Re: K-Meleon 1.6.0 Beta Development
Posted by: km2
Date: August 15, 2012 09:54AM

why not put a message @ Kmeleon page, like guys from Gimp do..

Posted by: robert
Date: November 05, 2012 08:30PM

where can I find download of kmeleon beta (without zip)?

Posted by: JamesD
Date: November 06, 2012 01:29PM

Beta version ( older now ) with installer is available here:
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/download.php

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Date: November 08, 2012 09:17PM

In this link, when downloading, I can only save, I can not click in open. After clicking in save, nothing happens. I look for in downloads and find nothing.

Date: November 08, 2012 09:45PM

Now I get it. Thanks for the link.

Posted by: localhero
Date: December 20, 2012 07:07AM

Hallo, I am only a user (from Germany) without any programming knowledge.

To me K-meleon is THE BEST browser, becaus it is slim and fast. But as I understand, because the Gecko Engine (I use the term without really knowing what it is) is not going to be updated, it seems I have to say good buy to this wonderful tool.

My question is, is there any chance, that K-Meleon is going to be saved into "the future". It is important for me to know, because sooner or later I need to look for an alternative and get used to it...

Why did the developers quit the work?
I would be grateful for an answer, even I am only a very grateful user. By the way I would donate to make a further development possible.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: December 21, 2012 05:57AM

localhero,
the only chance is if we could find C++ coders to include new Gecko or other engine.

The developers had their reasons to stop working on KM.

Now the only way to enjoy K-Meleon is to use latest builds with all dirty hacks available.

I recommend give a try to KM Twin from my signature. It includes a way to render problem modern pages with Chrome engine.

Next assembly of Twin is in work now.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.