Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Compile problem: nsIContextMenuListener2.h
Posted by: Andreas Tolfsen
Date: November 13, 2002 02:39PM

Well... I'm a newbie (as you might can guess soon), however, I'm really not very familiar with either C++ or VC++.
But, I was following the walkthough on how to compiler K-Meleon (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/docs/build.php), and everything worked fine until I came to the compilation of K-Meleon (not Mozilla). I downloaded the source from your website (http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/kmeleon/), not though CVS, and started compiling. I got a lot of errors, but did some change of prefrences (Preprocessor, and a lot of file paths). I came a bit longer, but soon the whole thing just stopped up. I get an error message in VC++ 6.0 SP5:

--------------------Configuration: kmeleon - Win32 Debug--------------------
Compiling...
StdAfx.cpp
c:\k-meleon\stdafx.h(157) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'nsIContextMenuListener2.h': No such file or directory
Error executing cl.exe.

k-meleon.exe - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Well, hopefully you guys here at the forum may be able to help me. I would be grateful for all answers!

And one last thing: Please don't pick my english.

Best regards,

Andreas Tolfsen
"n00b" in C++

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Compile problem: nsIContextMenuListener2.h
Posted by: Alan
Date: November 13, 2002 05:37PM

1. Open the K-Meleon Project in VC++.

2. From the main menu, go to Project -> Settings

3. Click the C/C++ Tab

4. In the Category listbox select 'Preprocessor'

5. Make sure all of these paths exist in the setting for 'Additional Include Directories'

../mozilla/mozilla/dist/include/docshell, ../mozilla/mozilla/dist/include/dom, ../mozilla/mozilla/dist/include/embed_base, ../mozilla/mozilla/dist/include/exthandler, ../mozilla/mozilla/dist/include/find, ../mozilla/mozilla/dist/include/gfx, ../mozilla/mozilla/dist/include/helperAppDlg, ../mozilla/mozilla/dist/include/imglib2, ../mozilla/mozilla/dist/include/intl, ../mozilla/mozilla/dist/include/layout, ../mozilla/mozilla/dist/include/necko, ../mozilla/mozilla/dist/include/nkcache, ../mozilla/mozilla/dist/include/pref, ../mozilla/mozilla/dist/include/profile, ../mozilla/mozilla/dist/include/shistory, ../mozilla/mozilla/dist/include/string, ../mozilla/mozilla/dist/include/uriloader, ../mozilla/mozilla/dist/include/wallet, ../mozilla/mozilla/dist/include/webbrowserpersist, ../mozilla/mozilla/dist/include/webbrwsr, ../mozilla/mozilla/dist/include/webshell, ../mozilla/mozilla/dist/include/widget, ../mozilla/mozilla/dist/include/windowwatcher, ../mozilla/mozilla/dist/include/xpcom, ../mozilla/mozilla/dist/include/nspr

If your going by the old build info page then you will more than likely be missing these two paths:

../mozilla/mozilla/dist/include/imglib2

and

../mozilla/mozilla/dist/include/webbrwsr

Be sure to to check these settings for both Win32 Release *and* Win32 Debug.

-Alan
kmeleon32@yahoo.com

Posted by: Andreas Tolfsen
Date: November 13, 2002 06:13PM

Well it seems like I'm getting closer, but not close enough. Now I get another error message while "Rebuilding all" in VC++ v6.0 SP5.

Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'kmeleon - Win32 Debug'.
--------------------Configuration: kmeleon - Win32 Debug--------------------
Compiling resources...
Compiling...
StdAfx.cpp
c:\k-meleon\stdafx.h(155) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'nsITooltipTextProvider.h': No such file or directory
Error executing cl.exe.

k-meleon.exe - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Any suggestions?

Posted by: Alan
Date: November 14, 2002 12:33AM

The nsITooltipTextProvider.h header should be in your ../mozilla/mozilla/dist/include/webbrwsr directory.

Make sure you set the proper paths for *both* the Win32 Release *and* Win32 Debug because when you change the path settings for just one profile it does not carry over to the other.

One more thing about the paths. I see your KMeleon source is installed to:

c:\k-meleon

If your mozilla sources aren't in:

c:\mozilla\mozilla

Then the relative paths I gave earlier are moot and will have to adjusted per how its setup on your box.

-Alan

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.