Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
*Brand New Beta Here*
Posted by: Al.
Date: October 22, 2002 08:58PM

This is for those who are interested in the continued development of K-Meleon, and getting involved in the beta testing phase. There has just been a *new* beta build released, and it is based on Gecko/Mozilla v1.2b.

The message containing the links to download it are here:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=1215810&forum_id=2617
Remember, do get involved and let Jeff know about any bugs and quirks you may find.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: *Brand New Beta Here*
Posted by: Harvey
Date: October 22, 2002 10:52PM

Not very good. It will not download because of missing file. After getting that file repeated crashes on Windows 95 and from what is written 98.
I wonder what the rush was to issue a new beta based on Mozilla 1.2b when they cannot provide a stable release based on the latest Mozilla milestones

Posted by: jsnj
Date: October 23, 2002 07:52AM

Using beta build 647. I don't see any difference from the last. I still have to mix and match kplugin dll files to get it to work correctly for my customizations like I had to with build 488. Namely toolbars.dll(from 2 betas ago) and macros.dll(from Ulf's plugin page). The macros dll in the latest doesn't support prompt. And the toolbars dll crashes when I try to close Kmeleon as it did in build 488. Supposedly there's new macros capabilities with $link_url and $image_url but I don't know how to write macros. I just steal them from other people who've created them so I don't know what to do with those. I don't notice a difference with speed of the engine from 488 to 647. Both are pretty stable and fast. Maybe 647 is a tad faster at loading pages but I'm not sure. It's still very good. I just wish I could tell a difference between the two or some improvement.

Posted by: Andrew G
Date: October 23, 2002 11:42AM

Downloaded and installed Beta from above link,it will not work,Browser won't start,not impressed,may try later when a link to a version that actually works is provided.

Posted by: Andrew
Date: October 23, 2002 12:11PM

A new EXE is available to correct the start up problems with the current beta. This is why we encourage beta testers to be on the developers list. More details here:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=1219499&forum_id=2617

Posted by: Andrew G
Date: October 23, 2002 05:00PM

Thanks Andrew' in addition, I had to remove the HOTLIST.DLL from K-Meleon folder and it works fine now.

Posted by: ne081
Date: October 23, 2002 05:23PM

Out of sheer curiousity i was wondering if prefetching is enabled in this build?(i know it is in moz,just wanted to pose the question here since this isnt exactly moz and i know it can be disabled)Thanks

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.