Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
K-M RC1 - Open blank tab
Posted by: logiman
Date: January 04, 2005 01:51AM

I have my tab settings on "Layers Only" and "Always Open in Current." The problem with this is that now when I open a new tab it opens them downloading and displaying the previous layer's website. This can be a insufficient use of bandwidth for those who want to browse quickly.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-M RC1 - Open blank tab
Posted by: jsnj
Date: January 04, 2005 02:38AM

Double-check that.

Posted by: Logiman
Date: January 07, 2005 12:33AM

Hmm. Strange it doesn't do it anymore. Must of set something wrong the previous time. Oh well.

Posted by: jsnj
Date: January 07, 2005 01:45AM

You might have had the URL Bar text highlighted at the time in which case the new layer button served as a duplicate layer button. The button recognizes selected text. If any text is highlighted/selected on the page or in the URL Bar, the button will open that text in a new layer, so it serves as a "Go to URL /Open As Hyperlink in new layer" button. If Keyword Autosearch is enabled via Tools, that selected text will be searched for in a new layer if it's not a URL. The Go button also recognizes selected text. These features were mentioned in the Read Me file of the betas but the RC1 Read Me is more basic. Documentation will be updated for the final.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.