Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
K-Meleon 1.7 Alpha Development
Posted by: ndebord
Date: December 30, 2010 05:14AM

Would like to see this type of subject line made a sticky as it was for Km 1.6.

Anyone care to list bugs? fixes? improvements?

<VBG>

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2010 05:15AM by ndebord.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Meleon 1.7 Alpha Development
Posted by: JamesD
Date: December 30, 2010 07:11PM

Good idea to have thread for KM 1.7 a2 development issues.

I had issue with Policy Manager. see http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?8,113496,113553#msg-113553

Posted by: guenter
Date: December 30, 2010 07:36PM

JamesD
I had issue with Policy Manager. see http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?8,113496,113553#msg-113553

Not all Chrome seems identical. If You copy a unaltered 1.6 chrome to 1.7 You find a number of css errors.

Can someone activate "Display Toolband Background". I have had some bad crashes with ones of the supplied exes and wonder whether it can be replicated.

All wallet items are missing - so no password saving...
I tried with with wallet files from 1.7.a but no luck.

No idea what is planed but until the devs say otherwise IMHO the few that test should concentrate on 1.6.

Date: December 30, 2010 10:02PM

guenter
Can someone activate "Display Toolband Background". I have had some bad crashes with ones of the supplied exes and wonder whether it can be replicated.

Is 'Toolband' the same as Toolbar background? If so, then it works for me. I use a modified Klassic skin with a different background from the one shipped with KM.

If 'Toolband' is different, then I need more explanation in order to test.

K-Meleon1.7a2.7z (8,127,205 bytes)

Posted by: siria
Date: December 30, 2010 10:35PM

My personal skin looks exactly the same as in KM154 + 16 smiling smiley
The timing for this version was very cool, exactly when I needed a KM1.7 to test and play a bit with some cool new gecko1.9.2 settings, it came along grinning smiley
First it looked a bit like a miracle, running fine as if it were a snap to just exchange the gecko version in KM16beta and all is fine, but that would have been to good to be true :cool: Quickly noticed there's the wrong context menu for about:config, so cannot add new prefs, and so was quickly back to 16beta ;-)

K-Meleon 1.7.0 Alpha Development
Posted by: jsnj
Date: December 31, 2010 01:24AM

Post preliminary bugs & requests in this thread.

- Links to download can be found here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/kmeleon/files/k-meleon-dev/1.7.0a2/

- More info about KM 1.7 development and download links:
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/kmeleon17

Re: K-Meleon 1.7.0 Alpha Development
Date: December 31, 2010 01:28AM

JS macros (Links, Linked Images, Images, Feed Subscribe, Readable, Readability etc...) don't work for some reason. They work in v1.7a1
*Update: The problem is injectJS. Using open works.

From the Wiki page:
  • Bookmarks plugins doesn't yet support alpha transparency, and I don't think it will in this release.

Alpha-transparent bookmarks.bmp & favorites.bmp are both recognized and appear correctly for me.

Date: December 31, 2010 09:31AM

JamesD
guenter

Is 'Toolband' the same as Toolbar background? If so, then it works for me. I use a modified Klassic skin with a different background from the one shipped with KM.

Yes My typo. Sorry.

Here all works for Klassic (which is with magic pink) , and 16pxAura skin but not for the 24pix Aura skin that is default.

With that skin I have either crashes or weird optical effects, when I use a custom or the default back.bmp.

p.s. With the exe called "k-meleon_original.exe" all is normal=no problems.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2010 11:42AM by guenter.

Date: December 31, 2010 03:41PM

guenter
JamesD
guenter

Yes My typo. Sorry.

Here all works for Klassic (which is with magic pink) , and 16pxAura skin but not for the 24pix Aura skin that is default.

With that skin I have either crashes or weird optical effects, when I use a custom or the default back.bmp.

p.s. With the exe called "k-meleon_original.exe" all is normal=no problems.

Guenter,

It seems the transparent thing is a problem with KM 1.7... perhaps we could go to a default of either the Klassic or even the old Phoenity skins until things get sorted out.

On some sites, KM 1.7a2 has problems with scrolling. You can use the bar with your mouse or touchpad, but page up and page down don't always work. I'll try to find a test site to post.

P.S. OK, then, this is a minor issue that has been around for just about forever, in KM 1.5, 1.6, 1.7.

Sometimes when you go to a page, in this case http://www.abcnewsgo.com page up, page down, mouse doesn't work UNTIL you manually do a Ctrl End. What this seems to do is finish loading the entire page and then you can do page up, page down, etc. It is as though something is not loaded completely, even though the status line says ready.

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2010 05:03PM by ndebord.

Date: January 01, 2011 02:27PM

guenter

I am not sure how much I must do to cause a problem. I have put my custom background in the large Aura skin, and opened KM with it. I went to several sites, used tabs, but did not have a failure. I am running on Win 7.

Mine looks like this: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1522294/A_lg_A.jpg

ndebord
Sometimes when you go to a page, in this case http://www.abcnewsgo.com page up, page down, mouse doesn't work UNTIL you manually do a Ctrl End. What this seems to do is finish loading the entire page and then you can do page up, page down, etc. It is as though something is not loaded completely, even though the status line says ready.

I don't understand. The page does not require scrollbars and seems to complete. Did I have to pick one of the stories and go to that page?

Posted by: desga2
Date: January 01, 2011 05:29PM

Happy New Year!

Sorry for the two exes includes in 1.7 alpha2, _original.exe is the KM 1.7.a1 exe file, the other k-meleon.exe have the icons updated with Reshacker (like 1.6 Beta2).
Only chage icons, no other differences in functionality or way to work, only I forget delete k-meleon_original.exe file before package it.

Remember this is an experimental alpha version based in Firefox 3.6 components.
I only like to show that KM can be 80% functional with Firefox 3.6 components (and Gecko 1.9.2).

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2011 05:29PM by desga2.

Date: January 01, 2011 05:46PM

JamesD
guenter

I am not sure how much I must do to cause a problem. I have put my custom background in the large Aura skin, and opened KM with it. I went to several sites, used tabs, but did not have a failure. I am running on Win 7.

Mine looks like this: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1522294/A_lg_A.jpg

ndebord

I don't understand. The page does not require scrollbars and seems to complete. Did I have to pick one of the stories and go to that page?

Just use back.bmp of default skin to crash.
Else back.bmp of custom skin to get weird effects.

Only the resource hacked exe does it on my PC. So... best forget it.

I think ndebord has a small laptop/netbook?

Happy 2011 - 80% or more work is quite good for a mere test with Firefox GRE. smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2011 06:03PM by guenter.

Attachments: error.gif (30.3 KB)  
Date: January 01, 2011 07:36PM

@ ndebord

I see what you mean. I used a smaller screensize to force scrollbars. At first the pageup and pagedown keys did nothing. After I looked at the source and opened some part of that in a new window, the pageup and pagedown keys worked. I do not have an explanation for why the keys do not work when first opened.

Date: January 02, 2011 01:57AM

JamesD
@ ndebord

I see what you mean. I used a smaller screensize to force scrollbars. At first the pageup and pagedown keys did nothing. After I looked at the source and opened some part of that in a new window, the pageup and pagedown keys worked. I do not have an explanation for why the keys do not work when first opened.

JamesD,

I do not have any explanation on why this behavior happens, all I can say is that in some cases (not all by any means) when the status bar says "ready" the page is not truly ready for scrolling using page up, page down and similar keystrokes. However in every case, when you do a Ctrl End, mouse, keyboard and touchpad commands work as they should for scrolling up and down a page. Not a big problem, just weird. However, in all cases, when you click on the scrollbar, it will go up and down, for example, when you are reading a long story.

XP PRO SP3 12.1" Thinkpad, 8megs memory cache, 8megs ramdrive (disk cache).

N

Posted by: nabino
Date: January 02, 2011 10:35AM

Theres a problem with History heres the error.

Posted by: siria
Date: January 02, 2011 10:41AM

ndebord
...in some cases (not all by any means) when the status bar says "ready" the page is not truly ready for scrolling...

That's already quite usual in my KM16beta. I have enabled favicons in tabs and checked that they show a special icon when loading. They often show that symbol long since after the statusbar displays "ready". Have the impression that this happens mostly when images are still loading, but no idea about details.

Date: January 02, 2011 11:57AM

Under the 'mail' button, the item 'Send page as a link' seems to do nothing.

Edit:
@ nabino

There is no history.dat file. It is not being created. That is why you are getting the error.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2011 12:10PM by JamesD.

Posted by: nabino
Date: January 02, 2011 02:02PM

Started with a new profile it should generate the history.dat right? Anyway have generated a new 373 bytes history.dat from the previous version still the same.

The history plugin is loaded and have tried the history.dll from previous builds. Btw on Win XP.

Date: January 02, 2011 03:07PM

JS macros are not working. That means the following don't work.
Mail_SendPageURL{
macroinfo=_("Send a link to the current page by mail");
$JS_doit="location='mailtomoody smileysubject='+encodeURIComponent(title)+'&body='+encodeURIComponent(URL)"; &JS_hndlTop;
}
Mail_SendLinkURL{
macroinfo=_("Send the current link by mail");
$JS_doitLink="j=a.length;location='mailtomoody smileybody='+encodeURIComponent(href)"; &JS_hndlLink;
}
Mail_SendImageURL{
macroinfo=_("Send a link to the current image by mail");
$JS_doitImage="a=false;location='mailtomoody smileysubject='+encodeURIComponent((title)?titlesad smiley(alt)?alt:document.title))+'&body='+encodeURIComponent(src)"; $JS_doitInput=$JS_doitImage; &JS_hndlImage;
}
Mail_SendFrameURL{
macroinfo=_("Send a link to the current frame by mail");
$JS_doit="location='mailtomoody smileysubject='+encodeURIComponent(title)+'&body='+encodeURIComponent(URL)"; &JS_hndlDoc;
}
Mail_SendSelection{
macroinfo=_("Send the selected text by mail");
$JS_doit="if(window.getSelection())location='mailtomoody smileysubject='+encodeURIComponent(title)+'&body='+encodeURIComponent(window.getSelection())"; $SelectedText==""?0:&JS_hndlDoc;
}

Date: January 02, 2011 05:04PM

siria
ndebord
...in some cases (not all by any means) when the status bar says "ready" the page is not truly ready for scrolling...

That's already quite usual in my KM16beta. I have enabled favicons in tabs and checked that they show a special icon when loading. They often show that symbol long since after the statusbar displays "ready". Have the impression that this happens mostly when images are still loading, but no idea about details.

Siria,

Yes, I only have a 12.1 screen, so scrollbars are there all the time...Thanks for the info on actual loading time vs what shows up in the statusbar. Didn't think to ask if the status bar info was totally correct or not.

N

Date: January 02, 2011 06:54PM

@JamesD

See my post in this thread on the 30th.

Date: January 02, 2011 08:36PM

This 1.7.a2 and the previous a1 are IMHO just to give us a preview / feasibility study with a current FireFox GRE.

If You add js_bridge.xpt to either You will see that more privacy and security items
are functional via Preferences Panel.

Non working items are IMHO only those that neither work with a1 nor a2.

For me that is: Typeaheadfind and passwords preview?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2011 09:43PM by guenter.

Date: July 19, 2011 12:12PM

Related to the scrolling problem -- Because I need to zoom font size everywhere, all the time, I notice erratic behavior here. When K-M first opens, Ctrl+mousewheel works fine. Open another tab, and in the new tab it usually doesn't. In each new tab I was forced to use Ctrl+ +, until I realized that switching to a zoomed/zoomable tab and back again makes Ctrl+mousewheel work in the new tab.

A.K.A. Arual the Wyrd

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2011 12:13PM by Matera the Mad.

Date: July 19, 2011 04:12PM

Matera the Mad
...Because I need to zoom font size everywhere, all the time...

Why not: Preferences - Page Display - Default Zoom?

Date: July 20, 2011 04:06AM

Because, my fine-eyed friend, not all webpages are created with the same friggin font size. I'd still have to adjust them. *rolls eyes*

A.K.A. Arual the Wyrd

Date: July 20, 2011 05:14AM

Matera the Mad
Because, my fine-eyed friend, not all webpages are created with the same friggin font size. I'd still have to adjust them. *rolls eyes*

Page Display - Fonts

1.choose your minimum font size along with your preferred font.

2.uncheck allow documents to use other fonts.

Font Toggler extension is a good accompaniment to those settings for the few times you need to see the intended fonts & size.

This setup works well for me and is easier than having to adjust zoom on each page.

Date: August 02, 2011 01:20AM

jsnj,

<<Font Toggler extension is a good accompaniment to those settings for the few times you need to see the intended fonts & size.>>

I see the specs are for beta 1, does it work with beta2 also?

Tks.

N

Date: August 02, 2011 07:43AM

ndebord
jsnj,

<<Font Toggler extension is a good accompaniment to those settings for the few times you need to see the intended fonts & size.>>

Tks.

Yes. I don't know of any extensions that would work with one and not the other.

Date: August 02, 2011 12:54PM

jsnj
ndebord
jsnj,

Tks.

Yes. I don't know of any extensions that would work with one and not the other.

jsnj,

Thanks, all I need to know!

<g>

N

Date: August 18, 2011 06:09AM

jsnj
Matera the Mad

Page Display - Fonts

1.choose your minimum font size along with your preferred font.

2.uncheck allow documents to use other fonts.

Font Toggler extension is a good accompaniment to those settings for the few times you need to see the intended fonts & size.

This setup works well for me and is easier than having to adjust zoom on each page.

I look that dumb.... *shrug*

ETA: Here is an interesting example of what can happen with those "perfect" settings:

A.K.A. Arual the Wyrd

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2011 02:02PM by Matera the Mad.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.