Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Сache Fixer
Posted by: Alex.Tarantul
Date: December 01, 2009 03:37PM

Colleagues, whether you can test work of a browser with that key? browser.cache.disk.cache_fixer_debug (logical). Value of a key - true
Now at me at emergency end of work of the computer the browser cache is not nulled at restart. Confuses only that at some acquaintances the cache is all the same nulled. And how the situation at you will be? In general someone has reasons on this theme?
For the detailed information look discussion at Russian forum here:
http://forum.mozilla-russia.org/viewtopic.php?pid=314960#p314960

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Сache Fixer
Posted by: kko
Date: December 01, 2009 06:25PM

browser.cache.disk.cache_fixer_debug seems to be a pref of the Cache Fixer Add-On. I guess, this pref won't have any effect without that extension...

Date: December 01, 2009 07:01PM

@kko
You are mistaken smiling smiley Yes, I took this key from the expansion specified by you, but it works for me! My question just also consists in that that I ask all wishing to check up work of a browser with this key! At me it protects a cache effectively. And at several friends of such effect is not present. Here I also wish to understand with your help!

Posted by: siria
Date: December 01, 2009 07:47PM

I would test it on my machine, but no idea how...
Because I never delete my cache at restart.
And there are so many options. Did you compare those with your collegues?

F2 / Network / Cache
Tools / Privacy / Clear Data / Clear automatically

I suppose those are combined here:
about:config
filter word cache

Date: December 02, 2009 02:21AM

@siria
Open K-Meleon, add that key in about:config, and after several minutes of work in the Internet hit RESET button on your computer. After restart see your K-Meleon cache. At my computer the cache remains untouched, and at some is nulled.

Posted by: guenter
Date: December 02, 2009 05:40AM

Cool!

Alex.Tarantul
Open K-Meleon, add that key in about:config, and after several minutes of work in the Internet hit RESET button on your computer. After restart see your K-Meleon cache. At my computer the cache remains untouched, and at some is nulled.

Alex - maybe also post in extension forum to advertise Your new extensions.

Date: December 02, 2009 06:38AM

@guenter
Your response "COOL" means that the key specified by me really on your computer protects a browser cache at sudden emergency end of work? If yes, if the key really works for you, I certainly will write to a forum that all users knew. By the way, in Russian build K-Meleon Pro this key already is applied some months.
@all
Somebody else tried that key? The statistics and if there will be negative results is necessary to me - too let to me know about it!

Posted by: guenter
Date: December 02, 2009 12:04PM

Cool?

Cool^2 smiling smiley

I much appreciate that You take the time to post new findings from K-Meleon RU in this international forums - thank You (spassibo - spelling = German letters sound-transcription).

IMHO it is also a cool find - I am going to try it.

My initial assumptions were: You already verified that it relies on a feature already present in all Gecko engines & not only in those using a toolkit back-end (firefox and 1.9 branch).

And that it is only not activated by default. greetings from ahnnover

p.s. there is no harm but only much potential

profit in trying it.

Date: December 03, 2009 02:20AM

ОК, let's test work of a browser with this key. It is important, because I know both positive and negative results.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.