Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Building on VS2008 Pro. error LNK1257
Posted by: dearste
Date: March 26, 2011 02:38PM

I, i try to build 1.5 on VS2008. The History plugin gives me this error:
fatal error LNK1257: code generation failed history history.
How can I fix it?

Thx.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2011 12:05AM by desga2.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Building on VS2008 Pro. error LNK1257
Posted by: guenter
Date: March 29, 2011 07:01PM

Any error that came with it?

Such as: fatal error C1047 object or lib file generated with an older compiler?

The problem is AFAIK that You cannot compile the needed Mozilla SDK Libs with VC 9. Mozilla Gecko Rendering Engine 1.8.x can be AFAIK compiled with VC 6 (SeaMonkey.org used that compiler), VC7.1 (Dorian @ K-Meleon.org used that compiler) and VC8 (Kairo's SeaMonkey tinderbox with MS VC 2005). Building GRE 1.8.x with VC9 was not supported by Mozilla.org and I do not know of any instruction how too build with it.

The SDK that comes with Dorian's 1.5b handout is AFAIK generated with VC 7.1.

What can You do now?

I uploaded a Mozilla SDK for GRE 1.9.1.x (that can be used to build for current K-Meleon 1.6beta). It was build with VC9. It is at dhost.info. There You will also find a GRE 1.9.1.17 compiled with VC9.

Building K-Meleon 1.6beta sources (which are VC8 adapted source except for the project files) with target: K-Meleon.exe and kplugins is possible with VC9. You must change some items that are not consistent but it is not very much to change. Missing paths and compiler options in the "*.vcproj" files mostly, these file are not updated to VC 8.

I recently tried to build 1.6beta with VC9 and succeeded for version win32 release ( with much help & counsel / I do not know how to build VC Projects).

My exe was unstable however. sad smiley

You can download a Gnu Tarball of the 1.6beta Source via the CVS Page.

Or log into the CVS

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@kmeleon.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/kmeleon login

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@kmeleon.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/kmeleon co -P modulename

Or look for more info from the CVS entry page.

Greetings to IT from De

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2011 09:13PM by guenter.

Options: ReplyQuote

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.