Development :  K-Meleon Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Pages: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: K-Meleon 1.8.build 24
Posted by: callahan
Date: August 15, 2014 07:17PM

guenter ... in your reply to Jennifer earlier (June 03, 2014) dealing with User Agents. I am also interested in what she was asking and what you posted.

Easier method: Go about:config and toggle general.useragent.compatMode.firefox to true. It is the officially (Mozilla.org) recomended way for their GREs. It adds the firefox string. Here it will read like Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:24.3) Gecko/20140105 Firefox/24.0 K-Meleon/74.0 or so. This setting should IMHO be possibly chosen as the default setting by the devs. That way most pages should become compatible.

To get the old functionality back - which I prefer.

Call this code maybe UserAgents.js and drop it into ./browser/defaults/preferences.

.... OK I was able to do all that and then you posted this:

Then the old code from 1.5.4 - 1.7 will work again. Call it useragent.kmm
and drop it into macros. Or copy the macro from the old version there.

I went into the older version 1.6 and copied the "useragent.kmm" and placed it into v1.8 ... and all looks good like the "older" way but when I check the FF or Seamonkey User Agent and close KM 1.8 ... the User Agent doesn't hold, it doesn't hold the UA choice ... in KM v1.6 the UA would stay on whatever UA I wanted. Did I miss something, can this be made to hold the UA of my choice?

... I was trying everything again ... if I chose Sea Monkey or FF and close KM and then reopen it, the UA has a checkmark on Custom. I did not use your "useragent.kmm" code ... I just copied the "useragent.kmm" from KM v1.6 and replaced the one in KM v1.8.

Maybe I will try your "useragent.kmm" code and not use one from another older version. Is this the way to go ?

thanks ...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2014 07:29PM by callahan.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: JamesD
Date: August 16, 2014 03:49AM

I have a useragentII.kmm file which works for me. I can switch from KM to FF compat quickly and also see what a website gets when I go there.

http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/forum/read.php?1,128316,128316#msg-128316

Posted by: guenter
Date: August 16, 2014 04:56AM

Thx JamesD, for Your new code snippet.

callahan
guenter ... in your reply to Jennifer earlier (June 03, 2014) dealing with User Agents. I am also interested in what she was asking and what you posted.

The old code still works for me. I just retested it with 74.0 RC, now.
I used modern type user agent strings.
But You can change them and/or add more and use others.

Name: UserAgent.js. Date: 03.08.2014.
Place: ./K-Meleon/browser/defaults/preferences.

/********************************************************************************************************/
// Privacy Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:24.3) Gecko/20140105 Firefox/24.0 K-Meleon/74.0
# pref("general.useragent.override", "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:24.3) Gecko/20140105 Firefox/24.3 K-Meleon/74.0");
# The previews line can be used as default. Dorian however prefers/recommended toogling general.useragent.compatMode.firefox to true. Default in RC 74 is true.

pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent1.name", "Firefox 24 ESR");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent1.string", "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:24.3) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.3");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent2.name", "SeaMonkey");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent2.string", "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0 SeaMonkey/2.24");

Increase incrementally red code number for each new agent string, if You want to add more agent names.

Name: useragent.kmm. Date 15.05.2008.
Place: ./K-Meleon74.0RC/macros.

# K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage)

# ---------- User Agent --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#
# Dependencies : main.kmm ($macroPrefBranch)
# Resources : -
# Preferences : kmeleon.privacy.useragent[1,2,...].name
# kmeleon.privacy.useragent[1,2,...].string
#
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UserAgent{
macroinfo=_("Set the specified User Agent string");
menuchecked=$ARG==""?(getpref(STRING,$_UserAgent_Active)=="")sad smileygetpref(STRING,$_UserAgent_Active)==getpref(STRING,$_UserAgent_Custom.$ARG.".string"));
$ARG==""?delpref($_UserAgent_Active):$_string=getpref(STRING,$_UserAgent_Custom.$ARG.".string");
$ARG==""?&_UserAgent_SyncMenu:&_UserAgent;
}
UserAgent_Custom{
macroinfo=_("Set a custom User Agent string");
$_string=prompt(_("Enter the User Agent string to identify K-Meleon as:"),_("Custom User Agent"),getpref(STRING,$_UserAgent_Active));
$_string==""?0:&_UserAgent;
}

UserAgent_AlertString{
macroinfo=_("View the current User Agent string");
injectJS("alert('"._("Current User Agent String:")."\\n\\n'+navigator.userAgent)");
}
UserAgent_ToggleReset{
macroinfo=_("Toggle resetting the default User Agent string when exiting");
menuchecked=getpref(BOOL,$_UserAgent_Reset);
togglepref(BOOL,$_UserAgent_Reset);
}

# ----- PRIVATE

$_UserAgent_Active="general.useragent.override";
$_UserAgent_Custom="kmeleon.privacy.useragent";
$_UserAgent_Reset=$macroPrefBranch."useragent.reset_on_exit";

_UserAgent{
$_string==""?delpref($_UserAgent_Active)confused smileyetpref(STRING,$_UserAgent_Active,$_string); &_UserAgent_SyncMenu;
}
_UserAgent_SyncMenu{
$_data=getpref(STRING,$_UserAgent_Active);
setcheck("macros(UserAgent_Custom)",($_data!=""));
$_j=1; while($_j>0) &_UserAgent_SyncMenuLoop;
}
_UserAgent_SyncMenuLoop{
$__data=getpref(STRING,$_UserAgent_Custom.$_j.".string");
$__data==$_data?setcheck("macros(UserAgent_Custom)",false):0;
$_j=$__data==""?0:$_j+1;
}
$OnStartup=$OnStartup."_UserAgent_SyncMenu;";

_UserAgent_BuildMenu{
# tools menu
$_u="&User Agent";
setmenu(PrivacySecurity,popup,$_u);
setmenu($_u,macro,"Default","UserAgent()");
$_i=1; while($_i>0) &_UserAgent_BuildMenuLoop;
setmenu($_u,macro,"&Custom...",UserAgent_Custom);
setmenu($_u,macro,"&Reset To Default On Exit",UserAgent_ToggleReset);
setmenu($_u,separator,"&Reset To Default On Exit");
}
_UserAgent_BuildMenuLoop{
$__data=getpref(STRING,$_UserAgent_Custom.$_i.".name");
$__data==""?0confused smileyetmenu($_u,macro,$__data,"UserAgent(".$_i.")");
$_i=$__data==""?0:$_i+1;
}
$OnInit=$OnInit."_UserAgent_BuildMenu;";

_UserAgent_Reset{
getpref(BOOL,$_UserAgent_Reset)?delpref($_UserAgent_Active):0;
}
$OnQuit=$OnQuit."_UserAgent_Reset;";

# ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$macroModules=$macroModules."UserAgent;";

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2014 05:05AM by guenter.

Date: August 16, 2014 07:09AM

Thanks JamesD and guenter for the help ... I am not able to get things to work or look the way I would like. I am just going to leave the User Agent thing alone and go with what the delevoper has made available.

All this seems to be over my head for the time being ... I will continue to read any new replies and also will work with changing the User Agent in version 1.8 at another time. It was just easier for me to do so in version 1.6.

K-Meleon 1.6 is my main browser and I can change or update User Agents in that version ... this new version is different and I will probably never fully understand all the inner workings.

Thanks again ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2014 07:10AM by callahan.

Date: August 17, 2014 04:29PM

callahan
Thanks JamesD and guenter for the help ... I am not able to get things to work or look the way I would like. I am just going to leave the User Agent thing alone and go with what the delevoper has made available.

All this seems to be over my head for the time being ... I will continue to read any new replies and also will work with changing the User Agent in version 1.8 at another time. It was just easier for me to do so in version 1.6.

K-Meleon 1.6 is my main browser and I can change or update User Agents in that version ... this new version is different and I will probably never fully understand all the inner workings.

Thanks again ...

Well in that case - I have not explained it clearly enough.

In 1.6 the code that is now in my little js resideded in another location.

It used to be in ./K-Meleon1.6/defaults/pref/I10n.js section privacy.

In my most recent 1.6 it is line 12 ff.

Old Default Preferences Path: ./program files/K-Meleon1.6/defaults/pref/I10n.js

Subfolder: pref

File: I10n

The code section provided reasonable defaults to be used by a kmm (K-Meleon Macro)

/********************************************************************************************************/
// Privacy

pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent1.name", "Firefox 3.5");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent1.string", "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 Firefox/3.5.19 GTB7.1");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent2.name", "SeaMonkey 2.0");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent2.string", "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.16) Gecko/20101123 SeaMonkey/2.0.11");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent3.name", "Firefox 3.6");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent3.string", "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.9.2.26) Gecko/20120128 Firefox/3.6.26 GTB7.1");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent4.name", "Firefox 10");
pref("kmeleon.privacy.useragent4.string", "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:10.0a1) Gecko/20111008 Firefox/10.0a1");

Since 74 the location of the defaults JS files changed to another subfolder:

New Default Preferences Path: ./program files/K-Meleon74/browser/defaults/preferences/

That is were it must be on all Xulrunner based applications.

I updated the code above and placed it into a file. That way I could copy it to each new 74 test version. I called the file UserAgents.js. It is a text file with the encoding UTF8. Attached as 7z. Unpack before use. In 74 it will go to:

./program files/K-Meleon74/browser/defaults/preferences/UserAgents.js

The subfolder has another location and name. And the code is in an extra file now.

This file provides reasonable defaults that can be addressed by a K-Meleon macro.

For the macro I used a 1.5 vintage file but You could probably also use the file from 1.6. Mine attached as 7z. Original Name: useragent.kmm. Text encoding UTF8 extension kmm (K-Meleon macro). Unpack before use. Place to/destination:

./program files/K-Meleon74/macros/useragent.kmm

After a restart it can be used via Privacy Bar, Right Click on User Agent
or Mnues -> Tools -> User Agent.

Hope this post is more helpfull.

Attachments: UserAgents.7z (355 bytes)   useragent.7z (1.1 KB)  
Date: August 17, 2014 05:29PM

Thank you guenter for the instructuions and downloads. I was sure I had followed your instructions before correctly and your new post confirms that I had everything right ... I also removed the two files and replaced them with your two downloaded files.

Everything is still as before ... it doesn't seem to work. Let me go back to KM v1.6, which always has worked with my User Agent choice. I have a UA for FF 25 which is checked and no matter how many times I open and close K-Meleon v1.6, the FF 25 UA still has that check mark, it never changes back to "Default" unless I change it back.

Now with KM v1.8 ... the UA always goes back to "Default" ... you have Firefox 25 and Sea Monkey along with Default ... if I check FF 25 or Sea Monkey, the check mark is there on my choice till I shut down KM v1.8 ... when I reopen KM v1.8 there is no check mark and when I do a UA check at a website it is always the Default UA showing.

So your instructions were very good from before and I was sure I was doing everthing correctly and did not miss a "small step" of some kind.

This should work like the UA in KM v1.6 ... If I check FF 25 then everytime I open KM v1.8 the check mark should still be on FF 25 ... am I correct?

Now when I place a check mark on the FF 25 or Sea Monkey UAgent it is there till I close KM v1.8 and when I start KM v1.8 again there is no check mark.

Could there be another setting locking the Default UA to never change?

I appreciate your time and everyone else also ... I am going to reinstall a new download of KM v1.8 ... maybe I messed something up although I don't fool around with too many settings inside the workings of KM v1.8, only what I know from older versions of KM ... some colors and such ... I change the throbber to the Lighthouse throbber that disrupted made in 2010.

thanks ... if you have any ideas or thoughts, I will be listening and keep working with this situation.

Date: August 17, 2014 06:04PM

OK ... I removed the old KM v1.8 install and used a fresh KM v1.8 install in Programs Folder ... Made no changes to anything, just to change the Homepage.

I installed your two downloads and everything is as before ... the check marks go away when I shut down KM v1.8 and restart ... seems to always be the Default UA.

Here are my results for the UA check at the UA ID website I used.

I said FF 25 in my last post since I had changed to that in general override but it didn't really change the UA, just the name I guess. Now it is Firefox 24 ESR, as from your download.

Add: I thought this out better ... I changed the the UA string 1 to FF 25 from FF 24 ESR. This is what I had in UA String 1 ...

Firefox 25

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0.9.9

I have several UA check websites but I was using this one:

http://user-agent-string.info/parse

Default:

K-Meleon 1.8.24
Windows XP

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 K-Meleon/1.8.24

------------------------------------------------

Firefox 24 ESR:

K-Meleon 1.8.24
Windows XP

------------------------------------------------

Sea Monkey:

K-Meleon 1.8.24
Windows XP

When I restart KM v1.8 there is no checkmark on Firefox 24 ESR or Sea Monkey ... which was there before I shut KM v1.8 down.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2014 06:32PM by callahan.

Date: August 17, 2014 06:47PM

It got to work for You. It cannot work on my PC and not do the trick on Yours.

Theoritically. :D

The following problems can be responsible.

1.) Please. Make sure that K-Meleon has writing privileges in the profiles folder.

Menu -> Help -> Troubelshooting -> Check Privilege.

If it does not have that priviledge the setting will revert to default because it cannot be written to prefs.js on browser exit.

Plus make sure that You uncheck this shown option. Bottom option.

Else it will revert to default also.

2.) Else if You can not change the AgentString even temporary.

Check whether the right 74 K-Meleon version starts. To do so.

Check Profile directory and whether that belongs to the modified version.

Also check in URL about:config whether the changed AgentStrings code exists.

type usergagent to narrow selection.

It will show.

kmeleon.privacy.useragent1.string

and so on.

K-Meleon will accept these values from the js even if the macro does not work properly.

If the pref does not show its another K-Meleon or the js file was not written successfully to the place where it must go.

p.s. On my PC sometimes the wrong K-Meleon starts if I work careless.
It only matters when I am testing something.
Else it does not matter since they all have the same settings.

So make sure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2014 07:19PM by guenter.

Attachments: reset on exit.gif (2.4 KB)  
Date: August 17, 2014 08:34PM

Hi ... thanks for more information. As I said earlier I have limited knowledge of the "inner workings" of KM.

You posted in your last post ...

The following problems can be responsible.

1.) Please. Make sure that K-Meleon has writing privileges in the profiles folder.

Menu -> Help -> Troubelshooting -> Check Privilege.

If it does not have that priviledge the setting will revert to default because it cannot be written to prefs.js on browser exit.

... where is that "Profiles" folder ...

I don't see: "Menu -> Help -> Troubelshooting -> Check Privilege" anywhere in the Profile folder that I looked at.

I go to Program Files / KM folder / Profiles and I only see the profile default folder and profile configuration.

Yes, in about:config ... FF 25 is showing in UA string 1 and Sea Monkey is showing in UA string 2. I changed UA string 1 yesterday fron FF 24 ESR to FF 25.

I am back to using my earlier version of KM v1.8 from yesterday with all my settings in place. I just need to have more information on what Profiles folder you are talking about and exactly where I can find it and that: Menu -> Help -> Troubelshooting -> Check Privilege information.

thanks ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2014 08:36PM by callahan.

Posted by: siria
Date: August 17, 2014 09:10PM

Okay, using the KM menu is too complicated...
Well then, trying my luck too, since you do know this:

I go to Program Files / KM folder...

So you have 2 folders for your old and new KM versions, and can look inside?
In the new KM folder you find a file "profile.ini"?
In the old KM folder it is not?

If so, remove this file in your new KM folder, then restart the browser.

Date: August 17, 2014 09:26PM

siria ... OK, I deleted the "profile.ini" file and restarted KM v1.8 and a new .ini file was showing. I went to UA tab and changed the UA to Sea Monkey, restarted KM and checked at the UA ID website ... still showing default UA ... no Sea Monkey.

thanks ... going to get this figured out.

Date: August 17, 2014 09:59PM

No, I wrote to delete the file "profile.ini" in the KM folder,
NOT "profileS.ini" in the profiles folder, which you deleted.

Date: August 17, 2014 10:26PM

OK ... yes I missed that ... I deleted the correct one and restarted KM v1.8 and all my settings are gone. Is this what was supposed to happened ... several days work gone and now to just start from "Square One" and put all the settings back the way I had them. I'm a little confused at this point.

This is maybe going to be too complicated and I may just leave the original UA from the developer in place ... that one works and what ever I select stays in place. I mentioned doing that several posts back with guenter.

Thanks and appreciate your help and all help.

Add: I will keep reading for ideas and would like this to work but I can live with the Developer's UA setup ... I still have KM v1.6 by JamesD where I can have any UA I want.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2014 10:44PM by callahan.

Date: August 18, 2014 01:24AM

callahan
OK ... yes I missed that ... I deleted the correct one and restarted KM v1.8 and all my settings are gone. Is this what was supposed to happened

Actually - yes cool smiley But of course, nothing is gone!
It only looks so until you copy over the contents of your old profile folder into the new one. First make a backup copy of your whole "profiles" folder, in a safe place.
Then look inside, it should contain a subfolder with a random name? And inside this one are the files with your settings (bookmarks etc.). Copy over these files into the new profile folder, which is in a completely different place, with another random name.
To FIND the new one, open KM, look at the menu, and click
Edit > Configuration > Profile directory
Paste your files inside here.

Then go one level higher. There are probably several folders with random names?
If so, one of those is probably your KM1.6 profile (just guessing)
Better make a backup of those folders too. Each one is 1 profile.

PS: This is not just about UAs, but all your settings. In theory you can't save *any* new settings in the program files folder...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2014 01:32AM by siria.

Date: August 18, 2014 02:42AM

Well I think I understood some of your instructions ... I don't have a new Profile folder and I don't see several sub folders. I still can't get the UA to change. I did the Profile folder backup.

I know you tried but it is not anybody's fault ... I just don't understand the "inside" stuff with KM. Maybe the developer in time will make a change with the UA and make it easier, like in the older versions of KM to change the User Agent. If they could make it work like in KM v1.6, that would be great ... otherwise the UA can never be changed year after year ... I would think people would want a new UA every so often to fool some web sites.

I will just forget the whole UA deal with KM v1.8 and be happy with what works for now.

Thanks again for your time and help. I will still continue to read about future updates and any possible UA changes. I like this version and will have it ready for newer web pages.

Thanks ...

Date: August 18, 2014 02:56AM

It's not that difficult really.
KM can work either in portable mode, that stores the profiles inside the program folder, which usually is write-protected, so changes will be forgotten.
Or KM can work in default mode, that stores the profiles somewhere in c:/users/callahan/... (or similar). That place can be overwritten and keeps the new settings.

The mode can be switched by creating or deleting a file named "profile.ini" in the KM folder. Switching modes switches the place where KM will look for your profiles, but it should not delete the profiles in the other place.

Slowly I'm starting to wonder... could it be that perhaps you don't see the menu toolbar in the browser??? (It reads File Edit View Sessions etc.)

Date: August 18, 2014 08:30AM

No I have the Menu toolbar checked so it is visible. I am going to go over everything that was posted today tomorrow and experiment some more. Maybe I will hit on something that I missed.

thanks ...

Posted by: adodupan
Date: August 18, 2014 09:53AM

Well, callahan, you've just met extraordinary people.
People here are always ready to help you, sometimes, as in your case, it is possible that their suggestions push you in the wrong way, but it does not matter. You spent a couple of days for nothing, that sucks, but there is no a lot of damage, you're just a little scratched your knees :)
Of course, guenter's way is not possible, because 1.8 intercepts loading pages and sends UA string from the user's rules,
if there are no rules for the requested url, 1.8 will always send the default UA string.

Sorry, i didn't want to break your party :)
If you want to use guenter's way in 1.8, you need to show email address in your profile and i'll send you a solution to your problem.

Regards to all

Date: August 18, 2014 04:41PM

Tsss.. and there I thought of course he had already exchanged your special useragent-macro with the version from KM1.6, after a previous posting told him to do so. Must admit I didn't read all of the previous exchange, only a few posts back. Can you confirm that the profile isn't lost, only has to be copied over again, or is there something special about it in 1.8 too? He did delete the wrong profileS.ini, so KM doesn't find it again by itself, but the folders should still be there anyway, not?

Date: August 18, 2014 05:03PM

siria ... I should have mentioned that I also had a backup of the K-Meleon folder so it was easy to replace or "fix" any damage done. I keep doing a backup in steps as I figure things out or make changes ... so I always have several to go back to.

I had a good learning experience yesterday ... maybe I didn't have complete sucess but I was "tinkering" around inside K-Meleon and I still learned a few things or know more than I did a week ago.

thanks ... as you said adodupan ... these are all good people here, I may not post very much or too often but I read all the threads for ideas and help. Sometimes I get help from another person's post, so I don't post. I only wish I understood German since some posts are in German buts that's no real problem ... I have used a translator a few times and sometimes the post is in both English and German, if I think the post may be of help to me in some way.

I will fix the e-mail contact ... I wasn't aware of the setting, e-mail contact was there.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2014 05:10PM by callahan.

Date: August 18, 2014 05:11PM

Sorry callahan, that I have stolen some of Your time.

I had not realize that adauapan has made that much of an undocumented fork.

I just looked under the hood and found new privacy prefs such as

pref("override.useragent.Firefox.sites", "");

I am more occupied with fixing parts of the German K-Meleon translation.

p.s. German posts that are of common interest are normally translated. If not they refer to topics that are often anwered in English, are language specific or personal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2014 05:30PM by guenter.

Date: August 18, 2014 05:19PM

No problem guenter ... I still learned many things from your posts and everything may be working shortly. I may be back with more questions or for help about something else.

thanks ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2014 05:20PM by callahan.

Date: August 19, 2014 01:10AM

callahan
I keep doing a backup in steps as I figure things out or make changes ... so I always have several to go back to.

Whow, now that is very wise (and very rare) - 100 points to you for this! smiling smiley

Date: August 19, 2014 02:35AM

Well with the "missing link" is now installed ... User Agent check marks stay where placed.

All is well !

Thanks adodupan and everyone else.

adodupan ... now I can discuss if you might consider this addition to your K-Meleon version, if you feel it is worth it. There might not be a lot of people interested or would ever use it. I asked about it sometime back and someone helped me with KM v1.6 ... I think it was in KM version 1.5.4 but didn't carry over into KM v1.6. I use it a lot to copy link names to notepad.

As I said someone came to the rescue and told me to put this small text or addition in the Menus

Edit / Configuration / Menus

!LinkCopy{
&Copy=ID_EDIT_COPY|ID_COPY_LINK_LOCATION
}

Then when you right click on a live link you still get the option to "Copy Link URL" but below that will be a "Copy" button or tab to copy just the word or words if you need to save the name or words.

I have done this with your version as I did with JamesD's KM v1.6. It's not important, I find it very useful at times myself and it only takes a minute for me to add those lines to "Menus" so it's not really a big deal.

How important this would be to others, I don't know.

Again thanks for the solution to the UA fix.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2014 02:37AM by callahan.

Date: August 19, 2014 03:18PM

Reading some earlier posts from June ... I know that some K-Meleon 1.6.0 extensions do not work in K-Meleon v1.8 ... maybe none work, I can't be sure ... I only use a few. I like Cookie Culler Plus and would like to see that work one day in KM v1.8, if that would be possible. I'm always deleting cookies and that is very handy to use.

I have cookies and everything to delete on browser shutdown ... but Cookie Culler Plus is great to use with an open browser.

thanks ...

Posted by: George Hall
Date: August 20, 2014 01:03AM

callahan
Reading some earlier posts from June ... I know that some K-Meleon 1.6.0 extensions do not work in K-Meleon v1.8 ... maybe none work, I can't be sure ... I only use a few. I like Cookie Culler Plus and would like to see that work one day in KM v1.8, if that would be possible. I'm always deleting cookies and that is very handy to use.

I have cookies and everything to delete on browser shutdown ... but Cookie Culler Plus is great to use with an open browser.

thanks ...

It should work with the K-Meleon 1.8 if you use it as an exension in your profile and use the macro from http://kmext.sourceforge.net/extensions/cookieculler.7z
or the default skin icon and macro from http://kmext.sourceforge.net/extensions/cookieculler%2Bbutton.7z

The method I created so it with K-Meleon 74.0RC is here http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/forum/read.php?9,128715

Date: August 20, 2014 02:23AM

Thanks George for the information and links ... I didn't see your post from yesterday in the other thread. I will try everything out later or in five or six hours ... no time right now ... but that will be great to have it working.

Date: August 20, 2014 05:30AM

OK ... I sort of did all this yesterday with the CookieCuller + Button. I had the button showing but nothing was working correctly and KM wasn't properly shutting down or closing. I don't know anything about the .xpi file. I don't see any of those files in KM v1.8. I also don't see any "extensions folder in the K-Meleon 74 User Profile" or anything close to it in KM v1.8.

There must be more to a fix for this to work in KM v1.8 ... it's for sure over my head!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2014 05:30AM by callahan.

Posted by: George Hall
Date: August 20, 2014 09:25AM

It worjks with your vesion K-Meeleon1.8.0 supports the Add-on Manager which can br found out with about:addons in the address bar.

If that does not work your veesion does not support the addon Manager.

The boolean value kmeleon.install_firefox_extension when enables extnesions installs without edit install rdf in the extensuon http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/forum/read.php?8,127809,128529#msg-128529

if that boolean vaue doe snot work you have to edit the install rdf in the extension so it has the id for K-Meleon and not just Firefox.
As mentioned here http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/forum/read.php?2,126206,128530,page=3#msg-128530

If Add-on Manager works then Cookieculler from Firefox Add-ons will work with your version of K-Meleon

A;so we create the extensions folder in the profile to copy extensions to,

Posted by: Geprge Hall
Date: August 20, 2014 10:30AM

George Hall
It worjks with your vesion K-Meeleon1.8.0 supports the Add-on Manager which can br found out with about:addons in the address bar.

If that does not work your veesion does not support the addon Manager.

The boolean value kmeleon.install_firefox_extension when enables extnesions installs without edit install rdf in the extensuon http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/forum/read.php?8,127809,128529#msg-128529

if that boolean vaue doe snot work you have to edit the install rdf in the extension so it has the id for K-Meleon and not just Firefox.
As mentioned here http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/forum/read.php?2,126206,128530,page=3#msg-128530

If Add-on Manager works then Cookieculler from Firefox Add-ons will work with your version of K-Meleon

A;so we create the extensions folder in the profile to copy extensions to,

Anohter thing the startupCache folder can prevent manually added extensions with a modified install.rdf from being enabled unless you delete startupCache folder from the profile.

Pages: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.