Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Print rollover text
Posted by: Pennywise
Date: April 10, 2003 09:20PM

I am using a few of the other skins I downloaded on the k-meleon page and I am having something bothersome happen. Everytime I rollover the print button, I get the word "Drucken" instead of print this page. I have it to say "Print this page" in the menu.cfg but still it says it. Anyone know what could change this annoying bit of German I have to see all the time? Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Print rollover text
Posted by: MonkeeSage
Date: April 10, 2003 10:22PM

Pennywise (Great band, BTW):

The key is to look not in menus.cfg, but in toolbars.cfg--in the current skin directory not the profile directory--confusing, eh? heh. winking smiley

The solution is to change it in there, the format being:

History {
macros(name) or ID_NAME
History
hist_hot.bmp[0]
hist_cold.bmp[0]
hist_dead.bmp[0]
}

Explanation:
History {...} = name of the button
macros(name) = replace "name" with the name that runs your macro (this can also be a plugin command like layers(New) -- see here for an (outdated, but still useful) list of plugin commands), or the command ID you want
History = Tooltip label *** This is the one you want
hist_hot.bmp = mouseover image for history button
hist_cold.bmp = default image to show for history button (its a good idea to use an image the same size as the rest, see the very top to toolbars.cfg for the dimensions (h, w))
hist_dead.bmp = disabled image
[0] = index within the image

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Date: April 10, 2003 10:36PM

Forgot to mention that I checke toolbars.cfg also and in the Print field it has the correct english word "Print". I have even tried changing it to something else and still no go.

Date: April 10, 2003 10:41PM

Now that I look at lot of stuff it seems there is more in German than just that. Must be something with windows. Does anyone know what that could be about? Very weird.

Posted by: MonkeeSage
Date: April 10, 2003 11:20PM

Well, the other thing I could think of, but didn't mention, is covered in asmpgmr's recent post to the Mozi-Meleon thread in the "General" section of the forum (the one about changing the #defines in resources.h for ID_PRINTSETUP, &c). But that won't do you alot of good if you can't build K-Meleon. winking smiley

I added those changes to my builds ( http://gratisDei.com/KM.htm ), but I have the print button commented out, so I haven't tested it. It shows the correct text in the statusbar when the mouse is over the menu item for printing now, so mabye it would have the right tooltip as well? Just a guess.

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.