: Microsoft Browser Choice Screen for Europe
Posted by: Alex.Tarantul
Date: January 08, 2010 04:59AM

Hello Chris!
I think you need to contact with Dorian and kko.
By the way, "Europe" include Russia or not? grinning smiley If contact to a browser Russian team is necessary, you can communicate with me.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: January 08, 2010 04:57PM

Dorian is going to answer to Chris.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Posted by: guenter
Date: January 08, 2010 11:07PM

@ Chris Mullaney, I have mailed info to Dorian Boissonnade an others, right after You posted. I have received confirmation that my mail reached the relevant persons.

guenter (moderator)

p.s. I do not understand, why You contacted this project so late.

Date: January 09, 2010 11:30AM

Unfortunately, the given offer does not extend to Russia. sad smiley(

Posted by: kko
Date: January 12, 2010 09:27AM

Alex.Tarantul
Unfortunately, the given offer does not extend to Russia. sad smiley(

Russia is not a member of the European Union...

Date: January 12, 2010 06:08PM

kko
Russia is not a member of the European Union...
I know, but for Mozilla Firefox russian translation has been made. Because in EU live many Russian-speaking people

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.