Development :  K-Meleon Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Pages: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: K-Meleon 1.8.build 24
Posted by: callahan
Date: August 20, 2014 04:42PM

I am not able to get the program to work ... I will go over everything again to see if I missed something. I created the Extensions folder and think I had done all the steps. I appreciate your help ... maybe someone else is also trying the things you posted.

There must be others who also like the CookieCuller program.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: George Hall
Date: August 20, 2014 05:31PM

callahan
I am not able to get the program to work ... I will go over everything again to see if I missed something. I created the Extensions folder and think I had done all the steps. I appreciate your help ... maybe someone else is also trying the things you posted.

There must be others who also like the CookieCuller program.

Fifox Extension are store in a XPI file with the file install.rdf which contains a fFreofx ID to check to see if firefox can install that extrnsion.

If automaticly loading extensions does not work with that boolean variable.

You need to add the ID for K-Meleon 1.8.0.x to install.rdf instread of 74.0
or rpelace the first 74.0 to before second 74.0. The copy the new installl.rdf into xpi when viewing it as a zip file.

Then reanme to to xpi the then copy the new xpi file to your profile and do nit forget to delete the startupCache from your profile before starting the browser so it will be enabled sucessfully.

kmeleon.install_firefox_extension the value identies k-Meleon as a Firefox Browsers so the extension it enabled browser in the browser at startup.

Otherwise it has to be dones manually by changing install.rdf file inside extrsnion file and deleting startupCache folder.

Date: August 20, 2014 05:58PM

Firefox CookirCuller Extenstion {99B98C2C-7274-45a3-A640-D9DF1A1C8460}.xpi in the extensions folder in our prpfile folder contain the an install.rdf

install.rdf (Firfox Version)

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<RDF xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"; xmlns:em="http://www.mozilla.org/2004/em-rdf#">;

<Description about="urn:mozilla:install-manifest">

<em:id>{99B98C2C-7274-45a3-A640-D9DF1A1C8460}</em:id>
<em:name>CookieCuller</em:name>
<em:version>1.4</em:version>
<em:type>2</em:type>
<em:description>Extended Cookie Manager - Automatically delete unwanted cookies</em:description>
<em:creator>Dan Yamaoka</em:creator>
<em:contributor>Thomas Bertels [fr-FR]</em:contributor>
<em:contributor>eXtenZilla.it [it-IT]</em:contributor>
<em:contributor>Willy Young [zh-TW]</em:contributor>
<em:contributor>Tjaard de Vries [nl-NL]</em:contributor>
<em:contributor>Norah [ja-JP]</em:contributor>
<em:contributor>Proyecto Nave [es-ES]</em:contributor>
<em:contributor>dAvit Smehlik [cs-CZ]</em:contributor>
<em:homepageURL>http://cookieculler.mozdev.org/</em:homepageURL>;
<em:optionsURL>chrome://cookieculler/content/CookieCullerOptions.xul</em:optionsURL>
<em:iconURL>chrome://cookieculler/skin/cookieculler.png</em:iconURL>

<em:file>
<Description about="urn:mozilla:extension:file:cookieculler.jar">
<emtongue sticking out smileyackage>content/cookieculler/</emtongue sticking out smileyackage>
<emconfused smileykin>skin/classic/cookieculler/</emconfused smileykin>
<em:locale>locale/en-US/cookieculler/</em:locale>
<em:locale>locale/fr-FR/cookieculler/</em:locale>
<em:locale>locale/it-IT/cookieculler/</em:locale>
<em:locale>locale/zh-TW/cookieculler/</em:locale>
<em:locale>locale/nl-NL/cookieculler/</em:locale>
<em:locale>locale/ja-JP/cookieculler/</em:locale>
<em:locale>locale/es-ES/cookieculler/</em:locale>
<em:locale>locale/cs-CZ/cookieculler/</em:locale>
</Description>
</em:file>

<em:targetApplication>
<Description>
<em:id>{ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}</em:id>
<em:minVersion>3.0</em:minVersion>
<em:maxVersion>3.6.*</em:maxVersion>
</Description>
</em:targetApplication>

<Description>
<em:id>{86c18b42-e466-45a9-ae7a-9b95ba6f5640}</em:id>
<em:minVersion>1.7</em:minVersion>
<em:maxVersion>1.8</em:maxVersion>
</Description>

</Description>

</RDF>

I added bewlow to to K_Meleon 1.8.0 to that file creating the K-Meleon 1.8.0.24 version of the extension.

<Description>
<!--K-Meleon-->
<em:id>kmeleon@</em:id>
<em:minVersion>1,8,0</em:minVersion>
<em:maxVersion>74.0</em:maxVersion>
</Description>

The new update install.rdf file to support K-Meleon 1.8.0 looks like the below

install.rdf (Enabled for K-Meleon 1.8 and K-Meleon 74.0)

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<RDF xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"; xmlns:em="http://www.mozilla.org/2004/em-rdf#">;

<Description about="urn:mozilla:install-manifest">

<em:id>{99B98C2C-7274-45a3-A640-D9DF1A1C8460}</em:id>
<em:name>CookieCuller</em:name>
<em:version>1.4</em:version>
<em:type>2</em:type>
<em:description>Extended Cookie Manager - Automatically delete unwanted cookies</em:description>
<em:creator>Dan Yamaoka</em:creator>
<em:contributor>Thomas Bertels [fr-FR]</em:contributor>
<em:contributor>eXtenZilla.it [it-IT]</em:contributor>
<em:contributor>Willy Young [zh-TW]</em:contributor>
<em:contributor>Tjaard de Vries [nl-NL]</em:contributor>
<em:contributor>Norah [ja-JP]</em:contributor>
<em:contributor>Proyecto Nave [es-ES]</em:contributor>
<em:contributor>dAvit Smehlik [cs-CZ]</em:contributor>
<em:homepageURL>http://cookieculler.mozdev.org/</em:homepageURL>;
<em:optionsURL>chrome://cookieculler/content/CookieCullerOptions.xul</em:optionsURL>
<em:iconURL>chrome://cookieculler/skin/cookieculler.png</em:iconURL>

<em:file>
<Description about="urn:mozilla:extension:file:cookieculler.jar">
<emtongue sticking out smileyackage>content/cookieculler/</emtongue sticking out smileyackage>
<emconfused smileykin>skin/classic/cookieculler/</emconfused smileykin>
<em:locale>locale/en-US/cookieculler/</em:locale>
<em:locale>locale/fr-FR/cookieculler/</em:locale>
<em:locale>locale/it-IT/cookieculler/</em:locale>
<em:locale>locale/zh-TW/cookieculler/</em:locale>
<em:locale>locale/nl-NL/cookieculler/</em:locale>
<em:locale>locale/ja-JP/cookieculler/</em:locale>
<em:locale>locale/es-ES/cookieculler/</em:locale>
<em:locale>locale/cs-CZ/cookieculler/</em:locale>
</Description>
</em:file>

<Description>
<em:id>{ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}</em:id>
<em:minVersion>3.0</em:minVersion>
<em:maxVersion>3.6.*</em:maxVersion>
</Description>

<Description>
<em:id>{86c18b42-e466-45a9-ae7a-9b95ba6f5640}</em:id>
<em:minVersion>1.7</em:minVersion>
<em:maxVersion>1.8</em:maxVersion>
</Description>

<Description>
<!--K-Meleon-->
</Description>

</Description>

</RDF>

Just add thay update install.rdf to {99B98C2C-7274-45a3-A640-D9DF1A1C8460}.xpi and copy the new extesnion to your profile folder,

Do not forgiot to add cookieculler.kmm to macros and cookieculler.bmp to skins unser default folder from the CookieCuller Extension from K-Meleon Extrnsions Central

Makes sure to delete StarupCache from profile folder it sometimes prevents enabing extensions with edited install.rdf files.

Date: August 20, 2014 06:50PM

Thanks George for more information and help ... this will probably take some time on my part going step by step and going over everything. I hope some others are also interested and following your help and instructions.

If anyone else is also trying this, please post if you had success.

It may be awhile till I post back unless I have a question. I have some running around to do today.

thanks ...

Date: August 20, 2014 08:35PM

George ... I changed my plans a little and decided to work on this with the new information you provided. I have started from the beginning going step by step from what you posted yesterday. I think I found one mistake I made ... I want to double check ... you said today ...

"Do not forgot to add cookieculler.kmm to macros and cookieculler.bmp to skins user default folder from the CookieCuller Extension from K-Meleon Extensions Central"

So to be clear ... I only add those two items from the CCuller download ... in the folder are also a "chrome" and "kmextensions" folder. I also added those yesterday ... everything that was in the folder like I did with KM v1.6 ... but now I don't need those two folders, only the "macros" and "skins" folder are added from the CCuller download?

I think I have this correct today but not yesterday.

New Problem ...

From your post: Just add that update install.rdf to {99B98C2C-7274-45a3-A640-D9DF1A1C8460}.xpi and copy the new extesnion to your profile folder.

OK ... I am stuck with this step. How do I add the "update install.rdf" to {99B98C2C-7274-45a3-A640-D9DF1A1C8460}.xpi ?

When I try to open {99B98C2C-7274-45a3-A640-D9DF1A1C8460}.xpi to add the update I get a box saying: This file is not a valid text file. It may be a binary file. There are a few extra words asking "Yes or No".

So I am stopped at this point.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2014 09:06PM by callahan.

Posted by: THX1138
Date: August 20, 2014 10:04PM

When I try to open {99B98C2C-7274-45a3-A640-D9DF1A1C8460}.xpi to add the update I get a box saying: This file is not a valid text file.

An .xpi file is a .zip file with an .xpi extension, isn't it? You can unzip it with 7-zip I think.

Date: August 20, 2014 10:17PM

I am on Google now reading about .xpi files and how to update. I saw a paragraph to just change the .xpi ext to .zip and then I opened the .zip file but is that where I put all the code from the earlier post ... just drop it in the folder as a text and then rename the file back to .xpi ? This doesn't seem like it's right.

Date: August 21, 2014 08:57AM

callahan
George ... I changed my plans a little and decided to work on this with the new information you provided. I have started from the beginning going step by step from what you posted yesterday. I think I found one mistake I made ... I want to double check ... you said today ...

"Do not forgot to add cookieculler.kmm to macros and cookieculler.bmp to skins user default folder from the CookieCuller Extension from K-Meleon Extensions Central"

So to be clear ... I only add those two items from the CCuller download ... in the folder are also a "chrome" and "kmextensions" folder. I also added those yesterday ... everything that was in the folder like I did with KM v1.6 ... but now I don't need those two folders, only the "macros" and "skins" folder are added from the CCuller download?

I think I have this correct today but not yesterday.

New Problem ...

From your post: Just add that update install.rdf to {99B98C2C-7274-45a3-A640-D9DF1A1C8460}.xpi and copy the new extesnion to your profile folder.

OK ... I am stuck with this step. How do I add the "update install.rdf" to {99B98C2C-7274-45a3-A640-D9DF1A1C8460}.xpi ?

When I try to open {99B98C2C-7274-45a3-A640-D9DF1A1C8460}.xpi to add the update I get a box saying: This file is not a valid text file. It may be a binary file. There are a few extra words asking "Yes or No".

So I am stopped at this point.[/quote

Rename {99B98C2C-7274-45a3-A640-D9DF1A1C8460}.xpi to {99B98C2C-7274-45a3-A640-D9DF1A1C8460}.zip.

You can open with Windows {99B98C2C-7274-45a3-A640-D9DF1A1C8460}.zip. To add the new isntall.rd. I woud delere the older instsll.rd from the zip file before copying the undate install.rd into {99B98C2C-7274-45a3-A640-D9DF1A1C8460}.zip

Becsuae replacing a file into compressed zip folder with windows can sometimes corrupt the ZIp file unless you delete the file you want to replace first from the compressed zip folder.

After the file is replaced, rename {99B98C2C-7274-45a3-A640-D9DF1A1C8460}.zip
to {99B98C2C-7274-45a3-A640-D9DF1A1C8460}.xpi and copy it to the extensions folder in your profile folder.

Also you only need the icon and macro form the CokieCuller Extrnsion from K-Meleon Extensions Central.

Date: August 21, 2014 12:32PM

OK ... I have completed all the steps and rechecked everything and just tried KM v1.8 with CCuller installed and it doesn't work. Everything is as before, if I close KM v1.8, it does not show as still being open but when I open KM v1.6 ... KM v1.8 opens. I can only close KM v1.8 using CCleaner to force it to close.

I will let this go for now ... I don't need to have CCuller in this version ... I was very happy to get the User Agent problem fixed and the cookies are still cleaned when I shut the KM browser down with the setting. This will all work, just happy to have a better updated browser.

I will watch for any more information on the CCuller subject.

I appreciate your help ... it has been another learning experience dealing with .xpi files ... all interesting stuff.

thanks ...

Date: August 21, 2014 08:52PM

callahan
OK ... I have completed all the steps and rechecked everything and just tried KM v1.8 with CCuller installed and it doesn't work. Everything is as before, if I close KM v1.8, it does not show as still being open but when I open KM v1.6 ... KM v1.8 opens. I can only close KM v1.8 using CCleaner to force it to close.

I will let this go for now ... I don't need to have CCuller in this version ... I was very happy to get the User Agent problem fixed and the cookies are still cleaned when I shut the KM browser down with the setting. This will all work, just happy to have a better updated browser.

I will watch for any more information on the CCuller subject.

I appreciate your help ... it has been another learning experience dealing with .xpi files ... all interesting stuff.

thanks ...

I was able to make it work with K-Meeleon 1.8.24 build 22

Following should be done to make it work:

1. Downlaod cookieculler-1.4-fx+mz.xpi and cookieculler+button.7z

2. Make a copy of cookieculler-1.4-fx+mz.xpi and rename it to {99B98C2C-7274-45a3-A640-D9DF1A1C8460}.zip

3. Extract install.rdf from cookieculler-1.4-fx+mz.xpi and add

<Description>
<!--K-Meleon-->
</Description>

to the exttacted install.rdf

If you mess up updating the install.rdf the Add-on will not work.

5. Your then delete the install.rdf from {99B98C2C-7274-45a3-A640-D9DF1A1C8460}.zip before you replace it with uodated instal.rdf to prevent corruoting the archive.

6. Copy the new install.rdf into {99B98C2C-7274-45a3-A640-D9DF1A1C8460}.zip
with windows. Winsows XP-8 can open and change zip files on its own.

7. {99B98C2C-7274-45a3-A640-D9DF1A1C8460}.zip rename {99B98C2C-7274-45a3-A640-D9DF1A1C8460}.xpi and copy to the your K-Mleoen User Frofile Folder insto the entensions folder created by us.

8 Extract macro and skins from cookieculler+button.7z from K-Meleon Extensions
into K-Meleon Root Folder.

0. Delete startupCache from the profike folder just in case it prevents enabling CookieColler Add-On

10. Start K-Meleon 1.8.24 Bulld 21. and the extension should work unless you have earlier version of K-Meleon 1.8 that does not suport the Add-on Manager.

Posted by: guenter
Date: August 21, 2014 09:26PM

In the hope that it helps and I do not cause extra work again.

Best use 7z from http://sourceforge.net/projects/sevenzip/ for packing/unpacking.

The latest version supports e.g. xpi & ja.

Assosiate xpi with it and also jar/ja. That makes it easier later.

All three are zip files with an altenative extension name.

When You unpack, always check whether You can/want to use extract here or extract to folder. Look into the archive and have a guess. tongue sticking out smiley

With the later choice You have to go inside the folder and repack from there.

If it something does not work after unpacking and repacking You usually used the wrong option. All learn that the hard way. confused smiley Or the packer had a glitch and You merely must do it again.

All xpi, that I encountered so far, had to be unpacked here and later packed to {same number or name (which is IMHO = em:id)}.xpi. Best unpack to a folder and repack when inside the folder to {same number or name}.xpi. If You do not use an extra folder for the jobs.

The same for omni.ja or chrome *.jar.

All chrome filename.jar/ja I encountered so far had to be be unpacked "here" and added to *.jar when I wanted to repack them with my changes. Usually I work in an extra folder or (usued with big jars where I have lots to delete after finishing or when a name duplicates like chrome would otherwise happen). Here I repacked inside the folder unpacked.jar. 7z volunteers as default "unpacked.jar" and one later copies the resulting jar out into the used folder again.

p.s. My best results when adding an extension to a location (there are three possibly?) were made so far at the folder/location: used profile/extensions.

With adding extension I have got more good results when I used the unpacked folder. This must bare the same name that is used in the install.rtf "em:id="trackerwatcher@privacychoice.org" value. In this case not a number but the folder or xpi gets the name "trackerwatcher@privacychoice.org(.xpi)". And I placed them there after adding K-Meleon's "em:id" (long number now) as traget app into used install.rdf.

When adding packed as xpi, prepared in the way You two and talked about, some (most so far) were not accepeted and installed but deleted instead.sad smiley

So far only one extension could not be installed either way. I did not manage to repair a malformed install.rtf.

With some extensions I had too fix chrome or js issues. Usually by commenting out items that caused an error. I do not know enough JS to fix anything. grinning smiley

Date: August 21, 2014 10:17PM

OK ... thanks for more information. I will work with it and see what happens.

Thanks George and guenter.

Posted by: siria
Date: August 22, 2014 12:46AM

George Hall
8 Extract macro and skins from cookieculler+button.7z from K-Meleon Extensions into K-Meleon Root Folder.
As always make sure to maintain the same folder structure as in the zipped file.
kmm-files go into "k-meleon/macros" folder, and the bmp-image into "k-meleon/skins/default" folder.

Extensions installing
Date: August 22, 2014 02:13AM

No idea into which K-Meleon version You guys plan to install.

I just noticed a possible/future problem if it is not the current 1.8:

George Hall

3. Extract install.rdf from cookieculler-1.4-fx+mz.xpi and add

<Description>
<!--K-Meleon-->
</Description>

to the exttacted install.

And I am not sure whether You have noticed the ID info from

http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/forum/read.php?8,128577,128717#msg-128717

already?

For RC / last update the core dev has changed the ID.

Dorian
Kmeleon id is now {944df56f-c0ec-4d7b-94b6-f625c8cc96ea}

So <em:id>kmeleon@ </em:id> should be IMHO be the number

em:id>944df56f-c0ec-4d7b-94b6-f625c8cc96ea}</em:id> for that

release's install.rdf and for future devrivates of it.

But for all earlier versions such as the current 18s it is as You write.

Greetings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2014 02:22AM by guenter.

Date: August 22, 2014 02:19AM

George ... Just finished with what you posted today and it is not working for me.

Guenter ... downloaded the latest version (Beta) of 7-Zip ... I was using FreeZip before.

siria ... have those two items correct.

As I said earlier, we can just let this go for now. If someone else is also following these posted directions and you have CCuller working in KM v1.8, I'd like to hear about it ... we would all like to hear about it.

thanks ...

Cookie Culler for K-Meleon 74 Variants
Date: August 22, 2014 03:50AM

callahan

Guenter ... downloaded the latest version (Beta) of 7-Zip ... I was using FreeZip before.

As I said earlier, we can just let this go for now. If someone else is also following these posted directions and you have CCuller working in KM v1.8, I'd like to hear about it ... we would all like to hear about it.

a.) Many here use 7z and it is used to exchange files. Good compression.

Make sure that You pack as zip not 7z when You compress files like ja/jar/xpi
that must be red by K-Meleon/GRE.

b.) No I normally test in another version. And not in the newest but in one where I already have installed extensions with success. grinning smiley

But CC including skin button worked with 1.8.24 too.

1.) I use a nightly firefox to download and install FF extensions.

2.) Got and extracted Cookie Culler 1.4 from 2010 from Mozilla Extension Page. Then I edited install.rdf. That happened in:
F:/profiles/Homer/APDATA/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/663y07wf.default/extensions/{99B98C2C-7274-45a3-A640-D9DF1A1C8460}

No idea what Windows You have or where Your files are.

I use custom names unique to my system. XP SP3.

3.) Got and extracted Cookie Culler plus macros from K-Meleon Extensions Page. Chrome and other files there are pretty old and either for older K-Meleon/GRE versions or *.ini for the automated installer but I needed the kmm.

4.) Copied the extraced folder {99B98C2C-7274-45a3-A640-D9DF1A1C8460} with edited install.rtf to:

E:/K-Meleon74.b4/profiles/prj8nivd.default/extensions/{99B98C2C-7274-45a3-A640-D9DF1A1C8460}

Means my K-Meleon is a portable app with profile in the install folder on e:/

As I mentioend I had the best results with unpacked not packed extensions.

5.) Started K-Meleon, went to URL about:addons to see whether the extension had installed. Shut it down.

6.) Copied macro to E:/K-Meleon74.b4/macros/cookieculler.kmm und re-started the browser.

7.) Looked whether called chrome interface showed but did not test much.
Cannot fix it anyhow.tongue sticking out smiley

8.) Packed and uploaded all.

9.) cookieculler.7z contains the 74.b4 tested macro that would go to /macros after extraction. It is the alternative to the other macro with the same name.

Contains only the kmm/macro -> Macros. {99B98C2C-7274-45a3-A640-D9DF1A1C8460} comes from the other archive and goes where discribed there.

10.) cookieculler+button.7z contains the 1.8.24 tested macro, skin button and extension.

Contains 3 folders when extracted:

Skins -> Skins, copy job

macros -> macros, alternative to the other kmm, copy job

{99B98C2C-7274-45a3-A640-D9DF1A1C8460} -> "Your used profile"/extensions/{99B98C2C-7274-45a3-A640-D9DF1A1C8460} , copy job

Search the location of Your used profile and copy it there.

Also look how I prepared all = folder structure. What files and folders are inside.

I personally learn better when I can retro-engenier things I can inspect.

I do not understand explenations well neither can I write them well.

mfG

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2014 12:47PM by guenter.

Attachments: cookieculler+button.7z (29 KB)   cookieculler.7z (569 bytes)  
Re: Cookie Culler for K-Meleon 74 Variants
Date: August 22, 2014 04:45PM

OK ... thanks guenter for your last post. Everything is working ... CookieCuller is working properly. I was able to discover one mistake that I was making ... I was putting the "extensions" folder in my Profiles folder and not in the profiles default folder inside the Profiles folder. I didn't catch that.

When you posted the path I could see my mistake that I didn't go "far enough" to place the extension folder. I just thought it needed to be in the Profiles folder.

E:/K-Meleon74.b4/profiles/prj8nivd.default/extensions/{99B98C2C-7274-45a3-A640-D9DF1A1C8460}

Also you said this ... "As I mentioend I had the best results with unpacked not packed extensions." ... maybe that also makes a difference for me, I don't know.

I have Windows XP SP3 also. I have tested everything several times and KM shuts down completely and cookies are deleted with no problem.

Thanks for the help from all, George Hall, guenter and siria and others ... it takes awhile for things to "sink in" or become clear as I discover little mistakes here and there.

Just to also add, you didn't mention it ... I don't think you did but George also said to do this last step, which I did.

"Makes sure to delete StarupCache from profile folder it sometimes prevents enabing extensions with edited install.rdf files."

All is well !

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2014 05:11PM by callahan.

Date: August 22, 2014 07:12PM

callahan
OK ... thanks guenter for your last post. Everything is working ... CookieCuller is working properly. I was able to discover one mistake that I was making ... I was putting the "extensions" folder in my Profiles folder and not in the profiles default folder inside the Profiles folder. I didn't catch that.

... snip

"Makes sure to delete StarupCache from profile folder it sometimes prevents enabing extensions with edited install.rdf files."

All is well !

1.) Good.

F:/Profile/"User Name"/APPDATA/K-meleon/extensions should be a ligitimate place also.

Because F:/Profile/Homer/Anwendungsdaten/Mozilla/Extensions has been created by a firefox extensions installer. Custom folder name for more info consult link:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profiles-where-firefox-stores-user-data

2.) I did not have to delete that folder yet. Not with thís or another extension.

But I would not rule out the possibility or that it was needed in the not so distant past. IMHO naruman fixed or created this a while ago. That is how I red one of his older posts.

Call the error console and read the messages. You will find

LOG addons.xpi: checkForChanges...

LOG addons.xpi-utils: Opening database...

LOG addons.xpi-utils: Writing add-ons list...

The read outs shows that xpi-utils check the first location and find an error.

LOG addons.xpi: Ignoring file entry whose name is not a valid add-on ID: F:\K-Meleon74RCC\Profiles\zt6xrc38.default\extensions\install.rdf

( that install.rdf contains the example entry for K-Meleon 74 tongue sticking out smiley )

The read-out also shows that 2 other locations are checked in vain.

LOG addons.xpi: Skipping unavailable install location app-system-local

LOG addons.xpi: Skipping unavailable install location app-system-share

I do not know yet what they stand for. p.s. I tried all the places that I could imagine. No idea yet what they locations stand for or how they can be used.

3.) All is well = Cool. That is the intent of this forum and its posts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2014 08:37PM by guenter.

Date: August 25, 2014 10:22PM

This post is sort of for JamesD but anyone else could also have some input. I was using JamesD's KM v1.6 for some time and every so often KM would freeze up ... I might have several tabs open and I couldn't go anywhere. Would have to close everything down and some stuff would be lost. It could be something just related to my computer setup, not really sure.

I tried to look around for any information on his version ... if others were also having this problem. There so many areas or much to search, I never found anything.

Sometimes it wouldn't happen for days or weeks and then sometimes it might happen 3 or 4 times in one day.

I am hoping with this new KM 1.8 version that maybe that won't happen anymore ... so far it has not.

Just was wondering if anyone knows for sure what might be causing that to happen with KM v1.6 ?

thanks ...

Posted by: JamesD
Date: August 26, 2014 07:10AM

I really don't have a clue. The engine in the 1.6 beta 2.6 is very old and I put together bits and pieces from many places. I have now stopped using it because so many sites have code that require a more modern engine.

I don't remember that I had any problem with it freezing but I run with javascript off except for sites I trust. A long running script might stop the browser. I am not a developer. I just like to tinker with stuff.

Date: August 26, 2014 09:48AM

OK James ... thought I would just ask. As I said earlier, it could be my computer setup ... like you, I also mostly always have Javascript off ... just turn it on when needed.

I also run Proxomitron and NetPerSec ... perhaps there is a conflict there sometimes. I could never figure out what might trigger it, like I said ... days or weeks could go by and nothing and then two or three freezes in a few hours.

Just another "Mystery of the Ocean" I guess.

Thanks ...

Re: K-Meleon 1.8.0 Development
Posted by: dugbugoffice
Date: September 11, 2014 01:41PM

I have a newer version of KMFILES for the newer K-Meleon types.

It's a kit for K-Meleon new skins macro settings etc.

If there is a bug let me know.

A new day for K-Meleon KMFILES.
There are new options on the skins
now. The delete option has been changed
and there are settings to turn off Java and
Java script now.

There is now a KMFILES-OLD for 1.5 to 1.7 with options.
And a KMFILES-NEW for the latest types of K-Meleon.

Most of the changes is on the changing of KMFILES for
the latest K-Meleon and more to the skins also added files
for K-Meleon 1.7 fixing the history and a bug.
Download KMFILES and listen to K-Meleon at:
http://www.angelfire.com/bug/dugbuglas2/Download.html

Posted by: c-sanchez
Date: September 14, 2014 09:39AM

Hi, I have some doubts, curiosities.

K-Meleon 1.8.x is based on K-Meleon 74.x?
K-Meleon 1.8.x/74.x are based on what version number of Firefox engine?

which is the build more recent of K-Meleon 1.8.x?
The version I use is currently K-Meleon 1.8.24 Build identifier: 20140505182422

I must say I like how it works K-Meleon 1.8.x, works much smoother than K-Meleon 74.x.

Date: September 14, 2014 02:36PM

c-sanchez
Hi, I have some doubts, curiosities.

K-Meleon 1.8.x is based on K-Meleon 74.x?
K-Meleon 1.8.x/74.x are based on what version number of Firefox engine?

which is the build more recent of K-Meleon 1.8.x?
The version I use is currently K-Meleon 1.8.24 Build identifier: 20140505182422

I must say I like how it works K-Meleon 1.8.x, works much smoother than K-Meleon 74.x.

Right click and view properties of the exe. It says 74 internally.
They AFAIK use the same code more or less.

You look into ./k-emelon/platform.ini to find out exact GRE build version.

There are versions that are based on ESR 24.x. That has a stable code basis for long and it will be next official.

RC 2 has

[Build]
BuildID=20140803202131
Milestone=24.7.0
SourceStamp=bce71a749a08
SourceRepository=http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-esr24

And there are versions that have higher GRE numbers like 25 or even 30.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2014 02:41PM by guenter.

Posted by: adodupan
Date: September 14, 2014 03:16PM

c-sanchez
I have some doubts, curiosities.

1.8 was never intended to be 'some fork' or 'some variation', and definitely, 1.8 is not 'some test version' (thx for descriptions).
1.8 is just a package with fixes (and some small changes and improvements).
I started 1.8 topic as a response to Dorian's request here.

Dorian
We should make a list of what still doesn't work in the wiki, and of your fixes. It's difficult to find them in the forum.

I don't know about wiki, development forum is just fine.
1.8 is different just because some fixes are not ported in official km. This was all about 1.8, i only want a better km, not two of them.

Regards to all

Posted by: siria
Date: September 14, 2014 04:59PM

adodupan
1.8 was never intended to be 'some fork' or 'some variation', and definitely, 1.8 is not 'some test version' (thx for descriptions).

Thanks for clarification smiling smiley
So the politically correct designation may be "package similar 74 with fixes and small improvements"... and rather demo than test... or such. But c'mon, for the average user (like me) that's rather semantics *duckandrun* grinning smiley

What I do take along from this now is that it's really only a temporary uh... non-fork, what I had started wondering lately.

Date: September 14, 2014 05:33PM

I do not see here 'average' users like you :)

Date: September 14, 2014 07:09PM

adodupan
c-sanchez
I have some doubts, curiosities.

I started 1.8 topic as a response to Dorian's request here.

Don't split hairs!

IMHO it definitely is not "some fork" but it certainly is "some test version". grinning smiley
But not of the core (because that is done and tested by Dorian, I noticed that you asked him whether some core code was already commited to the CVS smiling smiley).

1.8.x show cases and tests Your work - so that what is better can be merged into a future main version. I noticed some fixes that must have come here because You used them first.

BTW. Did You find out what prevents my translation for Your chrome fixes and improvments to work?

I asked You in announcments and posted the de.jar... Or did You overlook my question?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2014 07:27PM by guenter.

Posted by: c-sanchez
Date: September 15, 2014 12:39AM

guenter
Right click and view properties of the exe. It says 74 internally.
They AFAIK use the same code more or less.

You look into ./k-emelon/platform.ini to find out exact GRE build version.
Thank you very much for the clarification.

adodupan
I never saw K-Meleon 1.8 as a "fork", in fact, for me it is a "K- Meleon 74 with best configurations" tongue sticking out smiley

Now I wonder if there will be a "K- Meleon 74 rc2 with adodupan improvements"

adodupan
1.8 is different just because some fixes are not ported in official km. This was all about 1.8, i only want a better km, not two of them.
I completely agree.
I, and apparently everyone thinks alike, that the best would be a fusion of your work with the work of Dorian.

I should also clarify, I do not disparagement the work of Dorian, which is excellent, as I said, a merger seems to give a better K-Meleon.

Date: September 15, 2014 12:39AM

guenter, read my reply again, and do what i wrote there.

Pages: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.