Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
One more try !
Posted by: KMfan1
Date: November 27, 2013 05:47PM

Ok. I will give KM one more try. I said that "KM IS DEAD" but i will give it one more chance. I respect the work you are doing here, but i must say a few things:

1. KM is much heavier than the previous 1.6 and 1.7.
2. It looks like Firefox now. I have a plugin-container, flashplayer services. This is way i hate Firefox. Why can it be only ONE process (k-melon.exe) ?
3. Adblock is not working. I really need Adblock. No NoScript or other. Why does not work?

Once again i really respect your work. K-melon was my main browser for many years. I use it even today (1.7db+), but as i said, some sites do not display and, if displayed, i can't do what i need to do on them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: One more try !
Posted by: rodocop
Date: November 27, 2013 06:06PM

KMfan1
1. KM is much heavier than the previous 1.6 and 1.7.

Yes. The new Gecko engine is less compact and thus more powerful.

KMfan1
2. It looks like Firefox now. I have a plugin-container, flashplayer services. This is way i hate Firefox. Why can it be only ONE process (k-melon.exe) ?
It doesn't look like FF at work. Only in Task Manager. That's the price we pay for new compatibility too.

KMfan1
3. Adblock is not working. I really need Adblock. No NoScript or other. Why does not work?
Once again i really respect your work. K-melon was my main browser for many years. I use it even today (1.7db+), but as i said, some sites do not display and, if displayed, i can't do what i need to do on them.

AdBlock wasn't working already in 1.7. We need some work from its author, Wladimir Palant. And also I think subj could be adapted to new KM without creating new dll by author, but with some KMM-work. Some able xul-master needed to do this job.
So you have a good chance to get working AdBlock in some not very distant future ;-)

Posted by: dugbugoffice3
Date: January 26, 2014 04:20AM

I have versions that might be better than norm.
It has NoScript! The NS version!
And I do have a FireFox3 profile replacement.

http://www.angelfire.com/bug/dugbuglas2/Download.html

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2014 04:35AM by dugbugoffice3.

Posted by: dugbugoffice3
Date: January 26, 2014 04:34AM

K-Meleon is old and the Internet changed on it!

Most bugs on the old K-Melon types is the lack
of HTML5 ability. That can't be fixed.

But you can change your user agent.
Yahoo had a bug that was only fixed by changing the
agent to:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.0; rv:1.9.1.11) Gecko/20100701 Firefox/3.68

You might try that.

Posted by: Jody Thornton
Date: May 15, 2014 11:32AM

But why can't the new Gecko builds of KM 74 utilize HTML5? Would there not be compatibility improved there? How can you progress without HTML5 ability? That seems to be where the web is going if you ask me.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: May 15, 2014 11:50AM

@ Jody

I think the KM 74 beta 3 is using the same Xulrunner engine as FF 24. Most websites will be OK with it. Some sites are very picky about the user agent the browser sends. In those cases it sometimes helps to use the FF 24 esr user agent. User Agent menu is under the tools menu.

There are two updates to beta 3 which need to used for best results.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.